Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby P

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,128 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Latchy wrote: »
    When this 'horrific crime' dies down another one will suffice just as bad or worse than Baby -p . Remember Ian Brady , Ian Huntley , the ripper , Fritzel tons of others ? .It's all being done before .I imagine the Prisoner will either hang himself or be beaten to death in prison because they are the only two real options he has going for him . Even hardened criminals can be horrified and somebody, sometimes, finds a roundabout way of getting ' justice '

Latchy, this guy wil be housed with other sick ****s, so how will he be any
    different. Honestly, how many cases have you read of where a nasty git got beaten to death in prison because of HIS crimes. They are all sick vermin where this guy is going! I tell you, he'll be a hero to some of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Elliemental

The law's about justice, not revenge. So i'd never want to see the Death penalty brought back (especially in Britain with it's abysmal record for miscarriages of justice).
    However, I can totally understand the public's anger at the penal system, (with many believing it's a bit soft).
    It's hard to know what to do.
    These people are clearly the lowest form of humanity, and it wouldn't bother me in the slightest if the guy was chemically castrated!

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭slippy wicket

Viking human sacrifice might suffice.
    Known as the Blood Eagle, A large vertical incision along the spine and slowly enlarge the wound pulling the skin away from the ribs. Break the ribs using a chisel or a sharp pliers and bend open in the shape of wing on either side.
    Place both hands in the holes you have made and remove the lungs and hang on the broken lungs to give the view of an angel. If it is done right they should gasp out their last breath with their lungs removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

walshb wrote: »
    Latchy, this guy wil be housed with other sick ****s, so how will he be any
    different. Honestly, how many cases have you read of where a nasty git got beaten to death in prison because of HIS crimes. They are all sick vermin where this guy is going! I tell you, he'll be a hero to some of them!
    Well off top of my head and it took long enough but the yorkshire ripper had one ,then the other eye stabbed and Ian Huntly has being attacked a few times but he wants to top himself anyway .

I think the only thing that stops more of these guys being beaten to a pulp is the segragation .But nothing is 100% secure all the time .As for the sick vermin he resides with ,I think we find it disturbing that these people and his prison mates are around but yes sadly they are .Being kept there for as long as possible is our only satisfaction .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Elliemental

The point we're all missing here, is that this child's death was so preventable.
    I mean, he was seen by X amount of Social Workers and x amount of Doctors (one of whom is said to have shown brain melting incompetance), and they all seem to have ignored the warning signs.
    The police wanted to take the kid into care, but were prevented from doing so.

And now, the woman in charge of this sorry lot is suing for unfair dismissal!

This is the real tragedy of Baby P's story.

• Advertisement

The point we're all missing here, is that this child's death was so preventable.
    I mean, he was seen by X amount of Social Workers and x amount of Doctors (one of whom is said to have shown brain melting incompetance), and they all seem to have ignored the warning signs.
    The wanted to take the kid into care, but were prevented from doing so.

And now, the woman in charge of this sorry lot is suing for unfair dismissal!

This is the real tragedy of Baby P's story.

I didn't miss this. Many many people let this child down.The whole system failed him and it's a disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Care to elaborate Terry?

WTF is this about?
    I've no idea what this baby p thing is about.
    Thread has no links. Just gossip.

Terry wrote: »
    WTF is this about?
    I've no idea what this baby p thing is about.
    Thread has no links. Just gossip.

I assume you are takin' the piss about not knowing, but I agree,
    a link to any thread should be applied unless it's not possible.

Baby P was the baby who was brutally tortured and killed by his
    mothers boyfriend in 2007.

I assume you are takin' the piss about not knowing, but I agree,
    a link to any thread should be applied unless it's not possible.

Baby P was the baby who was brutally tortured and killed by his
    mothers boyfriend in 2007.
    I honestly am not taking the piss.

I honestly am not taking the piss.

Okay, where has your head been the past few months. It was quite big news
    really, almost as much as the mega hyped ridiculous swine flu all over the news!

Anyway, OP, any chance of a link for Terry?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

sorry but this case and many more like it just make my blood boil, I have a two year old child and if anyone ever laid a finger on her I would want them to suffer more than just being locked up for 20 odd years
    Well yes, obviously you'd feel that way - you wouldn't even have to be a parent to feel that way. But the state having the power to execute people... a very dangerous thing indeed.

Okay, where has your head been the past few months. It was quite big news
    really, almost as much as the mega hyped ridiculous swine flu all over the news!

Anyway, OP, any chance of a link for Terry?
    I haven't watched tv or read a newspaper in months.
    I'm sorry if this offends you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭Locamon

Dudess wrote: »
    But the state having the power to execute people... a very dangerous thing indeed.

We are the state.

Imperfect as it is we have to dole out punishment.

If society can't protect it's most vulnerable and send out a message then we have a big problem.

Life without parole for such people or the death penalty imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

javaboy wrote: »
    I'd shove chainsaws tipped with acid under their fingernails and put piranha in their eyes and make them drink weedkiller and stick mice down their pants and put a cat down there after them and put their testicles in a vice and blah blah blah.... then I'd jizz myself cos I get off on sick torture fantasies.

Have you been reading my diary?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

What are you on ? ? ?

This morning? Coffee, and the adrenaline caused by contemplating how much longer I'll have a job. I'd say till next Feb or March, but sure who knows....Anyhoo....

The two that killed Bulger were 10 years old when they committed the crime. While it may have been a vile act, it has to be kept in mind their youth. Therefore wishing for long sentences/wrath of god on them strikes me as inappropriate, to say the least.
    Terry wrote:
    I'm sorry if this offends you. ?

"Baby P"
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/7727641.stm

The "boyfriend" described above was just done for raping her two year old daughter, alongside that.

I'm sorry if this offends you.

It doesn't offend me. Terry, maybe you've been on boards too much! Time for a change of scenery.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭omyatari

only after reading the news article...
    what is wrong with these people.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Right, this case involved an extremely sad case and a kid who was tortured and stuff.

OP; you're angry. Instead of inviting people to post their sado-masochistic fantasies why not try and do something constructive such as working towards better social care.

I'm baffled as to what you hope to achieve in this thread other than RAAAAAGGE.

Nodin wrote: »
    The two that killed Bulger were 10 years old when they committed the crime. While it may have been a vile act, it has to be kept in mind their youth. Therefore wishing for long sentences/wrath of god on them strikes me as inappropriate, to say the least.

Well I dont recall in any of the 3 posts i made suggesting that they ( thomson /venables ) should have wrath of god inflicted on them , they already have had that over the years , in fact i was pointing out that they have benifited from the whole bulger case far beter than the victims family ( who have not benefited at all ) So justice worked for the two boys in question .

When you say about them keeping in mind their 'youth ' remember thet it was not that long ago in Ireland that youth's were sent to Reformity Schools for the serious crimes of mitching from school ,stealing or just being unlucky enough to be an orphan . It's being well documented in recent years how many of those ' kids ' were systemically abused by their carers . But either way ,if a case like Bulger or baby P were to happen in Ireland ( god forbid ) then you will still see the Rage coming forth which is what I and several others see OP'S thread about . A chance to to Rage at the horror of the baby p case .

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Mrs JackDaniels

Right, this case involved an extremely sad case and a kid who was tortured and stuff.

OP; you're angry. Instead of inviting people to post their sado-masochistic fantasies why not try and do something constructive such as working towards better social care.

I'm baffled as to what you hope to achieve in this thread other than RAAAAAGGE.

I was full of rage when I started this thread, and everytime i think of it I'm still filled with rage and I don't feel I should have to apolgise for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

, in fact i was pointing out that they have benifited from the whole bulger case far beter than the victims family ( who have not benefited at all ) So justice worked for the two boys in question ..

Tried as adults, living under assumed names, subjected to more villification than any adult killer, including yer man huntley.......
    When you say about them keeping in mind their 'youth ' remember thet it was not that long ago in Ireland that youth's were sent to Reformity Schools for the serious crimes of mitching from school ,stealing or just being unlucky enough to be an orphan ...

....which was/is also wrong....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I've 4 nieces and a nephew.
    If anyone including their parents ever did anything like this to them I'd make sure their last hours/days on their earth was so painful they'd be begging for death.

Well, both Thompson and Venables have a life, which is a damn lot more than
    little Jamie Bulger!

Pity my arse. They are disturbed and wicked human beings and age alone
    doesn't excuse it or what they did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Just send them into rec yard and shout out to all the other inmates. Here we have the people who murdered baby P. Then I would turn off cctv and walk away for a few minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I was full of rage when I started this thread, and everytime i think of it I'm still filled with rage and I don't feel I should have to apolgise for it.
    Nothing to apologise for bud.

Nodin wrote: »
    Tried as adults, living under assumed names, subjected to more villification than any adult killer, including yer man huntley.......

Which proves the justice system is flawed and not perfect .

From my memory ,those boys were treated very well and accordingly by all concerned at the time ie, police , social workers etc and it was the gentle handling of the boys by professionals that made them own up and confess ,which was the only option anyway . They were never manhandled physically , or emotionaly abused while in pre -court -appearence - care .

But giving the high feelings surrounding the case ,the rent a lynch mob outside , giving the chance , would have done them some serious harm .

The law rightly protected them .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I don't think anyone's suggesting she should apologise for feeling rage. I feel rage too, but it's best to separate that rage from recommending how the justice system conduct itself.

I agree !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Why not do something posititve with this energy? Like helping prevent this happening to another kid.

It's wasted in raging posts on the internet.

EDIT: Dudess beat me to it and explained it better than me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Mrs JackDaniels

What you suggest could be done to prevent this from happening again? Unfortunately there are always going to be people out there that abuse and murder, the only thing can be changed is the system

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement