Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N8/N25/N40 - Dunkettle Interchange [under construction]

Options
1134135136137138140»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Not Bloomfield this morning…. four cars (one a taxi and one ironically a motorway service vehicle) had the usual tailgating pileup when the first one started to brake suddenly.

But it was where the second westbound Douglas onramp meets the N40, so not the usual spot at all.

There was nearly a second identical crash along the N25 this morning as tailgating cars all braked due to a lorry pulling out to overtake a tractor. Much skidding.

The more I see of these accidents its tailgating. Nothing more than that.Tailgating, aggression, silly merging causing tailgating cars to brake.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭DylanQuestion

Traffic on the N28 on ramp at Maryborough Hill, coming up and down the hill, which I have never seen/haven’t seen in a long time. A big problem was the second people got to the end of the ramp and onto the merge lane, they were trying to merge. No one (except me) would go to the end of the lane and seamlessly merge in. It led to a standstill as cars were braking trying to squeeze in at the start of the lane. As discussed, same happens at the merge of N28 (specifically the right hand lane) and N40. Everytime I go to the end of the lane and I get in easily without having to stop

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

The only trouble with the latter (and its common at Mahon eastbound in particular) is that people come to the end of the merge and just barge in, without let nor care as to who might be in the way.

Oh definitely, I should have made it clear I still do it safely, and yield to traffic on the mainline. I always dread driving past the J10 on ramp eastbound, same with the N27 at its junction with Mick Barry Road

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Had my first experience coming from Carrigtwohill towards the tunnel yesterday. Thank god I mostly work from home, is all I can say. It's probably been discussed to death here, but those 3 lanes merging into 1 right before the tunnel is a certifiable nightmare. Spent 20 minutes alone there on a 100m stretch and then the rest of the trip was fine.

The worst part is there's probably no way to avoid it apart from widening the tunnel, which obviously isn't gonna happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Corkladddd!!

Not sure what time you were at but there was an accident between Mahon and Bloomfield after 6 that slowed everything down, wonder is the mile or so between Mahon / Bloomfield / Douglas Flyover statistically the most accident prone area in the country? Certainly feels like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

It was about 5.15.

As far as I could tell, it was just the 3 lanes merging that was causing the delay. As soon as I got past that and it was single-file closer to the tunnel, traffic was completely free-flowing. Only a handful of cars up the Mahon off-ramp etc.

Did anyone email the Road Construction team about the signage in the scheme? And if so, did anyone get a response?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭cantalach

No. Main reason is that I'm waiting until I have a photo of all of the bad signage, and I haven't had a chance yet to photograph the signs on the N25W. But I will!

Advertisement