Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did you know....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    Helms was the stunt double for David Arquette in the WCW film "Ready To Rumble."

and chris "who better than" kanyon was oliver platts stunt double in that same movie; only realised that last week looking through DDPs webpage

Jorge "Giant" Gonzales was 54th pick in the 1988 NBA draft for the atlanta hawks, at 403lb he was too heavy and slow to adjust to the pace of the american game so hawks owner ted turner cut his losses and turned him into a wrestler

edge wrestled under the name damon striker in wcw, he was a jobber

MVP spent 9½ years in prison for kidnapping and robbery

the site of Wrestlemania 9 no longer exists, a 450ft hotel tower now sits in its place

wwe ecw gets better ratings than heymans ecw ever managed on TNN tv, 1.3 was their highest ever rating, by contrast the debut of ecw on sci-fi got a rating of 2.76

andre and hogan WM3 rematch at SNME in february 1988 was watched by 33 million on nbc, the highest-rated television show in professional wrestling history

when hulk hogan got crushed by earthquake in 1990 and spent 5 months off "healing"; he was really spending time filming suburban commando

matt and jeff hardy were the door openers at king of the ring 1996

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

DM-ICE wrote: »
    And Randy Orton wanted it as his music, wwe bought it but didn't think it suited ortons charachter.

Yep, he had it for about a week for a Smackdown taping (around the time he turned heel again and turned on Stacy Kiebler), but then they returned back to Burn In My Light.

Another tidbit here, Tony "two chin" Chimel can also be seen at Wrestlemania XII, he's the poor bastid that Shawn superkicks during the iron man match when Bret ducks out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Yep, he had it for about a week for a Smackdown taping (around the time he turned heel again and turned on Stacy Kiebler), but then they returned back to Burn In My Light.

Another tidbit here, Tony "two chin" Chimel can also be seen at Wrestlemania XII, he's the poor bastid that Shawn superkicks during the iron man match when Bret ducks out of the way.

Was that a planned spot? I'm assuming it was but poor Chimel was buried by that kick god love him:D

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Seamus LFC

Jeff Hardy wrestled on tv for the WWE when he was as young as sixteen against opponents such as Razor Ramon, The 1-2-3 Kid, and Owen Hart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtWVBYm9hY4

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭PRICELESS

You're spot on. My bad.

I don't have youtube access at the moment, but i still stand by 'Kane The Undertaker' not being accurate. I'll be shocked if it is.

I believe he means of the entire event. Not just the main event.

Hey KKV, I know you're a big fan of Taker and so would want to know conclusively whether he was called Kane or not.

Since you don't have youtube right now i've uploaded a screencap to Flickr, hope it comes up.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37817506@N03/3481003176/

The vid itself has Mean Gene presenting WWF Update, he talks about the mystery partner at Survivor Series and says "A man named Kane" then the graphic comes up Kane "The Undertaker", footage of SS 90 is shown then Mean Gene introduces a promo by Taker and Brother Love saying "Kane is going to be managed by none other than Brother Love"

Brother Love says "Surprise surprise brothers and sisters of the WWF. Take a good look, seven feet straight up in KANE, KANE THE UNDERTAKER!" Taker says a few words and that's it.

• Advertisement

He was originally called Kane, The Undertaker for his first two weeks after his "Survivor Series debut", and then they dropped the Kane name afterwards.

There's a reason that's in brackets.
    Challenge was a taped show and it was recorded before Survivor Series 90. By the time Survivor Series came along they decided to drop the Kane part of his name, but the tapings were already done, so that's why it creates confusion.

He was originally called Kane, The Undertaker for his first two weeks after his "Survivor Series debut", and then they dropped the Kane name afterwards.

There's a reason that's in brackets.
    Challenge was a taped show and it was recorded before Survivor Series 90. By the time Survivor Series came along they decided to drop the Kane part of his name, but the tapings were already done, so that's why it creates confusion.

That's why you're the man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Shaneomac

Kane debuted in wwe at the survivor series as the black knight in Jerry Lawlers team alongside Shawn Michaels.
    Anyone know who the other two were?

Shaneomac wrote: »
    Kane debuted in wwe at the survivor series as the black knight in Jerry Lawlers team alongside Shawn Michaels.

That's disputed actually, I don't believe that was confirmed, several sources claim it was Jeff Gaylord, the "Missouri Tiger" of UWF and WCCW fame.

Greg Valentine was Blue and Barry Horrowitz was red, I think. Not so sure about Horrowitz personally, but Valentine is obvious.

That's another rumour, the Black Knight was Jeff Gaylord, the other 2 were Barry Horowitz & Greg Valentine.

"Another funny thing about this match is that only 3 of the 8 participants were WWF superstars at the time! Keith and Bruce Hart had a 1 time deal, and the 3 Knights (Greg Valentine, Barry Horowitz and Jeff Gaylord) only did this one time with the gimmicks to my knowledge." From imdb.com

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0264063/usercomments

• Advertisement

Wasn't Lawler stitched up with alleged rape charges that kept him out of that event?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Shaneomac

Wasn't Lawler stitched up with alleged rape charges that kept him out of that event?

Apparently so. Honky Tonk brings it up whenever he gets the chance.

Apparently so. Honky Tonk brings it up whenever he gets the chance.

Man, that guy (Honky) is so bitter that lemons can be eaten in seconds by comparison!
    Have his shoot interview from 2000 and dear lord, he doesn't shut the f*ck up whining for the entire duration. Fun watch just for the insanity he comes out with.

Another interesting tidbit. Ricky Steamboat, Roddy Piper and Hugo Savovich all have one major thing in common.

They were both on the very first "Grandaddy of 'em all" Starrcade, and all featured at the last (and current) Wrestlemania.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

think it was by like a 14 or 15yr old

actually...
    from wiki wrote:
    In 1993, Lawler was indicted for raping and sodomizing a 15 year old girl, who later admitted she had lied about the incident

Well Priceless, sorry I doubted you, man.

I'll take it that Kane 'The Undertaker' is true. Very, very weird, though, that they'd call Jacob's 'Kane' in 1997.

Well Priceless, sorry I doubted you, man.

I'll take it that Kane 'The Undertaker' is true. Very, very weird, though, that they'd call Jacob's 'Kane' in 1997.

Seven years later, different writing team, different commentators and in a lot of cases, a completely different set of fans. Vince just felt that nobody would remember the two weeks in 1990 and bit the bullet.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭TheIrishLegend

Fozzy wrote: »
    Orton did use Punk's music on Smackdown one week
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TM17ntPsMY

Its got some german commentery...i think but here is Orton's Entrance to CM Punks theme tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

ahhh i dont think that suits Orton at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

mvp's first appearance on wwe tv was playing a police officer charged with protecting kurt angles gold medals on the way down to the ring

vaders eye once popped out of its socket during a match with stan hansen in japan, vader being the guy he is just pushed it back in and continued on with the match (its on youtube or dailymotion for those who haven't seen it)

glen "kane" jacobs appeared in wcw under the name "bruno mastino", he also worked for a short while in a worked shoot promotion in japan

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Something that a lot of people don't seem to know is that Ken Shamrock was a pro wrestler before he was a mixed martial artist. He worked the indy circuit in the US in the early '90s, then went to Japan. It was there that he began to learn MMA

The chain that Steve Austin always wears around his neck was given to him by Brian Pillman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

he was in the wwf as well? i would have known him far more for his stint in wwf

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

he was in the wwf as well? i would have known him far more for his stint in wwf

He was in the WWF about 7/8 years after he first started wrestling

Seven years later, different writing team, different commentators and in a lot of cases, a completely different set of fans. Vince just felt that nobody would remember the two weeks in 1990 and bit the bullet.

I'm just surprised that Vince even remembered it, and why, if all names, Kane was given to Undertaker and removed from him, and later given to his characters brother. They hardly knew they were gonna introduce Jacobs as his brother almost a decade later.

Just seems really odd to me that 'Kane' stuck around so long and ws picked up again in '97.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Ted DiBiase used the Sharpshooter on TV. It looks pretty piss poor so I dunno if he used it any more after that, but still. the video is below

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/wwf+superstars/video/x941o7_103187-superstars-part-5_sport

Ted DiBiase used the Sharpshooter on TV. It looks pretty piss poor so I dunno if he used it any more after that, but still. the video is below

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/wwf+superstars/video/x941o7_103187-superstars-part-5_sport

I only saw this about six monts ago as i have all of that year of Superstars 87. He only used it in his first couple of weeks back with the company before substituting it for the Million Dollar Dream sleeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Vladimir Kozlov was in the second series of the Wire as one of the Greeks thugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Sid Vicious sh!t himself during his match with The Undertaker at Wrestlemania 13

Shawn Micheal refused to job to Stone Cold at Wrestlemania 14. The story goes that Shawn Micheal burst into Vince McMahon's office while he was in a meeting with Undertaker and starting complaining to Vince about his match. As HBK continued, Undertaker started to clench his knuckles in an intimidating way to which HBK realised Taker was in the room. Undertaker was p!ssed for two reasons. (1) HBK burst into the office and cut off Undertaker while he was talking to Vince and (2) Undertaker didn't like HBK compaining because he had a history of refusing to job to people. Anyway Undertaker warned HBK that if he didn't do the job to Austin, he'd have to deal with him. HBK left it at that. This is my favourite part:D Before HBK's match with Austin, Undertaker went to the gorilla position where HBK was waiting to go out. Undertaker pulled out a roll of tape and started taping up his fists and warned HBK again that one way or another HBK was getting beat tonight. Anyway the story pretty much tells itself from there.

Apparently, Verne Gange(Former owner of AWA) paid Iron Shiek to break Hulk Hogan's legs as Hogan was leaving for WWF at the time and Verne was annoyed.

Sid Vicious stabbed Arn Anderson with a scissors during a huge brawl between the too. Arn and Sid got into an argument earlier that night where Arn went back to his apartment. Sid then went to Arn's apartment and attacked him, stabbing him with the scissors. Even after being stabbed Arn continued fighting with Sid and the fight broke out in the hallway. After the fight was over, the hallway had been covered by blood

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Sid Vicious sh!t himself during his match with The Undertaker at Wrestlemania 13

I'm not too sure if there's any actual truth to that one. Basically if it was on deathvalleydriver, the chances are it's a bunch of bullsh*t.
    Shawn Micheal refused to job to Stone Cold at Wrestlemania 14. The story goes that Shawn Micheal burst into Vince McMahon's office while he was in a meeting with Undertaker and starting complaining to Vince about his match. As HBK continued, Undertaker started to clench his knuckles in an intimidating way to which HBK realised Taker was in the room. Undertaker was p!ssed for two reasons. (1) HBK burst into the office and cut off Undertaker while he was talking to Vince and (2) Undertaker didn't like HBK compaining because he had a history of refusing to job to people. Anyway Undertaker warned HBK that if he didn't do the job to Austin, he'd have to deal with him. HBK left it at that. This is my favourite part:D Before HBK's match with Austin, Undertaker went to the gorilla position where HBK was waiting to go out. Undertaker pulled out a roll of tape and started taping up his fists and warned HBK again that one way or another HBK was getting beat tonight. Anyway the story pretty much tells itself from there.

Michaels has denied that ever happened, however others swore blind that it did.
    Apparently, Verne Gange(Former owner of AWA) paid Iron Shiek to break Hulk Hogan's legs as Hogan was leaving for WWF at the time and Verne was annoyed.

That was also chalked down to rumours, which makes sense because Sheik was already in WWE feuding with Bob Backlund BEFORE Hogan had joined.
    Sid Vicious stabbed Arn Anderson with a scissors during a huge brawl between the too. Arn and Sid got into an argument earlier that night where Arn went back to his apartment. Sid then went to Arn's apartment and attacked him, stabbing him with the scissors. Even after being stabbed Arn continued fighting with Sid and the fight broke out in the hallway. After the fight was over, the hallway had been covered by blood

True and false at the same time. The stabbings did happen, however hallway wasn't covered in blood. There's a very good reason for this. Sid did stab Anderson with a scissors in the hotel, however it was actually a pair of SAFETY SCISSORS! I sh*t you not. But AA loves to dramatise the story when he tells it, understandably so because nobody ever wants to admit they got stabbed with a kiddie scissors.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I'm not too sure if there's any actual truth to that one. Basically if it was on deathvalleydriver, the chances are it's a bunch of bullsh*t.

Michaels has denied that ever happened, however others swore blind that it did.

That was also chalked down to rumours, which makes sense because Sheik was already in WWE feuding with Bob Backlund BEFORE Hogan had joined.

True and false at the same time. The stabbings did happen, however hallway wasn't covered in blood. There's a very good reason for this. Sid did stab Anderson with a scissors in the hotel, however it was actually a pair of SAFETY SCISSORS! I sh*t you not. But AA loves to dramatise the story when he tells it, understandably so because nobody ever wants to admit they got stabbed with a kiddie scissors.

It really goes down to who believes who with Undertaker and HBK because Undertaker said it happened. But i don't know. However I believe Taker over HBK anyday considering the sh!t HBK did in the past, I wouldn't be surprised if he refused to job to Austin.

• Advertisement

Riddle101 wrote: »
    It really goes down to who believes who with Undertaker and HBK because Undertaker said it happened. But i don't know. However I believe Taker over HBK anyday considering the sh!t HBK did in the past, I wouldn't be surprised if he refused to job to Austin.

It's touched on briefly on the Michaels DVD, i think by McMahon (yeah i know, a WWE produced DVD), i'm not so such if it was a fact that he didn't want to job it to Austin as anything against Austin, I'd say it was more to the fact that he didn't drop it to anyone.

But I agree, and I'm a huge mark for Michaels. But he was somewhat of an ass between 95-98, so it certainly wouldn't surprise me if it were the case. Funnily enough, it was never mentioned on his shoot interview.

Advertisement