Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

So tenclub have put the Vs/vitalogy super deluxe onsale and you get vault#1 with it and the chance to win one of 8 signed by the band.
    Does this mean the no code/yield set is on it's way?
    I'd ordered about 20 minutes before they sent that mail out. Mailed them and asked if I would be included in the draw for an autographed copy. Seems I will be. So it is open to Europe.
    If you're gonna get this get it now I suppose.

And now they've halved the shipping on tue Vs/vitalogy deluxe set... Brilliant time to get it.

Hi,
    We've decided to lower the International shipping cost for the Vs and Vitalogy Super Deluxe Box set for those who have ordered over the last 24hrs and for a limited time going forward. Shipping is FREE in the US.

Beginning tomorrow, we'll begin refunding 50% of the cost.

Canada shipping will now be $17.50
    Rest of World will be $37.50

Questions? contact shipping@tenclub.net

Thanks!
    10c

9395-SDX.1626.Full.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Got my 10c t-shirt in the post yesterday. Have to say I'm a little disappointed. No mention of 10c or PJ. Just a cheap plain white T with "I'm Analog" and a sound wave on it. Was hoping for something a little cooler.

Cant believe I just found this thread now..

I've been a huge fan with a few years, I was never into music that much growing up but I went through a bit of an 'upheaval' I started getting into all sorts of music but the only band that I really connected with was PJ.

I think they are the perfect band, they have songs that cater for everyone but its not contrived. I love the fact that they can go from Once, then Nothingman and Given to Fly is in between. Just unreal.

I saw PJ20 recently and to be honest I was really disappointed by it. When I heard Cameron Crowe was making a documentary about PJ I was ecstatic, but when I saw it it just looked like he threw a load of youtube videos I've already seen together, and some interviews that didn't really give much insight into the band (nothing I didn't really know already).

I will have to check out the extended version to really make my mind up though.

Anyways, see you all around!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

NothingMan wrote: »
    Got my 10c t-shirt in the post yesterday. Have to say I'm a little disappointed. No mention of 10c or PJ. Just a cheap plain white T with "I'm Analog" and a sound wave on it. Was hoping for something a little cooler.

Ooo that reminds me! I need to update my membership!

jenizzle wrote: »
    Ooo that reminds me! I need to update my membership!

It's a little annoying. An extra $25 dollars and the only difference is a crappy t-shirt. I know €36 isn't much for the vinyl, couple of Deep mags, a T-shirt and presales etc... but if it wasn't for the vinyl I'd be paying the digital membership.

I'm due for renewal in November. I just can't justify the $40. Still waiing on this years single. And if you can get the same benefits for $20, is there really a point? One 'magazine', a single that arrives a year late and a tshirt you wouldn't wear in the dark... I'm thinking no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

When I heard backspacer was in the tubes, I signed up, selfishly hoping to get a shout a pre-sale tickets. Managed to get ones for the O2 in London three (?) years ago. When they announced the next tour, it was nigh impossible to get tickets for the Dublin or Belfast shows. Didn't see the point in renewing after that. I know it may sound selfish, but as David75 said, you get a magazine, a single that arrives at a random time and I didn't even get a t-shirt that year. Not really worth the money IMO when the benefit of getting first shout on tickets is removed.

When I heard backspacer was in the tubes, I signed up, selfishly hoping to get a shout a pre-sale tickets. Managed to get ones for the O2 in London three (?) years ago. When they announced the next tour, it was nigh impossible to get tickets for the Dublin or Belfast shows. Didn't see the point in renewing after that. I know it may sound selfish, but as David75 said, you get a magazine, a single that arrives at a random time and I didn't even get a t-shirt that year. Not really worth the money IMO when the benefit of getting first shout on tickets is removed.

That's pretty **** alright. I got my membership in 07 and got presale tickets for London 09 and Dublin and Belfast last year, although it was a harrowing experience getting them. The presale and early entry are a real bonus and I've been lucky to get them the 3 times I've tried.

• Advertisement

NothingMan wrote: »
    That's pretty **** alright. I got my membership in 07 and got presale tickets for London 09 and Dublin and Belfast last year, although it was a harrowing experience getting them. The presale and early entry are a real bonus and I've been lucky to get them the 3 times I've tried.

Aye, what made it worse was the Dublin / Belfast ones were on sale the day of my work Christmas party, so I had to pop out with a 4 pint buzz on me and bang on a PC for 90 mins to no avail... I got them first thing on Ticketmaster though, so no hard feelings :D

Also, just picked up viatalogy on vinyl this evening, can't wait to spin that baby! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

Pearl Jam Twenty on BBC4 tomorrow night, although doubt there's anyone here who hasn't seen it!

I'll watch it to keep me goin til the limited edition dvd arrives from Ten Club, should be along any day now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Cool! didn't get to go to it in the cinema due to new baby; will tune in, turn the lights off and charge myself €20 for a bucket of popcorn to replicate the experience :)

Banjo wrote: »
    Cool! didn't get to go to it in the cinema due to new baby; will tune in, turn the lights off and charge myself €20 for a bucket of popcorn to replicate the experience :)

I can come kick the back of your seat and shine my mobile phone screen out of the corner of your eye too if ya like?

just dont start applauding or singing! i dont care if its in yer own front room haha

in other news, the kids are twenty edit is 'out there'...and it kicks the main edits ass in a million ways...all the songs in complete form and different footage inbetween songs...including Of the earth from Dublin at the very end..

it's not a DEMON to find but OID go for it

hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

The Pearl Jam documentary Twenty is on BBC Four tonight at 9 pm.

anyone else seen the kids are twenty edit yet?

it's kick ass and the different footage inbetween songs is incredible.

Let's say i'm RAPIDly looking for a friend to SHARE it with me ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Is that Deluxe Bluray of PJ20 going to be available again on any websites to buy or is it now gone forever?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Is that Deluxe Bluray of PJ20 going to be available again on any websites to buy or is it now gone forever?

gone for now until they find some more in a box somewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Minstrel27 wrote: »

I doubt it.they are on sale on ebay for over 299 dollars! I'm sorry I didn't pay the 70 dollars on ten club at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Zerroth

groovie wrote: »
    The Pearl Jam documentary Twenty is on BBC Four tonight at 9 pm.

Ten is the only album I have listened to but still watched the documentary. Interesting and enjoyable watch. They come across as genuinely decent guys. Eddie Vedder reminds me of myself, quiet! :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Damn missed the documentary :(

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭muppet01

Massive fan since the early days and loved the documentary.( it made me dig out my temple of the dog cd for the car!)

Any ideas how to pick up the unplugged set on dvd??

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

muppet01 wrote: »
    Massive fan since the early days and loved the documentary.( it made me dig out my temple of the dog cd for the car!)

Any ideas how to pick up the unplugged set on dvd??

The Unplugged DVD comes with the Deluxe edition of the anniversary edition of Ten IIRC,Id check for you but its all the way up in the attic now!!

Yup,it does come with it actually......google is your friend!!

You were able to get this cool ten remastered miniset(which is effin Amazin by the way! It sounds like a completely different and better record) and it also with it came the old ten and a DVD of MTV unplugged inside but they seem to be €60 now on amazon.

Ye can probly still get it in hmv, have a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Ages ago, I got that Ten Deluxe edition off some American website who had it on offer for €20 for one day. It really is a great thing.

Ten is a monument in a lot of our lives and of the time...those who only know that record should go check out PJ's other stuff..the really amazing stuff came later...Vitalogy..No Code..Yield...

give em a go folks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

On the website you can still buy the Vs/Vitalogy super deluxe edition but says the bonus vault CDs have sold out. Anyone know if these CDs were exclusive to the website?

Advertisement