Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    As he arrives in Weatherfield, Tommy is in for a sad surprise as he is unaware of the fact that Jack has passed away.

correct me if i am wrong but didn't they do a scene where tyrone rang Tommy (from the garage if i remember correctly) about the funeral arrangements and all he was interested in was the money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

That was Terry- Tommys the grandson

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

correct me if i am wrong but didn't they do a scene where tyrone rang Tommy (from the garage if i remember correctly) about the funeral arrangements and all he was interested in was the money?

I wonder has he turned out anything like his auld fella

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Deise Tom wrote: »
    I wonder has he turned out anything like his auld fella

If he's anything like his brother he will.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Remember when Kevin and Sally were discussing Tyrone ringing Terry to let him know about Jack's passing? Well, not a word between them about Sally doing the dirty on Kevin with Terry many moons ago.

Anyone else remember this? She was Sally Seddon, wearing 80's neon colours....very flirty and totally different to how she is now. She had a fling with Terry in some kind of workyard, don't think it was a garage.

• Advertisement

Ann22 wrote: »
    Remember when Kevin and Sally were discussing Tyrone ringing Terry to let him know about Jack's passing? Well, not a word between them about Sally doing the dirty on Kevin with Terry many moons ago.

Anyone else remember this? She was Sally Seddon, wearing 80's neon colours....very flirty and totally different to how she is now. She had a fling with Terry in some kind of workyard, don't think it was a garage.

Terry and Curly had a yard hired off Rita. It had a small office and the two lads thought it was I dont know what. The yard once belonged to Len i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Lloyd - "They might just get married" (paraphrasing)
    Carla - "They might not...A lot can happen in a week"

huge.41.206627.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Tyrone has been wearing the same fleece top for years now, you would think they would give him a new one

casio4 wrote: »
    Tyrone has been wearing the same fleece top for years now, you would think they would give him a new one

There is a recession.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

syklops wrote: »
    I was just thinking about the blast, and Eoin last night. The blast is caused by something mysterious in the Joinery. Does anyone else think it will turn out it was due to shoddy cow-boy style workmanship from Eoin? He is seriously dodgy and I'd love to see him carted off due to negligence or some such.

I was thinking the same thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I was thinking the same thing.

An Eileen will get away scot free with the money!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,482 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

This is the dramatic moment that life on Coronation Street changes forever as The Joinery explodes, causing a tram to career off the viaduct and onto the cobbles below.

In earth-shattering scenes to mark the Weatherfield soap's 50th anniversary, the disaster causes destruction, tragedy and uncertainty as some much-loved characters are killed and others find their lives hanging in the balance.

550w_soaps_corrie_explosion_01.jpg

Just before the explosion sparks a terrible series of events, Peter Barlow (Chris Gascoyne) is enjoying his stag night at the bar - unaware that owner Nick Tilsley (Ben Price) plans to reveal he's been having an affair with his fiancée Leanne (Jane Danson).

However, before Nick can confess all, the blast rocks the building and both men are buried beneath the rubble. As their lives hang in the balance, will the truth come out?

Meanwhile, Ken Barlow (Bill Roache) and Leanne are on their way to the bar in a bid to stop Nick from exposing the heartbreaking secret - but they're thrown to the ground on the street due to the ferocious explosion.

Devoted aunty Becky McDonald (Katherine Kelly) is also out on the cobbles as the disaster occurs, desperately searching for her nephew Max, who has gone missing from his bedroom. Becky's friends are still unaware of the fact that she bought Max from her half-sister Kylie - could the shocking events result in her guilty secret being revealed?

Elsewhere, Molly Dobbs (Vicky Binns) is in the Corner Shop with her baby son Jack at the time of the explosion - just moments after telling husband Tyrone (Alan Halsall) that he's not the child's father. Will a fateful night for Coronation Street also see Molly destroy the marriage of her ex-lover Kevin Webster (Michael Le Vell)?

