Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,887 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Andrew Lancel has joined the cast of Coronation Street, taking on the role of new character Frank Foster.

The actor - best known for playing DI Neil Manson in The Bill - will make his first appearance on the cobbles early next year when Frank is introduced as one of Carla Connor's (Alison King) business associates.

According to the ITV soap's official website, Frank goes on to become a new factory client before pursuing Carla's right hand woman Michelle (Kym Marsh) as he looks for love.

Speaking of his new part, Lancel commented: "I'm made up to be here. It's been a long time coming and I'm a big fan of the show so I'm thrilled."

He added: "Frank looks like he's going to be fun to play, there's more to him than meets the eye, he's definitely not one-sided."

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

blondie7 wrote: »
    I no i was sitting there going kill him Jim :D Its coming though i no it is :D

I think it's going to be the other way round

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

casio4 wrote: »
    I think it's going to be the other way round

Really? Ill be annoyed if it is cos i HATE Owen! All he ever does is shout at someone :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

blondie7 wrote: »
    Really? Ill be annoyed if it is cos i HATE Owen! All he ever does is shout at someone :rolleyes:

He also has the job of bursting into people's homes and repeatedly shouting out their names whenever they are pretending to be someone else. John pretending to be Colin with Barry, and Becky pretending to to be Kelly with the social worker were both interrupted by him.

John Stape is set to claim his 3rd victim in the New Year when Joy Fishwick dies mysteriously.
    Joy suffers a suspected heart attack as she tries to find out what happened to her son Colin.
    But it later emerges that disgraced teacher John is connected with the death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,556 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Corrie sure love their serial killers :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I just wish someone would kill John Stape :mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Sally Webster will be SO SMUG whenever it all comes out about John.

Posy wrote: »

Well, so would anyone be if the man who kidnapped their teenage daughter and decided to move across the road from them after being released from prison and was accepted by all their friends, turned out to be a serial killer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    John Stape is set to claim his 3rd victim in the New Year when Joy Fishwick dies mysteriously.
    Joy suffers a suspected heart attack as she tries to find out what happened to her son Colin.
    But it later emerges that disgraced teacher John is connected with the death.
    3rd victim? Who was the second? And he didnt technically kill Colin. He pushed him and he died from injuries sustained in a previous altercation.

• Advertisement

syklops wrote: »
    3rd victim? Who was the second? And he didnt technically kill Colin. He pushed him and he died from injuries sustained in a previous altercation.
    He kills Charlotte soon enough so she is the 2nd

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Posy wrote: »

What will she think when she learns about Kevin and Molly.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    He kills Charlotte soon enough so she is the 2nd
    As i said he didn't really kill colin. Does he actually kill Charlotte? I thought she dies in the Tram crash??

syklops wrote: »
    As i said he didn't really kill colin. Does he actually kill Charlotte? I thought she dies in the Tram crash??
    I think he is supposed to kill her and then dump her body in the wreckage.

A heads up that Corrie is all over the place next week.

Mon, 7.30pm only
    Wed, 7.30pm + 8.00pm
    Thur, 7.30pm
    Fri, 7.30pm only

Former Hollyoaks star Chris Fountain has been cast in Coronation Street, taking on the role of Tommy Duckworth.

Tommy - grandson of the late Jack and Vera and son of Terry - will make a shock return to the cobbles next March, more than ten years after he was last seen on screen.

As he arrives in Weatherfield, Tommy is in for a sad surprise as he is unaware of the fact that Jack has passed away.

According to the ITV soap's official website, Tommy has an eye for the ladies and soon finds himself accepted by the local community thanks to his "quick wit and easy charm".

Speaking of his new role, Fountain commented: "I'm delighted to be joining Coronation Street, especially as I'm playing a Duckworth. I'm looking forward to upholding one of the most celebrated names in soap. I can't wait to start filming in the New Year."

Meanwhile, Coronation Street's producer Phil Collinson said: "I have long admired Chris, right back to his first appearance on our screens as a young boy in Red Production Company's Bob and Rose. He has the perfect balance of looks and charm and will, I am sure, create a brilliant successor to Jack. The ladies of Weatherfield had better watch out!"

Fountain will be the third actor to play the role of Tommy, following in the footsteps of Darryl Edwards and Joseph Aston, who portrayed the younger versions of the character.

