Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MOSNEY should it open up again ?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Peter138

pebbles21 wrote: »
    Had the privlige of visiting Mosney holiday center today (long story why)and it got me thinking would the public of today go back to taking their annual holidays here again or did this place just run its course?

From the second we drove into the main front area where you see the chalets and the big building where the pool and Dan Lowrys pub was, it kind of gave me a little butterfly tingle as i used to years ago when id go with my family when i was a kid

Everything was all there and brought back all the memories of all the holidays i had there in 70s and 80s ,so if the current residents were allocated alternative accommodation, and the place got a major renovation ,would you think it would be a viable and a entertaining holiday now in these post celtic tiger times?

Whats the story? How did you get in, can you just drive in???? Is all the buildings closed or locked like the arcades and the ballroom and Dan lowrys?

I wish it would open again. I was a redcoat in 1999 and was there every year before that since i was born for my summer holidays. Im hopefully uploading a few videos to youtube soon of some of the sights of Mosney, and also the redcoats shows, the young hoppers etc. Oh and the yellow spinning wheel in the amusement park was called "the space round up" and the slide in the swimmers was caled "the swamp", where you got a yellow rubber band outside to go on it.

Also if there is anyone at all on here who wisited the camp, or knows anyone who did, then perhaps you could help me:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055575913

Advertisement