550w_soaps_corrie_explosion_02.jpg

Speaking of the 50th anniversary episodes, Coronation Street's producer Phil Collinson commented: "As we celebrate the show reaching such an incredible milestone, it feels fitting that we will be screening a dramatic event of this magnitude which will affect the lives of all the residents of Coronation Street.

"We'll be using all the wonders of modern television production to bring you a disaster that will rock the lives of everyone in Weatherfield. At the heart of the drama, though, will be ordinary people on an ordinary street battling adversity - the template for the programme created by Tony Warren 50 years ago."

Coronation Street's 50th anniversary week begins on Monday, December 6 at 7.30pm.

550w_soaps_corrie_explosion_05.jpg

550w_soaps_corrie_explosion_03.jpg

550w_soaps_corrie_explosion_04.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

So, Tina is to become a barmaid? That miserable face would put me of my water, nevermind my beer!

(Well, rum, I don't drink beer)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Sorry if this has been posted already, it's the trailer for the tram crash. It looks AMAZING, just like a blockbuster film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Oh Molly's a b!tch!!! Hope that tram wrecks you!!!

Holy sh!t!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

When's the crash episode? Assuming the live episode is following it?

I think it's the 2nd episode on Monday. And then the live episode is on Thursday I think. Iguana posted a schedule of all the Corrie related stuff next week, including the first ever episode!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

syklops wrote: »
    I was just thinking about the blast, and Eoin last night. The blast is caused by something mysterious in the Joinery. Does anyone else think it will turn out it was due to shoddy cow-boy style workmanship from Eoin? He is seriously dodgy and I'd love to see him carted off due to negligence or some such.

I hope you're right, he's an awful character, I don't think anyone likes him at all. Perhaps he was only ever written into the street in order to destroy it and we were never meant to like him.

So, Tina is to become a barmaid? That miserable face would put me of my water, nevermind my beer!

(Well, rum, I don't drink beer)

I totally agree, she's a very pretty girl but what a miserable grouchy cow she is. She never smiles, a real bore of a character.

• Advertisement

Some of the cast being interviewed on set on Ireland AM now. No difference between Helen Flanagan and Rosie at all:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Ann22 wrote: »
    I totally agree, she's a very pretty girl but what a miserable grouchy cow she is. She never smiles, a real bore of a character.

I'm consoled by the knowledge that the management of the Rovers encourages its female bar staff to show their chests. Tina is suitably qualified in this department. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,482 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Coronation Street star Steve Huison is to leave the show, it has been revealed.

The actor, who plays Eddie Windass in the ITV1 soap, will leave the cobbles next year after bosses decided to write him out of the drama.

Huison wrote on Twitter: "To be honest, I'll be glad to get on with things. It's all unreal there anyway. No challenge. I'll miss the money and a few good friends."

He then joked: "Do you know what I'm really looking forward to more than anything else? A right bloody good haircut!"

Speaking to the Daily Star Sunday, Coronation Street's producer Phil Collinson commented: "I've loved watching Steve's portrayal of super-slob Eddie and, with Gary [Windass] still very much part of Coronation Street, I'm sure it's not going to be the last we'll see of Eddie."

A show spokesman added: "The storyline is still being worked out but Steve will leave early next year."

Eddie is expected to leave Weatherfield as part of son Gary's post-traumatic stress storyline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I think it's the 2nd episode on Monday. And then the live episode is on Thursday I think.
    Live episode is the 9th December, which IS Thursday..

God I really HATE Peter Barlow... There's just something about him I cant stand..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Anyone Just see the preview for 8:30:eek: *gets popcorn ready*

Anyone else watching the first episode on ITV1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Anyone Just see the preview for 8:30:eek: *gets popcorn ready*

Hollywood couldnt have done it better.. it was class..

It's so weird how little William Roache has changed in 50 years

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

It's so weird how little William Roache has changed in 50 years

The man is pushing 80! I bet he has a portrait of himself in his attic that does his ageing for him.

• Advertisement

"See you tomorrow"
    "Tomorrow's another day"
    "You never know what tomorrow brings"

Did I miss any other ones?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement