Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Im so pissed off with season 3

Options
  • 06-05-2009 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Its rubbish I havent finished yet but im really not enjoying it that much at all. :mad:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i didnt bother finishing it

it was absolutely dreadful

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

well that's like your opinion and noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I thought it was a great laugh, personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭James Mcfadden

Helix wrote: »
    i didnt bother finishing it

it was absolutely dreadful

Yeah im going to finish it and hope it picks up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Yeah im going to finish it and hope it picks up.
    It doesn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Its no where near as good as the Seasons 1 & 2, buts its still ok.

I think not having Doakes in it anymore takes a lot away from the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I thought it was distinctly average as well to be honest.

Especially when compared to seasons 1 and 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,217 ✭✭✭bullpost

Not as good as seasons 1 and 2 , but still worth sticking with. In fairness maintaining the standard set previously was always going to be difficult but contrast it to pretty much everything else on TV and its still head and shoulders above the majority of it.

I thought having the guy from "NYPD Blue" would have made it. But like all American shows (with a few exceptions)they dont when to stop and it gets corny.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Yeah they needed Doakes.

There also wasn't near enough killing. I liked seeing how Dexter set up the kill in S1 and S2 and also how he reasoned in his mind why it was ok to do so.

They should of really ended it with last season, I hope S4 will be good but I'm not holding my breath.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Dexter was completely out of character, the session was brutal. No one gives a ****e about his blond bint of a girlfriend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

The first episode of S4 better start with Dex offing Rita during the honeymoon. There was far too much Rita and the wedding shoite in S3.

Btw I think the showrunner for Dexter left it at the end of season two to go work on Dirty Sexy Money. Maybe that had something to do with the fall off in standard. Also agree with above that Doakes was missed.
    Dexter also seems to work best when he's in imminent fear of being caught/discovered and there wasn't really much of that in S3 although the bit where
    he discovers where the blood on Miguel's shirt really comes from
    was one of the best bits of all three seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

eh i stopped watching this season as well but i **** all to do at the bank holiday just gone - noone around so i watched them all - meh
    ill still come back for next season though but its not like seasons 1 and 2 where you would be awake at 4am downloading it saying ah sure i only need 3 hours sleap before work. i used to be in bits on monday mornings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

I thought it was great! Not as good as the first two, but nothing worth complaining about.. Can't wait for the next one :)

I take it back the last few episodes were really good and so was the ending. But it was to much about the wife in this series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

It's getting great again...I just watched "The Damage a Man Can Do" and can't wait for the next one now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cafegirl

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Its no where near as good as the Seasons 1 & 2, buts its still ok.

I think not having Doakes in it anymore takes a lot away from the show.
    Totally running out of ideas,hopefully they will wrap it up now

I disagree. Season 3 has been the weakest so far, but it is still excellent particularly from the episode "Easy as Pie" onwards.

And in the final episode, "Do You Take Dexter Morgan?", there are two clues about what two plot developments might be in store for season 4:
    Deb is on the verge of finding out that Dexter is the Ice Truck Killer's brother, and the real Freebo shirt is still out there, somewhere. Dexter's blood spilt on Rita's wedding dress when they were dancing in the final scene which, I think, was done to remind us about that incriminating shirt...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭sean6477

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Say what you want about Season 3, but......

....at least it didn't have Lilah :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

Season 3 was indeed such a let down to Season 1 and 2. 2 Being my favourite!
    Hopefully Season 4 will pick up!

Actually, having just re-watched the first season, yes, I have to agree that season 3 was far, far below par. Season One was so thematically dense and clever...as was Season Two. The Skinner did not cut it as an adversary at all, and neither did Miguel. It was a one dimensional series. There was very little excitement, and little in the way of true suspense.

What's needed is a major injection of adrenalin - the type that only comes from Dexter's killings coming under the spotlight a la Doakes and Lundy. The Bay Harbour Butcher case needs to be re-opened. Hopefully Deb will start to put the pieces together.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Furet wrote: »
    What's needed is a major injection of adrenalin - the type that only comes from Dexter's killings coming under the spotlight a la Doakes and Lundy. The Bay Harbour Butcher case needs to be re-opened. Hopefully Deb will start to put the pieces together.
    With Lundy coming back for S4
    , we may well see some interest in the Bay Harbour Butcher case once more. Let's hope so.

I hope they stay well away from the whole
    "Dexter's Dark Passenger is really a demon"
    storyline that you find in the books.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,932 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Season 3 was a hack job. You could make up most of Dexter's dialogue yourself.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 47 PurplePossum

Aw come on, it is such an original idea, of COURSE Season one is gonna stand out in comparrison, but they've got to take the ideas somewhere. Am still loving it.... Go Michael C. Hall. Cant wait for Season 4! And dont suggest they pull plug, just stop watching it if it bugs you that much! Dont ruin it for rest of us!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭Basq

They're not gonna pull the plug depending on a couple of people's opinions.

I actually wouldn't mind it going as far as a season 4 or 5 - similar duration to 'Six Feet Under' and then end it.

They'll be truly flogging a dead horse if Dexter starts bumping off his kid's kindergarden teacher etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,979 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Thought Season 3 was ok. Better, IMO than Season 2, which by and large was awful except for the last few episodes. But Season 1 has set a bar that I think no other Season will meet.

But, so long as any other Season doesn't descend into Season 2's "which girl will Dexter end up with" nonsense again, then I'll be happy. That crap destroyed that series as far as I was concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

Say what you want about Season 3, but......

....at least it didn't have Lilah :pac:

Agreed, she just seriously pissed me off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Furet wrote: »
    I hope they stay well away from the whole
    "Dexter's Dark Passenger is really a demon"
    storyline that you find in the books.

I really couldn't see that playing well in a tv show, that and the whole MLK thing in the books was hard enough to swallow...mind you something they could go with either this season or season 5(if it happens) is the idea of the kids turning out like Dexter and Dexter taching them the Harry Code.

Advertisement