Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want your shopping from the North delivered??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

Ogham wrote: »

As per Citizens Information - "
    If you buy online or by mail order etc. From outside the EU (I.e Asda in NI)..

NI (UK) is part of the EU :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

IH77 wrote: »
    NI (UK) is part of the EU :)

Yeah - I was quoting the wrong stuff there !
    What I was trying to say that alcohol and tobacco within the EU cannot be ordered from one country and delivered to another without paying the extra duty. If the person buying it for personal use accompanies the alcohol/tobacco it is OK.
    See BBC report on judgement from European Court of Justice.

But like I said - who is going to police it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

LeahBaby wrote: »
    Fingers crossed it goes ok. Spent upwards of 300pound. Communion and bbq season :)

How did you get on?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Buyer beware. Tesco are notorious for delivering out of date or banged up goods. They know theres a lesser chance of customers bringing back goods who recieve deliveries than customers who would shop themselves and especially being so far away they know youre not likely to bother returning goods.

Buyer beware. Tesco are notorious for delivering out of date or banged up goods. They know theres a lesser chance of customers bringing back goods who recieve deliveries than customers who would shop themselves and especially being so far away they know youre not likely to bother returning goods.

That happens to me anyway when I order from the Irish site, I even live 10 minutes walk from the Clare Hall Tesco's and I have never returned anything!

At least this way I'll be paying less for it, so it wont hurt as much when I am throwing it out!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

branners69 wrote: »
    That happens to me anyway when I order from the Irish site, I even live 10 minutes walk from the Clare Hall Tesco's and I have never returned anything!

At least this way I'll be paying less for it, so it wont hurt as much when I am throwing it out!!!

Clare Hall is the worst for home shopping, they always deliver out of date food and despite several complaints to the food standards authority they are still in business and continue doing it.

I tried an ASDA order via ressionsbusters for tommorrow (let's see if ASDA delivers or cancels the order like others reported). If it goes to plan I will safe about 80€ on my shop. I like to buy brand items and for some the price in ASDA is about 60% of what Tesco charges me down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Amigaman

you'll have no problems with recessionbustours / ASDA,already ordered through them and ASDA dont care that the ultimate destination of the goods is in the republic , their security centre called me after I had placed my last order for over £200 worth of groceries...as a side note I have a couple of Acer aspires comming down soon got them from PCworld saved about 160 euro happy days :-)

Hey Amigaman,

did you order any beer/wine? Any hassles?

Branners

• Registered Users Posts: 28 darapixie

I am very interested in finding out more... not so much on the drink side but from people who have bought their normal weeks shopping on it.

Dealhunter 'v' Recessionbustours

I totally think it is worth the price of the delivery...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

Check the sterling rates & new prices in local stores before buyng up north these days.

Current customer rate for sterling to euro is 1.17 with most banks / credit cards. (.85 stg per euro working the reverse way)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LeahBaby

branners69 wrote: »
    How did you get on?

My credit card wouldn't go through!!lol!!

But i was talking to the owner of the company and he said he can deliver drink no problem. He's very nice to deal with. Give him a buzz with any queries.

LeahBaby wrote: »
    My credit card wouldn't go through!!lol!!

But i was talking to the owner of the company and he said he can deliver drink no problem. He's very nice to deal with. Give him a buzz with any queries.

I sent an email to Dealhunter and they got back to me really quick. I need to email him with what I would be looking to get in order to get a quote for delivery to either Kildare or Dublin.

I found him really nice and will speak to the better half about it tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

So I just got my first ASDA order delivered via ressionbustour.

And what for a difference to what tesco calls home shopping down here it is.

Not a single item out of date, in fact the long term goods are long term goods.

Sustituted items that were more expensive were discounted so that the price matched to what I ordered. Tesco does not care.

Each cradle was packed with about 2 plastic bags so that you can easy take it out and the driver takes the cradle back. No charge for the bags either.

Now I did not order a lot of chilled items mostly long term goods and household articles. And there you can really make savings, I just saved about 60€.

Now I notice that ressionbustours just changed their delivery address and upped the price to 25€, would have been nice if they would have send an e-mail about the address change. Looks like a business address now rather than the previous private one.

Yeah they have up'ed the price to €25.00 but it says that its €20.00 for regular customers. Still saves on time and nrg though by going up the north.

Kudos for the feedback, I am off now to register on Asda with their details ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭jister

Are people still using this service?

Are they having any problems?

Are they delivering drink?

What about the service to Galway / Mayo, any comments on this?

I used recessionbustours.ie a couple of weeks ago and was very happy with the service. I still cant believe how much I got for the price from ASDA, including beer!

Will be using the service again in a couple weeks! I am based in Dublin so have no idea about the Mayo service.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Such a pity that the sterling value is slipping a bit now.

When you order from ASDA do you find that most of the shopping you order is delivered? With Tesco.ie getting what you order can be hit or miss.
    Also can you order food that requires refridgeration?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Rosielee

Hi has anyone ordered through recessionbustours lately ? Ive tried to call the mobile number on their website all day to find out delivery dates for kildare, and its either turned off or not operational anymore.

Was planning on putting an Asda order in for a family barbeque :)

Was going to put an order in soon myself so if you hear from them please post back!

Hi Branners,

I got through to the guy on the phone and then placed my order for Asda Thursday night....Emailed the company my confirmation order, but still waiting for them to let me know if all is ok..

I'll post back as soon as I know ..but am sure all will be ok

• Advertisement

Hi Rosielee,

thanks for the update! Hopefully your order works out!

I will be placing my order in a day or so.

Braners

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Placed my 2nd order with Dealhunter last week,

Asda order, went as smooth as the 1st. They are now delivering booze also.

The good news is, the 2 litres of smirnoff we ordered werent charged by asda, happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Hi lads,
    Anyone used recessionbustours.ie to deliver furniture from the North?

http://www.recessionbustours.ie/

You do your online shopping in either Tesco, Asda or Sainsburys and they deliver to your door for you. Only thing is they don't deliever frozen food...

(It says they don't deliver drink either but when the guy delivered he verified my age and told me he'd enter me onto the database as being able to purchase alcohol from then on.)

There's a €20 delivery charge.

Hi all,
    A word of warning about http://www.recessionbustours.ie/, they are a complete shower of idiots and I hope you do not have the mis fortunate I did in getting mixed up with them.

I ordered a piece of furniture in Argos in the North and wanted them to deliver it to me in Dublin. Firstly, I contacted them through the contact form on their website and asked how much it would be to get said item of furniture delivered to Dublin and I was told no more then €40. I sent them the exact link from the Argos website so they had dimensions, weight etc. Delivery day came and I was then told I had to pay €60 by another person, apparently the guy that runs the show even though I had the e-mail that said €40.
    Apparently there are a number of people involved and differnt prices are given out....first warning sign!!

He arrived on his own with a van and my piece of living room furnitire in it, I had though he would at least have had one helper as the unit was big and in tow pieces )second warning sign). With no one else in sight I had to help him bring it into my place only to discover the top part of the unit was badly damaged?? Anyhow, Argos got the blame and he agreed to take the unit back up to the North with him.

Next day I called Argos and in fairness to them they agreed to send out a replacement no questions asked. So the delivery date for the replacement is set to the following week and they will pick up the damaged top half of the unit and replace with a new one. I called yer fella and told him the deal, he re-assured me that he would be back down to deliver the replacement unit the next day after it was delivered and that he would call me beforehand.

I waited, and waited and once again waited..... and with no word from him (not even that call he promised), I decided to call. Turns out Argos came, something magical happened and once again the unit was damaged.....He was unable to tell me who signed for the unit?? There is no way in hell that Argos would come to replace a unit with a damaged one and no way they would leave the new unit without it being signed for so all I can assume is one of his incompetent staff damaged it again if in fact that is the real story??

The moral of it all is that I would never ever use these shower again and would be worried for anyone else that would, especially when it comes to furniture. I have no idea what they are like with delivering anything else but I can sure as hell tell you I won't be finding out!!

Sorry to rave but you know it does good to get these things off one's chest!!

Cheers,
    M

Anyone else having problems at the checkout with ASDA? When I try to checkout I get an error message saying something along the lines "Oops ASDA cant do that!"

Branners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 davidob

mark moran you upset because you dont like paying a reaonable fair price you perfer to tell me you will give great comments if i do freebie or slate me if i charge u cant even answer phone to speak you are very sad . as far as am aware out of approx 2000 deliveries it is the first negative comment
    mark we offer good value but dont condone your sad carry on

If you say so David O'Brien.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

davidob wrote: »
    mark moran you upset because you dont like paying a reaonable fair price you perfer to tell me you will give great comments if i do freebie or slate me if i charge u cant even answer phone to speak you are very sad . as far as am aware out of approx 2000 deliveries it is the first negative comment
    mark we offer good value but dont condone your sad carry on

Surely if you checked the item when it was delivered from Argos then you wouldnt have been delivering a defective item to your customer?

I need not say anymore......and remember the item was damaged not once but twice!! I saw the damage the first time with my own eyes, I was told by David it was damaged the second time.

• Advertisement

Just my own comment on recessionbustours...

I ordered from them about 3 weeks ago and I have to say that I found their service excellent. I was initially quite nervous as its a bit of a risk paying for things at a checkout and putting faith in another company to bring your goods down to you as you ordered them. I ordered quite a bit of stuff from Asda for delivery to Newbridge on a Thursday. My goods arrived that evening within an hour of the delivery time that I requested and the delivery guy text me beforehand to say that he was on his way..I also kept in touch with him during the day to find out at what stage the delivery was at...anyway..i got my delivery which was packed neatly in crates- no bottles smashed etc..I had ordered a box of coors light..lovely ! ;) when the delivery man arrived at the door he apologised and said that my booze was on the crate of the previous customer in the van and mistakenly had ended up with them..but there was no hassle as he reduced my delivery cost as an apology and drove straight back to the previous customer and brought my booze back within about an hour..so no problems there...he even carried the crates into the kitchen and helped unpack the stuff ..mostly precious booze ! :D and we both checked the docket to make sure everything was there

Im just waiting to build another order up and I will definitely be ordering with them again..I for one think its a good service and it saves me the bother of driving up to Asda at weekends after working all week I'm happy to pay the delivery charge...

I know my experience is probably not the same for everyone but I would recommend them to anyone..

Advertisement