Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Im so pissed off with season 3

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭kevin_de_big

I'll give it a chance, as I adore the first two seasons, and there will be a fourth. I don't like what I'm reading about the drop in quality! Doakes did add a sense of tension, which I imagine will alter how the program is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Moromaster

I din't like it because there was no 'big bad serial killer' on the loose. Just Migueille's lawyer bullcrap.

It was still an enjoyable watch, though. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Everything suffers from a lack of Doakes. Rewatching from season 1 makes me ever more aware of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Christoph

3rd season was a mistake. There was a good moments (well I was shocked when
    Prado said THANK YOU after Dex killed this guy who suppose to killed Prado's brother
    but the rest, oh - my - god! Boring, no taste, just bad. Ok, it is past, very soon we could see 4th season (premiere this week in USA). I wish to all of us to enjoy this season! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭antod

yeah agree with alot of yee the 3rd series was very average the 2nd series is my favourite,cant wait for the 4th series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,932 ✭✭✭✭Stark

What's the consensus on Season 4 so far from people? I've been turned off the show by Season 3, but I might give it another go if Season 4 is a return to Season 1/2 quality.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I@m liking it a lot. First two episodes have set it up nicely with return of a major character and a new villain who looks very intriguing. Dexter trying to do his thing whilst being a husband and father is very interesting too. So far it iis much better than last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Stark wrote: »
    What's the consensus on Season 4 so far from people? I've been turned off the show by Season 3, but I might give it another go if Season 4 is a return to Season 1/2 quality.

I'm exactly the same. Haven't bothered with Season 4 since S3 was so poor overall (albeit with a few decent episodes).

I think I'll wait till this season finishes and see what the overall view is here before I dive back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Doakes is a huge loss to the show..
    Still can' believe those idiots wrote him out of it ...2 seasons later I'm still pissed at em:mad:
    Their only hope now to to reinvent Quin as Doakes version 2..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Just finished watching season 3 about two hours ago. I was really disappointed. With season two myself and the OH got really in to it and stayed up really late one night so watch about 6 episodes together. We lost interest in season 3 and I only watched the last few episodes today because I'm home sick in bed.

Really hope season 4 is better and there is less of Rita - she is just annoying and the marriage thing just didn't fit in. How is he going to disappear to kill now if he lives with her? I also hope they don't go down the same storyline as the books
    where the two kids are mini dexters and he teaches them harry's code and how to kill - that was lame

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Well we're six episodes into Season 4 and it's a huge improvement over Season 3. They've managed a much better balancing act between his family life and the Dark Passenger and work it well into the flow of the story.

The main arc is a lot better too and, to be honest, I think it's superior to the previous season in every respect. In fact Season 2 only picked up for the second half whereas Season 4 is good from pretty much the start. I'm a lot more hopeful from what I've seen so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

I'm impressed at how dense this season (four) is. Six episodes in and it already feels like we've seen more than in the 12 episodes of season 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭SM01

Glad to hear season 4 is held in such regard. Was having doubts after season 3 (which I enjoyed for the most part but didn't have me pining for more). I'll have to wait until season 4 in it's entirety to buy/download before I start into 4 though - I devour series in 3 and 4 hour sessions over the space of a week so not being having the next episode on demand would destroy me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Furet wrote: »
    I'm impressed at how dense this season (four) is. Six episodes in and it already feels like we've seen more than in the 12 episodes of season 3.

Absolutely agree with this. Seems like an awful lot has happened! It's a huge improvement on season 3 which was poor by the standard we all came ot expect but still better than most of the tripe that's on tv.

Loving season 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,791 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I'm about 4 episodes behind.. need to catch up!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

basquille wrote: »
    I'm about 4 episodes behind.. need to catch up!

That's a nice way to be. I'm on top of all the shows I watch so find myself having to constantly wait a week because I tend to watch them straight away once they're available!

I haven't watched any Dexter this year 'cos last year was so shite.
    Now that it's finished how did S4 compare to S3?

Spoiler-free obviously :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Better then season 3. Might be good if you watch it all together as I felt it was drawn out.

Some fanboys swear its the best season of dexter, but frankly that's entire based on the last few episodes. If I wasn't already a fan, season 4 wouldn't have made me one.

DeepBlue wrote: »
    I haven't watched any Dexter this year 'cos last year was so shite.
    Now that it's finished how did S4 compare to S3?

Spoiler-free obviously :).

Watch it. Now. I gave the second half of it to my cousin last night and he stayed up til 5 watching it. Feel sorry for him now with his little nephews being all hyper. :pac:

Seriously though, acquire it now and watch it. It may well be in my top 5 seasons of TV shows ever.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Boston wrote: »
    Better then season 3. Might be good if you watch it all together as I felt it was drawn out.

Some fanboys swear its the best season of dexter, but frankly that's entire based on the last few episodes. If I wasn't already a fan, season 4 wouldn't have made me one.

The earlier episodes were good, then there was one really, really ****e episode and then the final ones were excellent. Lithgow really helped make it though. It's probably not as good as season 1 but it was still brilliant.

• Advertisement

The earlier episodes were good, then there was one really, really ****e episode and then the final ones were excellent. Lithgow really helped make it though. It's probably not as good as season 1 but it was still brilliant.

You're obviously a fanboy then.

Thanks for the replies :).
    I've just finished the fifth episode. It started off slow with way too much Rita and "suburban Dexter" but has gotten better since with some real surprises.
    It's been a long time since I've been eagerly looking forward to the next episode of Dexter with anticipation and kudos to season 4 for re-igniting that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,932 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Finally getting round to season 4 (just finished ep 4x10). Such a triumphant return to form. Didn't think I was ever going to feel the same way about the show as I did at the start but the 4th season has rekindled the flame.

Only criticism is Dexter himself has become far too likeable. In season 1, he was the menacing character behind the friendly facade.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

Advertisement