Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want your shopping from the North delivered??

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

Rosielee wrote: »

I know my experience is probably not the same for everyone but I would recommend them to anyone..

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Going to give recesssiontours a go, some people mentioned they got calls from Asdas security dept, what did they ask? were they ok about the goods ending up in ROI, can't see why this would be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

I had a great experience with them too

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭JethroC

Can anyone who registered and shopped with Asda online tell me how they paid with an irish credit card? :confused: When you try to add a billing address the site looks for a uk postcode and I can't seem to get by this. If I can add my address as a billing address I'll give recessionbustours a go as the reviews here seem very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Rosielee

Jethro

I just put in the postcode of the delivery depot and had no problems with paying. best of luck !

• Advertisement

Thanks Rosielee...

I'll give that a go :)

Was expecting a delivery from recessionbustours this evening but it never arrived. On closer inspection I checked my asda.co.uk account and found that my order had been cancelled?! :mad:
    I can find no way of contacting them from the south (as the number on their site is a UK lo-call number) to find out what happened my order. My credit card (american express) details were correct and I had used the delivery address as the billing address like others seem to have done here. I'm lost as to why this has happened.
    Has anyone else had their orders cancelled by asda without any notification (phone or email)?

JethroC wrote: »
    I can find no way of contacting them from the south (as the number on their site is a UK lo-call number) to find out what happened my order.

If you put 0044 and drop the first 0 on the lo-call number then you will get through to ASDA!

What a bloody dreadful website. Who the hell would order from a company with such a bad website ?

branners69 wrote: »
    If you put 0044 and drop the first 0 on the lo-call number then you will get through to ASDA!

That was the first thing I done but it's not possible to call the number from the south or outside of the UK. I'm going to try and find an email address for them somewhere.

Does anyone have any contact details for them as it they don't seem to give too much information on their website?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

That was the first thing I done but it's not possible to call the number from the south or outside of the UK. I'm going to try and find an email address for them somewhere.

Does anyone have any contact details for them as it they don't seem to give too much information on their website?

For recessionbustours.ie or ASDA?

Just called Asda (on a landline) as the number wasn't working from my mobile and it seems they didn't cancel my order...so they think the store itself may have canceled my order. Strange...

The order was for over €450 and mainly consisted of groceries so I don't know where the problem could have been.

They're contacting the store and calling me back :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Munsterforever

Was expecting a delivery from recessionbustours this evening but it never arrived. On closer inspection I checked my asda.co.uk account and found that my order had been cancelled?! :mad:
    I can find no way of contacting them from the south (as the number on their site is a UK lo-call number) to find out what happened my order. My credit card (american express) details were correct and I had used the delivery address as the billing address like others seem to have done here. I'm lost as to why this has happened.
    Has anyone else had their orders cancelled by asda without any notification (phone or email)?

Its logical that you should have the Billing address as your address in the South, and the Delivery adress as the adress for the recessionbustours depot. Maybe that is your problem? :):confused:

Just called Asda (on a landline) as the number wasn't working from my mobile and it seems they didn't cancel my order...so they think the store itself may have canceled my order. Strange...

The order was for over €450 and mainly consisted of groceries so I don't know where the problem could have been.

They're contacting the store and calling me back :rolleyes:

I had my most recent order cancelled too! I contacted ASDA and they dont know why!

You dont happen to have an MBNA credit card do you?

I contacted MBNA and they said you can change your address online to the delivery address so as the billing and delivery address with match when ASDA process the payment.

There are a good few website who will only delivery to the billing address, so the above might sort your problem? I am going to try it next week.

Branners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭jister

Whats the story with recessionbustours now????

http://www.recessionbustours.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

It says on the website that they sold it...

So what other options do we have?

Do dealhunters still deliver food & drink?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

But would you save 20 euro by shopping for groceries up north?

Advertisement