Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want your shopping from the North delivered??

Options
  • 30-04-2009 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.recessionbustours.ie/

You do your online shopping in either Tesco, Asda or Sainsburys and they deliver to your door for you. Only thing is they don't deliever frozen food...

(It says they don't deliver drink either but when the guy delivered he verified my age and told me he'd enter me onto the database as being able to purchase alcohol from then on.)

There's a €20 delivery charge.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Good find. €20 seems a decent price for delivery but then again you are restricted to the one shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Tesco, Asda and Sainsburys... three shops...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

You've also got to pay the shop's delivery charge too - which is around £4 or £5
    I'd be surprised if these shops will let you register with your "home" address in Belfast and then use a credit card that registered to your real address in Ireland. Has anyone actually done it ?
    Also - if a lot of people start doing it they will realise it is a business adddress in Belfast and may well stop deliveries to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

Good idea, but they don't cover my area at present :(
    (and probably wont as I am too far south)

Fran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭ruprect

Ogham wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if these shops will let you register with your "home" address in Belfast and then use a credit card that registered to your real address in Ireland. Has anyone actually done it ?
    Others have in other threads
    Also - if a lot of people start doing it they will realise it is a business adddress in Belfast and may well stop deliveries to it.
    Why would they turn down a sale? In fact they would probably be very happy to have their delivery man only have to go to one address. If you had a shop up north would you refuse to deliver there, and why? The only reason I could see it refused would be shops which also have shops here, and they would lose a potential sale down here at higher profit.

I cannot see them doing €20 for any size of groceries for long though, you could get a truck full delivered.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

sounds a great deal for €20 - anyone used this service yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

ruprect wrote: »
    Why would they turn down a sale? In fact they would probably be very happy to have their delivery man only have to go to one address. If you had a shop up north would you refuse to deliver there, and why? The only reason I could see it refused would be shops which also have shops here, and they would lose a potential sale down here at higher profit.

I mentioned yesterday in another thread that I used these guys once then yesterday got a mail from Sainsbury's saying after an investigation on my account my account was suspended and all future orders cancelled. I only registered last week and made one order which had no alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭mel123

masterK wrote: »
    I mentioned yesterday in another thread that I used these guys once then yesterday got a mail from Sainsbury's saying after an investigation on my account my account was suspended and all future orders cancelled. I only registered last week and made one order which had no alcohol.

how did they find you? the threads dont have ur name?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

mel123 wrote: »
    how did they find you? the threads dont have ur name?

I think you misunderstood me, I said the same thing in a different thread yesterday.

I suspect they have some problem with so many different people having their orders being delivered to the one address.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I think you misunderstood me, I said the same thing in a different thread yesterday.

I suspect they have some problem with so many different people having their orders being delivered to the one address.

Especially as the delivery address used by them is a private house and not a business address. If you put the address in google you can see the streetview (how dangerous) and you can see where they take your delivery.

I am actualy going to give it a try anyhow after Tesco here just ripped me off again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭IIMII

The postcode I'd say is the problem. I think those postcodes only cover 10 addresses (houses/buildings etc).

Good idea though it seems to be a house address

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭ruprect

yesterday got a mail from Sainsbury's saying after an investigation on my account my account was suspended and all future orders cancelled.
    Wonder what the problem is, you would think they would welcome loads of customers, especially if they are dropping off all the stuff at the one place. Very strange, especially since sainsburys have no stores in the republic, they are just turning away good paying customers.

ruprect wrote: »
    Others have in other threads

Apart from the one person who has now had their Sainsburys account cancelled - who else? What threads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Apart from the one person who has now had their Sainsburys account cancelled - who else? What threads?

I've used them, but only for Asda...

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

I opened a sainsburys online account aswell 2 weeks ago to use with recessionbustours but got the below email from sainsburys today

Dear *****

I’m sorry to say that following an investigation of your account, we are unable to deliver any orders to you.

You can request a review of this decision by writing to us at:

Sainsbury's Online, Clandeboye Business Park, West Circular Road, Bangor, BT19 1AR.

We’re grateful for you taking the time to contact us and for your support of Sainsbury’s.

Kind regards

Leanne Sittlington
    Customer Manager
    Sainsbury's Online
    onlinegroceries@sainsburys.co.uk

33 Holborn
    London
    EC1N 2HT

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Amigaman

If Sainsbury Dont Want the Busniess then I say F$%K them I ordered through ASDA with Recessionbusters ( great Service I have to say ) and got a call from ASDA commercial Security in the UK I explained to them the situation having the groceries delievered to an address in Belfast and then delievered onwards to Dublin for €20 and she agreed that it was a good price and a good service and mentioned that she had come accross similar instanse whereby people were doing the same tpye of thing but forwarding on to Portugal!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bobbbb

Amigaman wrote: »
    If Sainsbury Dont Want the Busniess then I say F$%K them I ordered through ASDA with Recessionbusters ( great Service I have to say ) and got a call from ASDA commercial Security in the UK I explained to them the situation having the groceries delievered to an address in Belfast and then delievered onwards to Dublin for €20 and she agreed that it was a good price and a good service and mentioned that she had come accross similar instanse whereby people were doing the same tpye of thing but forwarding on to Portugal!!!

Yep, Asda it is.

Would have preferred Sainsburys but obviously they dont want the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,846 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

nothing for the rest of the country...pathetic!
    just dublin and surrounding areas
    dealhunter.ie do the same thing and they do dublin
    meath and others but nobody delivers to connaught
    or munster yet afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭bardcom

neonitrix wrote: »
    You can request a review of this decision by writing to us at:

Sainsbury's Online, Clandeboye Business Park, West Circular Road, Bangor, BT19 1AR.

So they can notify you by email, but you've got to snail mail them to open a review of the decision.

Pathetic. They don't deserve the business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 shilly-shally

Asda are aware of deliveries leaving there store for delivery to the south by companies like the ones mentioned here but are still looking into it with their legal team.
    Sainsburys are not the slightest bit interested. In fact any address that has more that one person registered to it is being flagged and will not have their groceries delivered full stop. Was told by one member of management “ if Irish consumers want to shop with Sainsburys they can get into their cars and drive up” so helpful don’t you think!
    The Tesco website is set up in such a way that you MUST enter your HOME address as per their terms and conditions. A republic address will direct you to the .ie version of the website. They request a business proposal set out in writing from companies like these requesting deliveries to a central address in the North. Cant see this being given the thumbs up as they have stores in the ROI.
    You should also take into consideration, groceries with perishable items delivered a house address are not being stored at the correct temperature, if even for a short time, and will reduce the life of the product particularly meat items.

The company that you have selected to deliver your groceries to you in the republic are acting on your behalf when receiving the delivery and the delivery should be checked accordingly. (Asda expect this of the company i.e. recessionbustours). Once they sign for it they are now responsible for it.
    As Asda are the only store allowing this service at present they are going to be extremely busy with the online shopping side of things and are only providing a delivery service themselves just over a year are concentraring on their own delivery network. They can only cope with a certain amount of deliveries at one time.

Alcohol and tobacco must be accompanied by the purchaser across the boarder and can not be couriered across. The purchaser will be liable for the duty should customs find out. So all in all its easier to take to time an go yourself, its cheaper as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

I just placed my order with dealhunter who surfaced here a while back.
    Checked each price with tesco onlines website and most things were 33% cheaped after converting, some even 50%.

getting it delivered tomorrow and will let you guys know how it gos.

ordered £200 sterling worth of goods, asda has alot of rollbacks and multibuys. ordered lots of cooking sauces, toiletries ect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

You should also take into consideration, groceries with perishable items delivered a house address are not being stored at the correct temperature, if even for a short time, and will reduce the life of the product particularly meat items.

I would never order any chilled items via a service like this for that very reason, I don't want to risk my health to save a few quid

Got delivery today from dealhunter. My first. What a service and an amazing saving, had about 8 green crates full of asda shopping, possibley 30 plastic bags. Driver carried it into the house for us while we took out the bags. a big thumbs up from us anyways.

Cheers

brightkane wrote: »
    I just placed my order with dealhunter who surfaced here a while back.
    Checked each price with tesco onlines website and most things were 33% cheaped after converting, some even 50%.

getting it delivered tomorrow and will let you guys know how it gos.

ordered £200 sterling worth of goods, asda has alot of rollbacks and multibuys. ordered lots of cooking sauces, toiletries ect

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

Got delivery today from dealhunter. My first. What a service and an amazing saving, had about 8 green crates full of asda shopping, possibley 30 plastic bags. Driver carried it into the house for us while we took out the bags. a big thumbs up from us anyways.

Cheers

Did you get any beer/wine delivered??

no mate, just groceries, cleaning and toiletries

no mate, just groceries, cleaning and toiletries

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LeahBaby

branners69 wrote: »
    Thanks

I'm getting beer delivered tomorrow with the company the OP posted about. Will post back and let you know how it goes!!

LeahBaby wrote: »
    I'm getting beer delivered tomorrow with the company the OP posted about. Will post back and let you know how it goes!!

Would appreciate that, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LeahBaby

Fingers crossed it goes ok. Spent upwards of 300pound. Communion and bbq season :)

• Advertisement

The company bringing that beer to you is probably breaking the law unless they charge you the extra duty due on the alcohol and paid that to Revenue . If you went and got it and transported it yourself there would be no problem - but if someone is delivering it to you there is a problem.

As per Citizens Information - "
    If you buy online or by mail order etc. From outside the EU (I.e Asda in NI)..

You can buy goods from outside the EU up to a value of €22 without incurring any VAT charges. Goods up to a value of €150 may be imported without payment of Customs Duty. To avoid these packages being stopped by Customs, the value should be clearly marked on the label. However, VAT and import duty is charged on importations of tobacco, tobacco products, alcoholic product and perfumes even if they cost less than €22."

But there's no customs checks on the border - so who's going to check?? ;)

Advertisement