Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did you know....

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    It's touched on briefly on the Michaels DVD, i think by McMahon (yeah i know, a WWE produced DVD), i'm not so such if it was a fact that he didn't want to job it to Austin as anything against Austin, I'd say it was more to the fact that he didn't drop it to anyone.

But I agree, and I'm a huge mark for Michaels. But he was somewhat of an ass between 95-98, so it certainly wouldn't surprise me if it were the case. Funnily enough, it was never mentioned on his shoot interview.

I think it was also in one of Mick Foley's books, possibly the first one....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

*****Stolen from some site on the interwebs*****

Michaels and Marty Jannetty won the WWF tag team title from Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart in October of 1990 at a taping for Saturday Night's Main Event. Neidhart had been fired and was filling contractual obligations, which including jobbing the tag titles to another team. In what should have been a minor point, the top rope broke at one point during the match. The Rockers defended the titles for a week after that, but then Neidhart was re-hired by the WWF, and Vince McMahon decided that the title change never actually happened, in one of the goofier decisions of the 90s, and one of many to affect the careers of Shawn and Bret. As an explanation, a story was sent to Pro Wrestling Illustrated about the rope break causing an "unfair working environment" for both teams, and hence the title reign was annulled. This was simply to cover up for the fact that they reported the title change as fact a week prior and needed a reason to no longer report it as such. The title change was edited out of the Main Event broadcast, and thus went down in history that the Rockers never had the belt.

This is one i remember bein told though, if anyone can verify:

In the RAW tag team tournament of summer 1997, Jerry Lawler teamed with Rob Van Dam

And one more for good measure:

Eddy Guerrero did the frog splash as a tribute to his fallen tag team Art Barr, who used it as his finishing move

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Michaels and Marty Jannetty won the WWF tag team title from Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart in October of 1990 at a taping for Saturday Night's Main Event. Neidhart had been fired and was filling contractual obligations, which including jobbing the tag titles to another team. In what should have been a minor point, the top rope broke at one point during the match. The Rockers defended the titles for a week after that, but then Neidhart was re-hired by the WWF, and Vince McMahon decided that the title change never actually happened, in one of the goofier decisions of the 90s, and one of many to affect the careers of Shawn and Bret. As an explanation, a story was sent to Pro Wrestling Illustrated about the rope break causing an "unfair working environment" for both teams, and hence the title reign was annulled. This was simply to cover up for the fact that they reported the title change as fact a week prior and needed a reason to no longer report it as such. The title change was edited out of the Main Event broadcast, and thus went down in history that the Rockers never had the belt.

Yeah, depending on who's side of the story you hear on it. Shawn claims he and Marty were gutted over it and really didn't particularly care that the match was a shambles as it was taped and it could have been done again, according to both their shoot interviews. Bret, according to his first shoot basically pleaded with Vince not to air it because it was such a farce. So Vince re-hired Neidhart as a favour to Bret and kept the belts on them for a while.

The match actually wasn't bad save for the last minute of it. It can be found without commentary on the Shawn DVD.
    This is one i remember bein told though, if anyone can verify:

In the RAW tag team tournament of summer 1997, Jerry Lawler teamed with Rob Van Dam
    June 16th 1997 to be exact, they were against The Headbangers.
    Eddy Guerrero did the frog splash as a tribute to his fallen tag team Art Barr, who used it as his finishing move

Yup, to this day nobody's entirely sure the cause of Art Barr's death. It was originally written off as an aneurysm but apparently he was as healthy as a horse.

Advertisement