Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGRH Recessionary Beers - Friday 22nd May - Karma Bar - Updated with note for Newbies

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The taxman's taken all my dough, so I'm afraid I won't be there.
    Cathooo wrote: »
    Had a great night thanks, great to meet all the newbies and finally put faces to names! Always a pleasure to see the usual suspects too :)

Janeybabe, excellent brownies, best I've ever tasted, legendary brownie maker :D

Venue did turn out to be great, well done to Degsy for suggesting it in the first place.
    \o/ Thanks Cath! I cried in the corner when you left.
    Ron DMC wrote: »
    Hooray. Meeting you was epic fun too!!
    ;)

Looking forward to our camping trip!
    Zaph wrote: »
    A far more epic night than I had expected given the initially dodgy surroundings. However it turned out to be a great venue and as ever it was great to see some new faces among the old familiars. Special mention goes to janeybabe who somehow managed to save some of her epic brownies for me to enjoy this afternoon. :)

Ha, they're for me silly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,025 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Guys sounds like you had a great night, sorry I couldnt make it. I cant wait to gt a chance to wear the BGRH/Carnation t-shirt I had made up specially for the event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Nice to see familiar faces last night but even better to meet people I haven't met before

Hello again to Steve, Juke, Trowelled, Oldgoat and Denman and hello to everyone else I didn't manage to get to talk too, next time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭trout

Gaspode wrote: »
    Guys sounds like you had a great night, sorry I couldnt make it. I cant wait to gt a chance to wear the BGRH/Carnation t-shirt I had made up specially for the event.

You know you'll be held to that statement ... hostage to fortune if ever I saw one ;)

Pics or GTFO

• Registered Users Posts: 7,976 ✭✭✭DenMan

Thank you Tom. I'm delighted I went along. Took me a while to get into the swing of things. My first beers accomplished. Roll on plenty more. Thanks to all. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,025 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

trout wrote: »
    You know you'll be held to that statement ... hostage to fortune if ever I saw one ;)

Pics or GTFO

Fair enough, but I never said it was a good t-shirt!!

Barbie doll promotional label Carnation (now with added vitamins B,G,R, and H.)
    picture.php?albumid=56&pictureid=3088

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Maybe, if I can rob a bank or two in the meantime.
    awe what a night indeed. Den man and old goat twas awesome to meet you two :D and all my old regular friends, Tom, Lucy,pc,Cath, recliner, thaed, Trowelled, zaph, Steve, and anyone else I forgot. Ooops. Oh, and a major major thanx to josie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Great evening! :D

Good to see everyone.

I did not have a handover yesterday - just carried on drinking. :D

But, today has been bad. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Only got there after 12 so missed a lot of people and didn't really get chance to talk to many, was a good night what little I got to be there for though :)

And I ended up with the milk again somehow, I'll bring them along to the next one so they can be added to the stockpile

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

It was lovely to see you again orestes. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Janeyooo wrote: »
    It was lovely to see you again orestes. :)

And lovely to see you too again as always Janey :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It was such a fun evening, everyone was as delightful as ever and it was nice to finally meet Denman, P.C and Old Goat.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Thaedydal wrote: »
    It was such a fun evening, everyone was as delightful as ever and it was nice to finally meet Denman, P.C and Old Goat.
    But, but. . . no buttons :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,230 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Wait...that was a whole load of Boardsies at the reserved tables? My God, I was there that night...if I'd known I'd have said hello....if I even knew nobody there!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Mushy wrote: »
    Wait...that was a whole load of Boardsies at the reserved tables? My God, I was there that night...if I'd known I'd have said hello....if I even knew nobody there!

Hint: next time look for the tins of condensed milk. It's a giveaway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,976 ✭✭✭DenMan

I'll be bringing mine next time. :)

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Hint: next time look for the tins of condensed milk. It's a giveaway. :)

I'll know now haha!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,285 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Mushy wrote: »

Ah crap Mushy, it would have been good to have another Leeds fan in the group.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Yes, it's not often you would have all the Irish Leeds fans in the one room.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

crap i missed this so when is the next on have already bought my tin of condensed milk :D

• Advertisement

I couldnt stay long...was gone by half 10, not even drinking:o
    Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Yes, it's not often you would have all the Irish Leeds fans in the one room.

Booooooooo!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Sounds like you had a good night lads, Sorry i mised it but I was a bit drunk in Edinburgh...:D

Advertisement