Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGRH Recessionary Beers - Friday 22nd May - Karma Bar - Updated with note for Newbies

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I heard there's brownie covered pork knuckles in the bar. Why don't you two go found out?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Pardon?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The taxman's taken all my dough, so I'm afraid I won't be there.
    feylya wrote: »
    I heard there's brownie covered pork knuckles in the bar. Why don't you two go found out?

*trudges to kitchen to make brownie covered pork knuckles*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Fluff?? Brownies??

*flashback*

Oh God.:eek:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I should have never introduced monkeyfudge to fluff.

• Advertisement

Steve wrote: »
    Fluff?? Brownies??

*flashback*

Oh God.:eek:

You think that's bad?

I woke up this morning and said 'Steve said he loved me last night!'

:p

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

ow

4am indian was a bad idea... but it sobered me up...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

splinter wrote: »
    ow

4am indian was a bad idea... but it sobered me up...

Damn.

I forgot to get a picture of Wibbs Jnr. and Wibbs Snr. last night.

It was uncanny.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

janeybabe wrote: »
    You think that's bad?

I woke up this morning and said 'Steve said he loved me last night!'

:p
    Yes, we went through the whole love-marriage-hate-divorce thing in the space of a few minutes didn't we...:P

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Damn.

I forgot to get a picture of Wibbs Jnr. and Wibbs Snr. last night.

It was uncanny.

Blame Wibbs senior for that. The second he arrived I told him to sort out the photo op.

• Advertisement

Steve wrote: »
    Yes, we went through the whole love-marriage-hate-divorce thing in the space of a few minutes didn't we...:P

Best few minutes of my life. ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Blame Wibbs senior for that. The second he arrived I told him to sort out the photo op.
    I never do what I'm told. Any brownies left? The list of ingredients may interest the Garda.:D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    I never do what I'm told. Any brownies left? The list of ingredients may interest the Garda.:D

How many times did I offer you brownies? It's too late now. *sob*

I was extremely bouncy last night.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Like a rubber ball factory in an earthquake. I was burning calories looking at ya.:D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Serious bit:

Now that my head is a bit clearer, I just wanted to say it was great to see the usual suspects there, but it was equally as good to meet a good few newbies. Special mention for Old Goat for introducing BGRH to the smaller can of condensed CREAM milk. Extra marks for that, though I am not so sure Des will like it. And a shout out to DenMan who was somewhat apprehensive in the beginning, cautiously eyeing us up before he moved in.

As for the venue, it turned out to be a lot better than I expected, the area we had was ideal. Plus, more importantly, it's not often you get change out of a tenner for two pints in Dublin. I would certainly go back there for the next beers.

Recessionary Beers: Mission Accomplished.

+1. I'd defo go back there. Cheap drink and a good layout. I was surprised it wasn't more crowded actually.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Like a rubber ball factory in an earthquake. I was burning calories looking at ya.:D

So you're close to wasting away now Daddy Wibbs?
    Serious bit:

Now that my head is a bit clearer, I just wanted to say it was great to see the usual suspects there, but it was equally as good to meet a good few newbies. Special mention for Old Goat for introducing BGRH to the smaller can of condensed CREAM milk. Extra marks for that, though I am not so sure Des will like it. And a shout out to DenMan who was somewhat apprehensive in the beginning, cautiously eyeing us up before he moved in.

As for the venue, it turned out to be a lot better than I expected, the area we had was ideal. Plus, more importantly, it's not often you get change out of a tenner for two pints in Dublin. I would certainly go back there for the next beers.

Recessionary Beers: Mission Accomplished.

I too thought the venue was ideal.

Initially when we arrived I did say to Zaph 'This place does look really gay' but it was perfect for keeping Tom Dunne in view at all times the distribution of brownies.

Really nice to meet DenMan, Old Goat, SheRa, Lilym, Ronny, Splinter, Feylya, Juke, Wibbs's lady friend, all the drama people, and anyone else I have forgotten!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Lucy Lu

Like Tom said, it was great to meet new people and to see old faces again :)

Lucy Lu wrote: »
    Like Tom said, it was great to meet new people and to see old faces again :)

I'm glad you came. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭trout

Sounds like a great night was had by all ... well done :)

Recession my fat white hairy ass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Had a great night thanks, great to meet all the newbies and finally put faces to names! Always a pleasure to see the usual suspects too :)

Janeybabe, excellent brownies, best I've ever tasted, legendary brownie maker :D

Venue did turn out to be great, well done to Degsy for suggesting it in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

One wonders if there is a magical hangover cure in Fluff?...

No, apparently there isn't, I have a hangover.

Handshakes and hugs where appripiate. Twas a very enjoyable and entertaining night. Am currently persuading MrsGoat that she wants to visit Berlin...for the culture and stuff. :rolleyes:

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

Am now very p*ssed off I didnt get to meet you all....you all seem like legends!!Roll on the next beers where I plan to take a week off so as not to miss it!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Meeting Ronny was the best thing that happened to me ever. Just saying.
    Hooray. Meeting you was epic fun too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The music actually picked up a good bit towards the end of the night into songs I could actually recognise too.

Don't think 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' was actually playing though.. I think we just sang that ourselves... almost broke another cast member from the play with a particularly over the top power slide too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

MF, I owe you an indian.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Well, I have very mixed feeling about last nights beers.
    Despite my reservations (and mild panic), everyone was friendly and welcoming. I'd a great night.

But am I supposed to feel this bad the day after :eek: ?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

The music actually picked up a good bit towards the end of the night into songs I could actually recognise too.

Don't think 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' was actually playing though.. I think we just sang that ourselves... almost broke another cast member from the play with a particularly over the top power slide too.
    now i remember why i woke up singing that song... cheers Monkeyfudge :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Ron DMC wrote: »
    MF, I owe you an indian.

Just have him sent to my quarters with a jar of KY jelly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,285 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

A far more epic night than I had expected given the initially dodgy surroundings. However it turned out to be a great venue and as ever it was great to see some new faces among the old familiars. Special mention goes to janeybabe who somehow managed to save some of her epic brownies for me to enjoy this afternoon. :)

Advertisement