Best known for appearing as Hollyoaks bad boy Justin Burton between 2003 and 2009, Fountain's other screen credits include Where The Heart Is, The Royal and Five Days.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,873 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Are they trying to turn Coronation Street into the new The Bill now?

Incidentally, I do actually like Chris Fountain, so I'm pretty happy about that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Charlotte is such a nutjob, I hate her and John! In fact, I wish the two of them and Fiz would run off together!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Bring on that out of control tram! Can't wait for Ashley and "Clur" to reach their final stop.

Kevin looks so badass in his picture. :pac:

• Advertisement

Kevin looks so badass in his picture. :pac:

In the picture, it says "Kabin rocked: Molly and Baby Jack in the Kabin when the blast hits", but the picture is clearly Dev's shop.

someone show Molly a calendar, when Tyrone said he wanted to get a Christmas tree she said it's not even December yet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

someone show Molly a calendar, when Tyrone said he wanted to get a Christmas tree she said it's not even December yet :D

I think that episode was supposed to be on last night, so it would have been Nov 30th. It was a new day (Dec 1) with Ken pacing around his sitting room :pac:

I think that episode was supposed to be on last night, so it would have been Nov 30th. It was a new day (Dec 1) with Ken pacing around his sitting room :pac:
    I kind of thought that, that's why I put the smiley face on the post. There was only one episode on Monday when there are normally two so they moved one to tonight;)

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

550w_corrie_7485_2.jpg
    Lloyd as he kicks down Claire's door to rescue her and the kids (Josh, Freddie, Simon and Russ)

550w_corrie_7485_1.jpg

550w_corrie_7485_5.jpg
    Jason finds Simon...

The full Corrie related schedule for next week. Actual episodes in bold.

Saturday 4 December
    9.30pm, BBC4: The Road to Coronation Street (repeat)
    Sunday 5 December
    5.15pm, ITV1: Stars on the Street (repeat)

Monday 6 December
    12.30pm, ITV1: Loose Women stars Nick Cochrane (Andy McDonald)
    7.30pm, ITV1: Coronation Street
    8.00pm, ITV1: Coronation Street's first ever episode
    8.30pm, ITV1: Coronation Street
    9pm, CH4: Come Dine With Me: Coronation Street Special
    10pm. ITV2: Coronation Street Uncovered: Live

Tuesday 7 December
    8.30am, ITV1: Lorraine Kelly direct from the Coronation Street set
    8.30pm. ITV1: Coronation Street
    9pm, ITV1: Coronation Street: 50 Years, 50 Moments, Part 1 of 2

Wednesday 8 December
    7pm, ITV1: Coronation Street

Thursday 9 December

***8pm, ITV1: Coronation Street LIVE episode, one hour long***
    9pm, ITV1: Coronation Street: 50 Years, 50 Moments, Part 2 of 2
    10pm, ITV2: Celebrity Juice Coronation Street

Friday 10 December
    7.30pm, ITV1: Coronation Street
    8.30pm, ITV1: Coronation Street
    9pm, ITV1: Coronation Street: The Big 50. Quiz with Paul O'Grady, "includes surprises and treats for Corrie fans"

I'm really looking forward to seeing the first episode.

Okay, it will probably be as boring as hell, but it will be cool to see the whole then and now element of it :-)

The first eposite last night was to be screen on Monday night. There was only one shown instead of the usual two.

Has anyone mentioned that Janice might be one of those that are going to die in the crash. Isnt she to go out of it soon. There was an anouncement made earlier in the year about her leaving. What has happened to her idea of training as a nurse or health care worker by the way. And where has Liz gone. I know she is leaving but has she left already and they are making up excuses as to why she is not in the bar. Last night it was a hair do, i think there was also some vintners do or something.

• Advertisement

Deise Tom wrote: »
    What has happened to her idea of training as a nurse or health care worker by the way.
    Freddie, or one of Clur's other brats boys got stung by a bee and went into Anaphylactic shock. Janice jumped into action and saved his life, because she knew what to do from the training she had done and by all accounts saved his life. Only the experience scared the sh1t out of ehr and she lost interest in health care. Very un-Janice like. This was when that psycho was producer and the charachters all got multiple character syndrome.

I was just thinking about the blast, and Eoin last night. The blast is caused by something mysterious in the Joinery. Does anyone else think it will turn out it was due to shoddy cow-boy style workmanship from Eoin? He is seriously dodgy and I'd love to see him carted off due to negligence or some such.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement