Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Games Room (The Museum of Gaming Goodness)

Options
12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Why do cables always manage to get tangled no matter how neatly you put them away? I swear, the minute I shut the drawer/close the lid, it's like those controllers go around in a manic frenzy to try get all tangled up just to annoy me.

P.S, nice set up o1s, loving the MD combo and yer drawer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

Drool......sweeeet set up.I'd love to have a root in your drawers,if you know what I mean :pac:.I spotted a Snes cart,Sunset Riders.Years ago me and my cousins used to play that game to death.I think I'll have a blast of it on mame as you've put me in the mood, cheers;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,013 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I find unknotting cables oddly relaxing and soothing :/ what I really hate is when some says I taking too long and grabs them off me and starts pulling on them and making it worse. Grr! There's only one way to do it you neanderthal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

I always wind cables up and then tie them off with a rubber band stretched over to keep them in place, so you get a circle/ring type band of cable, its a bit neater.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,639 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I am convinced cables are actually a species of snake that just haven't been discovered yet. There's no other way of explaining some of the tangling I've come across.

Spend ages untangling wires.

Go to bed.

Wake up and they're completely knotted.

Unless of course there's a troop of scouts that sneeks into my house when I'm asleep and practices for their many differerent types of knotting badge.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,554 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

CCCP^ wrote: »
    I always wind cables up and then tie them off with a rubber band stretched over to keep them in place, so you get a circle/ring type band of cable, its a bit neater.

And I suppose you also iron your socks and underpants, as well as colour code them when putting them away!
    FREAK!:eek:

Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    And I suppose you also iron your socks and underpants, as well as colour code them when putting them away!
    FREAK!:eek:

Hah! Indeed :D

Must have him and Retrogamer over to detangle/order all my wires. Between them they should be able to get it sorted in an afternoon :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,013 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd probably enjoy it. :/

You know i probably don't like videogames but play them because I know those wires are getting more and more tangled and creating a new and unique puzzle to solve.

Wireless controllers have ruined my fun.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,554 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I want to tidy the gameroom properly, and wireless controllers maybe just the ticket!

Is it still possible to get wireless controllers for the following consoles?

Nes,
    Snes,
    Megadrive,
    DC,
    N64,
    PS1,
    Xbox?

and some tougher ones,
    Atari 2600/7200/Jaguar?
    3DO?
    TG16?

it would clear up the room brilliantly!
    Can I get wireless lightguns for the above as well, those that are relevant anyway? Like the DC, Snes, Nes, Megadrive?

Hmmm....

You won't get wireless lightguns. For the older consoles you can get wireless controllers but there are problems with them. From the Gamecube Wavebird onwards they are fine but on the older consoles wireless controllers tend to be IR controllers so you need line of sight with the controller and the ir widget. If anyone walks in front of the console it's bad news.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Is it still possible to get wireless controllers for the following consoles?

Nes, Snes yes and yes - (3rd party, only recently released)

http://www.viewonline.com/pages/articles/messiahnescontroller.htm

Megadrive - There were 1st party wireless controllers released by SEGA. Pop up on ebay from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I have a DC Total Control PS2 adapter that works with PSX and PS2 controllers, so I'm guessing if you can get a wireless controller for the PS2, it should in theory work. I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable with that degree of distance though PS2 -> wireless host -> adapter -> console.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

I'd forgotten how massive the contoller was for Neo Geo...

Master of the Universe

It's great to use but almost takes up enough room for another console! For that reason alone I've put off buying a second one. Might buy one of the smaller kidney shaped ones instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Right, my collection is coming on slowly.
    Still annoyed about getting most of my stuff stolen and having to start again, but I'll have to put that behind me : (

Have a lot of stuff coming next week, N64, Mega Drive II, GB(original) and a lot of games : )

>Click for bigger<

F32408B360654353924710E8E312BA6A-500.jpg

88E0494E427E4485A4B0F7C08E9AC71D-500.jpg

C4C25B04E6E54661AE5CFD47F8A48B31-500.jpg

5884E2F2388B43D186A544A46A4C2095-500.jpg

CFCE7EF9E3084B8B94D2D9EEC5361883-500.jpg

6A783A3D7F2D4EC2B6C42FA0859224AC-500.jpg

6EC5A3BB67884EFA9DE6395EC2A49E1F-500.jpg

C89C5DDE240D463298C9CA2394BBFF1B-500.jpg

1B010E075C854619B745BC68A06F9D86-500.jpg

6A73B589A6B54EFDBDEBEBA9ED25FB54-500.jpg

Moar.....

220E9D8DC07C4907BABF1C802CEF79C3-500.jpg

C999949E3476493B8A3A0BB41A6588EA-500.jpg

EADAA333379848E3B3BD2D29201890E7-500.jpg

Wow, everyting is so clean!
    I want this room!

All it needs is a Jolt Cola fridge!

And as for the wireless controllers, it looks like they'll have to wait, I'm not going to be buying anything online for a while :(
    My wings are well and truely clipped!
    So, I don't know where that leaves me,
    I'll just have to keep an eye on adverts.ie instead!

Wow, everyting is so clean!
    I want this room!

Thats the good thing about OCD :D

Master of the Universe

Do you have two CRT televisions connected up in that room? I just saw the Space Invaders plug and play thing is on another tv set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Please tell me the pink PSP is your girlfriends/sisters :P

Very nice collection Tallon! Those shelving units are quite nice, give us a close up of your PS2 collection next time, want to see what you've got!

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    Do you have two CRT televisions connected up in that room? I just saw the Space Invaders plug and play thing is on another tv set.

It's all a bit messy in a crazy way

1 x CRT (PS2 in bedroom for DVD's wireles gaming when sick :))
    1 x CRT (Spare room (Light gun room))
    1 little tube beside PC / consoles (for when I feel the urge)
    1 42" Plasma (2nd PS2 for Buzz / partys etc, 2nd xbox with XBMC + Dance mats)

Its really crazy that I have multiple consoles in each room just so i dont have to hook them up each time !

(Shes asleep, so no pics of the bedroom)

CE843A274F594E17B2F8BC81B981E420-500.jpg

0B6EDCEFD903475196E1813ABA41686F-500.jpg

F32408B360654353924710E8E312BA6A-500.jpg

Please tell me the pink PSP is your girlfriends/sisters :P

lol, yes, its the GF's, have to Pandora it
    Very nice collection Tallon! Those shelving units are quite nice,

Shelves are Ikea I think and arent to expensive, all the shelves are fully ajustable
    give us a close up of your PS2 collection next time, want to see what you've got!

Large pic here (Very large)

....deep breath........

Seek and destroy
    metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
    Buzz! The sports quiz
    Buzz! The music quiz
    Buzz! The hollywood quiz
    Buzz! The pop quiz
    Buzz! The BIG quiz
    Need for Speed: Most wanted (Black edition)
    Need for Speed: Underground
    Need for Speed: Underground 2
    Need for Speed: Carbon
    Rampage: Total Destruction
    Killzone
    Harry potter & the chamber of secrets
    Finding Nemo
    Crash Bandicoot: The wrath of cortex
    Ratchet & Clank
    Ratchet & Clank 2
    Medal of Honor: rising sun
    James Bond 007: Nightfire
    The getaway
    Resident evil 4
    The getaway
    The getaway: black monday
    Socom 3: US navy seals
    Baldurs gate: dark alliance
    Guitar Hero III: Legends of rock
    Space Invaders: Anniversary
    Zoo Puzzle
    Bloodrayne 2
    Pirates of the caribean
    Superman returns
    LOTR: Return of the king
    Forgotten Realms - Demon Stone
    Singstar Abba
    Singstar party
    EyeToy: Play 2
    High school musical 3: senior year
    Dogs life
    Tiger woods PGA tour 2005
    Fifa 08
    Pro evo Soccer 6
    Puyo pop fever
    Crash team racing
    Music 3000
    ICO
    Rayman 3: Hoodlam Havoc
    Lego Star Wars
    Lego Star Wars II
    Final Fantasy XII
    Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the imperfects
    Championship manager 5
    Men in Black II: Alien Escape
    Alien Homind

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Very very nice and clean/tidy. How do you manage to keep eveything so orderly?? Actually might give everything a dust down now. I keep meaning to put up the pics of my stuff, must do that soon.

Very very nice and clean/tidy. How do you manage to keep eveything so orderly?? Actually might give everything a dust down now. I keep meaning to put up the pics of my stuff, must do that soon.
    As I said above, serious OCD...

My motto is "Never box it, always display it"

I try play everything too so that helps :)

But thats a good thing I suppose. And pink PSP's are well cool! :)

Master of the Universe

I had a lend of witnessmenow's magic memory stick for modding my psp. (Tried to make my own and ended up with a brick!)

So while I had it I got everyone I knew up with a phat psp to mod it for them. One of my mates really really wanted one as a portable emulator. So he flew off to Gamestop and the only phat one they had left was pink.

End result, he now has a pink modded psp. Better than an unmodded black slim one I guess!

Yeah I'd rather that too. I have a pink GBA and a pink GB micro, which looks really well with a silver faceplate

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

Great collection Tallan!.If there's only one reason to keep a Crt tv, it's in your last photo.House of the dead looks deadly playing it with two light guns.Note to self............invest in two light guns:D

Advertisement