Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

iguana wrote: »
    I don't think she dies. When Becky was reporting Max missing the police officer told her they were bringing in a heat scanner. That will be used to detect body heat from anyone who might be missing in the rubble. Kelly obviously has Max somewhere but when the emergency services look for him I bet they'll find Rita.

Ah Ha!! Ya I was thinking Kelly had him :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

chucken1 wrote: »
    I really wanted to see John dragging another body around the street :D..

He's more bumbling now than Roy!!
    yeah how come Roy hasn't been out there with his first aid kit and blankets?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

casio4 wrote: »
    yeah how come Roy hasn't been out there with his first aid kit and blankets?

First aiders Gail and Janice are already on the scene, I guess he figured they had it in hand.:p

but if Roy or Hayley thought someone had a fall and grazed their knee out on the street they would be there like a light, so there is chaos going on outside and they haven't even poked their nose out the door for a look?:confused:

casio4 wrote: »
    but if Roy or Hayley thought someone had a fall and grazed their knee out on the street they would be there like a light, so there is chaos going on outside and they haven't even poked their nose out the door for a look?:confused:

They're busy with making soup!!!

• Advertisement

chucken1 wrote: »
    They're busy with making soup!!!
    I'm getting too caught up in all this great story I never thought of that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

gazzer wrote: »
    Is the actor who plays Dev going to be allowed anywhere near the Corrie Set tomorrow for the live episode?? He has to be the worst actor ever to appear on TV. How he has lasted so long in Corrie is beyond me.

He was in Carlow Town a few years ago opening a new nightclub. I wasn't there myself but he was apparently extremely obnoxious to people who approached him.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I knew it was coming but I was still sad... Ashley. :( Thought he was a great character, Claire is the reason he was fired no doubt about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Haven't watched Corrie in ages but when I knew the explosion/tram crash was coming I started tuning in to see the build up.

One thing that struck me was that
    Owen supposedly arranged for Jim to be beaten up to keep him away from Liz, what are the chances that he did a shoddy job on the work in the Joinery to protect her business??

Very sad about Ashley, was never a big fan of his squeaky voice but he dies a hero. I'm with OP who have speculated about Ciaran. They made too much of him getting the all clear.

Don't think that
    Rita
    dies but could be wrong
    Good call. I have to say, I always say I only watch EE and CS because my girlfriend watches them... but I'm starting to get slightly into them :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

OisinT wrote: »
    Good call. I have to say, I always say I only watch EE and CS because my girlfriend watches them... but I'm starting to get slightly into them :o

You're like my dad! :p For years he was always giving out about "that crap" on the telly. Now he never misses them :D He even called me today to invite me over to dinner tomorrow so we can watch the live episode together :D

• Advertisement

OisinT wrote: »

You'll be like my father-in-law one of these days, thoughtfully reminding my mother-in-law that it's time for Coronation Street and changing the channel for her even when she isn't really bothered.:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Cant wait for tomorrow's live episode, i wonder will there be any slipups:p

Cant wait for tomorrow's live episode, i wonder will there be any slipups:p

Well if there is..we can disect them!! :D..Us Sherlocks lol.

Its only the other day the 40th anniversary was on :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Ah I am sure there will be some mistakes made, the scenes will be so intense.

Won't it be funny for them, they've shot this months ago and have already shot some of the funeral shots, so wont it be weird for them to go back to the crash??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,052 ✭✭✭gazzer

I only dip in and out of Corrie but have been glued to it all week. One thing I noticed though. Any time I do switch it on over the last couple of years that Michelle one is never around. She is always away in Ireland, or touring with a group. She has a great life :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

what does a person have to do to get 'dev' killed off at last ! perfect opportunity and he's still there..........the actor who plays him must have some serious dirt on the bosses! useless character...useless actor !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

If either Peter or Nick had to die I was hoping it would be Nick but watching tonight I'm not sure if I can take Gail and David doing grief for the next few months.

yes considering she is in love with Nick and bats those eyelashes at him like nobody's business...
    Gail sure has had some life! I wonder if her long lost brother E.T will turn up for the funeral

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

what does a person have to do to get 'dev' killed off at last ! perfect opportunity and he's still there..........the actor who plays him must have some serious dirt on the bosses! useless character...useless actor !
    Totally agree! He has done nothing and neither has Sunita since she has come back except for that storyline when their stupid brat got bonked on the noggin. Dont know what their purpose is..............although could we take Dev grieving??

(Oh and I thought baby Jack looked utterly adorable when he was lying on Molly's chest while she was passed out and he was raising his head like he knew he really needed to get out from under the rubble. :) )

What with all the smoke and "debris" around him, he was brilliant! Someone give that child a pat on the back!!

He might think he's being winded, but what harm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How come no one i.e. Leanne coped how upset Carla was over Peter and btw where is Michelle shouldnt she be worried about Ciaran even though he was safe :confused:

Jason saving little Simon was the best thing he has done since he has been in the soap

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

I felt so sorry for little baby Jack - he had no understanding of why he was dumped into a pile of rubble and dust. Why would his real-life parents let him in there - Corrie must have been paying them well!

It's been great overall - even though there have been a few moments that were too far-fetched but that's artistic licence I suppose!

I reckon Rita's a goner!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

bubbaloo wrote: »
    I felt so sorry for little baby Jack - he had no understanding of why he was dumped into a pile of rubble and dust.

Keep this to yourself, but what you see scattered around the place is not real. It is really nothing more heavy than airoboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Keep this to yourself, but what you see scattered around the place is not real. It is really nothing more heavy than airoboard.

Was it a real baby? I was under the distinct impression, that the scenes with molly and jack in the rubble, it was an animatronic baby. The way the baby moved etc looked wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

syklops wrote: »
    Was it a real baby? I was under the distinct impression, that the scenes with molly and jack in the rubble, it was an animatronic baby. The way the baby moved etc looked wrong.

I would say anyone with any little bit of cop on would not allow a real baby near scenes like that. Neither would health and safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,760 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Mum has just started watching Coronation Street for the first time in months, mainly because I've been banging on about it all week :pac:

She was watching the repeats just there, and roared up to me "AOIFE! IS ANITA GOING TO DIIIIIIE?!"

Me - ":confused: WHO'S ANITA?!"
    Mum - "THE ONE IN THE SHOP!"
    Me - "OH, RITA!!"
    Mum - "NOOOOO, THE OTHER ONE!"
    Me - :confused:
    Mum - "DEV'S WIFE!!"
    Me - "SUNITA!!"
    Mum - "YEAH!! SO IS SHE GOING TO DIE? SHE'S BADLY INJURED!!"

*Contemplates going through the whole faff of my theory of Sunita not being kicked out after just a few months*

Me - "EH...I DON'T KNOW"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Mum has just started watching Coronation Street for the first time in months, mainly because I've been banging on about it all week :pac:

She was watching the repeats just there, and roared up to me "AOIFE! IS ANITA GOING TO DIIIIIIE?!"

Me - ":confused: WHO'S ANITA?!"
    Mum - "THE ONE IN THE SHOP!"
    Me - "OH, RITA!!"
    Mum - "NOOOOO, THE OTHER ONE!"
    Me - :confused:
    Mum - "DEV'S WIFE!!"
    Me - "SUNITA!!"
    Mum - "YEAH!! SO IS SHE GOING TO DIE? SHE'S BADLY INJURED!!"

*Contemplates going through the whole faff of my theory of Sunita not being kicked out after just a few months*

Me - "EH...I DON'T KNOW"

To be fair to your Ma, Shobna Gulati who plays Sunita, played a character called Anita in the comedy classic Dinnerladies. Its easy to get confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Dot should be mentioning Corrie soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I'm nervous for them now, and I rarely even watch Corrie, only when coerced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Betting for tonight..

Who will fluff their lines first?

As some people think that Coronation Street is real we have only listed the character names as opposed to that of the actors portraying them. All odds for this market come courtesy of bookmakers Paddy Power.
    9/2 – Dev Alahan
    9/2 – Nick Tilsley
    6/1 – Peter Barlow
    6/1 – Graeme Proctor
    8/1 – Kevin Webster
    8/1 – Tyrone Dobbs
    8/1 – Rita Sullivan
    10/1 – Becky McDonald
    10/1 – Deirdre Barlow
    16/1 – Steve McDonald
    20/1 – Ken Barlow
    20/1 – Gail McIntyre
    20/1 – Norris Cole
    20/1 – Roy Cropper

Other

5/1 – Any actor who does an unscripted giggle
    5/1 – Cameraman or a technician to be caught in a shot
    6/1 – Any actor to address character by real name instead of the character name
    8/1 – Any actor to swear during the show
    25/1 – The set to fall apart and be caught on camera

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement