Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭leg

Can anyone tell me whats the cheapest and most efficent way of getting from mary i to ul please

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

leg wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me whats the cheapest and most efficent way of getting from mary i to ul please
    Walk down to William Street in the city centre, it's about a 10-12 minute walk (you'll find it on Google Maps), and just outside the Centra shop there are buses that run to UL every 15 minutes, it's €1.60 for the Bus Eireann buses and there's also a privately run bus that goes about every half hour and that costs €1.20.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭RibenaHead

dambarude wrote: »
    I'm continually surprised at how helpful the new SU are, be it answering questions here or updating TVmisu. Fair dues to them.

Teamhair seems much bigger in reality than it did in the video tour. I really like the enclosed area between LG9, and the new building, where the tree is.

I completely agree. The SU appear to be well ahead in comparison to other years and they are all much more approachable. In previous years, the SU office could often be quite an intimidating place to go to. I don't think that's going to be an issue this year.

The Tara building is looking fantastic! Went for a wander around it to look at everything properly and it took an hour and a half! It's getting so much closer to looking like a 'real' college! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭iwannagoonstric

Hi,

I've been trying to pick my subject online for ages. I'm a 1st year b ed and i can log into the ul link student services thing, but there isnt any option to pick the subjects only to pay fees. can anyone help me!!

@iwannagoonstric,

I'm having the same problem. Don't worry too much about it. Usually they have a whole section of the computer room dedicated to helping people register online during week 1. There should be I.T. assistants there to help you out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

dambarude wrote: »
    She seemed pleasant in the video stream, she didn't do an Axl Rose on it at least:p. (Ron Mexico never gave us an account of that on this thread:D).

I'm back from Dublin. Met Onion on the train on the way up, we had a good old chat:D As for Axl Rose, well this is why I love Boards.ie

Sigfinal.jpg

Found this in the gig thread earlier. Pretty much sums it up.:D

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Yeah, is was great talking to you dude, we'll have to head out on the town some night!

How's everyone settling in?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Hi,

I've been trying to pick my subject online for ages. I'm a 1st year b ed and i can log into the ul link student services thing, but there isnt any option to pick the subjects only to pay fees. can anyone help me!!

AFAIK you can't do it until Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

Will any of ye boardsies be arounf next Wednesday night. I thing I'll finally make it for a limerick nite out. B Ed 3 are doing prep Wed and Thu.

lighthouse wrote: »
    Will any of ye boardsies be arounf next Wednesday night. I thing I'll finally make it for a limerick nite out. B Ed 3 are doing prep Wed and Thu.

It's my housemate's 21st on Wednesday so I'm not sure exactly what the plan is with that...

• Advertisement

RibenaHead wrote: »
    It's my housemate's 21st on Wednesday so I'm not sure exactly what the plan is with that...

No worries. I don't know at this stage where I'll be either.

• Company Representative Posts: 195 Verified rep MISU Office

Hi,

Although you've probably found out by now, you could only access the registration part this morning.

If you didn't get it done this morning, don't worry, you have until Friday. If you miss the deadline of 5pm on Friday, you have to pay €30 to register.

On a different note, thanks for the compliments lads, but like anything, we have to be able to take the good with the bad so we won't let our egos get out of hand!

Hope you're all having a good day anyway!

Thanks,
    MISU

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Must say that the college is very collegey today.

And it's great to see that the PCs have been upgraded to Win 7!

Nice moves from the exec. in the latest TV MISU video. :D

Although you've probably found out by now, you could only access the registration part this morning.

If you didn't get it done this morning, don't worry, you have until Friday. If you miss the deadline of 5pm on Friday, you have to pay €30 to register.

Sorry, i eventually got on today and registered for mu midules, but I've accidently registered for English - which i dont want - and can not see the undo button to undo.....help.

sorry - one more question - can you and if you can how do you get onto the LAN from your home computer

sorry - one more question - can you and if you can how do you get onto the LAN from your home computer

Follow this link. :D

Oh BTW you should go down to Dolan's tonite. ;)

lighthouse wrote: »
    Follow this link. :D

Oh BTW you should go down to Dolan's tonite. ;)

The link lighthouse provided has the right info but you may have to use your name instead of your ID number as shown in the link, ie. like the new way of logging on to the computers in college or your student email - using your name with a full stop in between your first and second names, instead of your student ID.

Sorry, i eventually got on today and registered for mu midules, but I've accidently registered for English - which i dont want - and can not see the undo button to undo.....help.

If you can't find how to change on the site, best thing to do is to call into the Student Services office (on the first floor of the old building) and tell them. Probably best to do it tomorrow though because if you leave it too late, the more awkward it gets to change it.

Something has gone wrong there with the quote but it's in relation to iwannagoonstric's query about accidentally registering for English, I'm not just quoting MISU Office.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Loving the MISU profile. Good job............ Its really wierd that even though we're the same Uni, us UL'ers (for lack of a better term of phrase) have no idea what ye are up to .............. appart from the courses ye do !!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭McSween

has anybody any information on the Foundation Course in Mary I?

i have requested an application form, but i'd like to hear some views from people who have done it.

McSween wrote: »

i have requested an application form, but i'd like to hear some views from people who have done it.

Is that the course for people who want to return to college, Mature Students etc??

RonMexico wrote: »
    Is that the course for people who want to return to college, Mature Students etc??

yes, runs from october to april on mondays and wednesdays, no exact dates set out yet.

yes, runs from october to april on mondays and wednesdays, no exact dates set out yet.

I have had a few Mature students in my tutorials who did that course and found it to be very useful. In a way it allows you to get the hang of things before entering the BA course. For some people, going straight in to the BA course is a little like being thrown in at the deep end. The Foundation course is a great way to ease yourself in to college life at a pace you can handle.

you're right, going into a course having left school a few years prior is daunting.

be interesting to hear what kind of essays etc have to be carried out.

I'm not sure but I'd imagine they would be suited to those who are trying to get back into the swing of things.

1st year English essays in the BA course are 1000 words.

You would probably also get plenty of advice/instruction as to what is required.

Hi MISU,
    I'm very impressed as I said before with all the work ye are doing re. informing students on various things. I'd like to think ye have taken a leaf out of my book with some of the stuff I was doing last year on WTL. Anyway I'm just being a bit egotestical as I'm sure ye are aware that I have a tendency to be.
    Anyway impressed to see ye have the 3rd year TP prep timetable up. Handy for people who are having problems accessing their email accounts.
    Anyway keep up the good work.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Just wanted to remind everyone that I helped campaign for this SU. Just putting that out there :P

And I finally did my CV out properly, I think I'm over my little "be a bum" phase :D

Just don't put that on your CV Onion :D

By the way - Mary I forum, lets make this happen. Anyone?

• Advertisement

Although you've probably read this already, there's the tiniest bit of info on it here - http://www.mic.ul.ie/prospectivestudents/Mature/foundationcert.htm.

Some of the info here - http://www.mic.ul.ie/lsu/foundationCertificate.html - is slightly outdated but worth a read anyway.

Not sure if there are many students on here who have done it but from talking to students who did do it, they found it great as it was the perfect introduction to college life since they'd been out of the education side of things in a while. It benefits people as they can get into the routine of Mary I and are more familiar with their surroundings if they commence full time education.

On a seperate note, we think a forum would be a great idea. It's certainly a lot busier on here in the last month or so. You have our backing!

Advertisement