Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

APAT Irish Championship - Dublin, May 30th - 31st

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Laxie

kennyrsb wrote: »
    im 100% and can pay in the next week, KENNY
    My mate wants to play too....BARRY

Hi,

Just need you to send me a pm with full real names for both of you and contact email addys as well so you can be included in the list going to Des. Cheers!

Have 6 Pm's received already and those people are on the list. Hoping to post confirmation of seats for everyone no later than Monday evening. Look forward to meeting everyone! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭kennyrsb

pm sent

ty:D

careca wrote: »
    Same as this. Thanks.

Neil

Hi Neil,

Can you please send me a PM with your real name and email addy so I can add you to the list. Cheers!

Regards,

Dawn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

PM sent, thanks.

Received and added.

Sending a list to Des within the hour so anyone who hasn't replied to their pm's, get a move on!

• Advertisement

List closed, submitted and I'm off to the pub! Will report back when I hear from Des. Fingers crossed, we'll manage the lot of ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,237 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Balls! I think I would have popped in for this. The pleasure of playing with some of the blonde poker frequenters who love my strat posting over there would have been too good an opportunity to pass up. Ah well. :(

My own fault for not reading the thread here and just assuming that the unavailability of seats online meant it was a no go. I'm an idiot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I think I would have popped in for this. . Ah well.
    My own fault for not reading the thread here and just assuming that the unavailability of seats online meant it was a no go. I'm an idiot!

you're a poker mod, you're not fooling anyone, see you there!

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Balls! I think I would have popped in for this. The pleasure of playing with some of the blonde poker frequenters who love my strat posting over there would have been too good an opportunity to pass up. Ah well. :(

Believe it or not, there are a good few who appreciate your thoughts in the PHA board. Don't let the loud mouths put you off.

Anyone who submitted their name, consider yourself in. Will post up the final list of names once Des has them sorted. See you there! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭corigi

Hi Laxie,

Cheers for all the help in sorting us out tickets very much appreciated..

Look Forward to seen you there...

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mick84

Hi Laxie,
    Is there any seats still available for this ?

Just sent you a PM.

PM received and I've sent your request on to Des. Will let you know in the next day or so.

Chances are good a few people who have requested seats will probably not turn up. An alternates list will be in place on the day so get there early if I'm unable to sort your seat beforehand. Fingers crossed, you won't have to worry about it though.

Side note - APAT has an online league which takes place twice a month. We could do with a few more members on the Irish team, so if interested check out this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055568866 Cheers! :)

Seats are starting to open up on the Seat Exchange board if anyone's interested.

http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?board=37.0

Only a couple so far, but keep an eye on that board for the week as it tends to be a busy one right before live events.

Everyone who requested a seat got what they asked for. Payment due on the day. If you can't make it, please send me a PM so we can open up your seat. Cheers!

The following players have confirmed direct buy in's for the event at the Fitzwilliam on May 30th & 31st.

Andrew Cowl - To Pay In Ireland
    Andrew Murphy
    Andrew Tracey
    Aneurin Venables
    Anthony Williams
    Barry Plunkett - To Pay In Ireland
    Ben Dixon
    Billy Johnstone
    Bobby Murphy - To Pay In Ireland
    Brendan Byrne
    Brian Greene - To Pay In Ireland
    Brian Martin
    Brian Yates
    Cara Dunn
    Carl O'Connell - To Pay In Ireland
    Chris Peers
    Ciaran Lynch
    Colin Joseph
    Colin O'Prey
    Craig Dunn
    Damian Kent - To Pay In Ireland
    Damien McDermott
    Darren Shallis
    Dave Butler
    David Pilkington - To Pay In Ireland
    Dawn Dineen
    Dean Clamp
    Derek Liddle
    Dewi James
    Doig Rudling
    Dominic Marley
    Don Logan
    Don Roberts
    Donna Bairstow
    Frank Bailie
    Gary Coulahan - To Pay In Ireland
    Gary Love
    Gary Martin
    Ger Smyth
    Gerard Harraghy
    Gerard Smyth
    Gianluca Ragusi
    Grant Saunders
    James Edwards
    Jamie Edgell
    Jamie Penfold
    Jason Green
    Jason Jones
    Jeff Haire
    Jeldon Fernandes
    Joe Carr-Hill
    John Murray
    Jon Hardwick
    Jonathan Parr
    JP Round
    Keith Jamieson
    Keith Joseph
    Leigh Wiltshire
    Lou Saban
    Luke Humphrey
    Lynne Etches
    Malcolm Howell
    Mark Barsley
    Mark Lassman
    Mark Redshaw
    Martin Rice
    Martyn Fuller
    Martyn Prime
    Martyn Sharp
    Matt Mckinlay
    Matthew Doheny
    Maxine Mckinlay
    Michael Dunne - To Pay In Ireland
    Michael O'Brien - To Pay In Ireland
    Michael O'Prey
    Michael Paterson
    Michael Rainsford
    Michael Saban
    Neil Hanly - To Pay In Ireland
    Nigel Johnson
    Pat Mitchell - To Pay In Ireland
    Paul Garnham
    Paul McGuinness
    Paul Williams
    Paul Wilson
    Pete Winter
    Phil Tompkinson
    Philip Colls
    Philip Godkin - To Pay In Ireland
    Philip Hadland
    Ray Chester
    Raymond Crowe - To Pay In Ireland
    Richard Coull
    Richard Hinds
    Richard King
    Richard Rudling-Smith
    Rob Swindells
    Robert Chambers - To Pay In Ireland
    Robert Spencer
    Roland Shorcott
    Royston Finch
    Samuel Johnston
    Sean Kenny - To Pay In Ireland
    Simon Auckland
    Sohan Basu
    Stephen Fryer
    Stephen Sammon - To Pay In Ireland
    Steve Jones
    Steve Lister
    Steve Murray
    Steve Redfern
    Steven Bayliff
    Strachan Macdonald
    Stuart Langford
    TBC - Fitzwilliam
    TBC - Fitzwilliam
    TBC - Fitzwilliam
    TBC - Fitzwilliam
    TBC - Fitzwilliam
    TBC - Fitzwilliam
    TBC - Fitzwilliam
    TBC - Fitzwilliam
    TBC - Fitzwilliam
    TBC - Fitzwilliam
    TBC - Fitzwilliam
    TBC - Fitzwilliam
    TBC - Fitzwilliam
    TBC - Fitzwilliam
    TBC - Fitzwilliam
    TBC - Fitzwilliam
    TBC - Fitzwilliam
    TBC - Fitzwilliam
    TBC - Fitzwilliam
    TBC - Fitzwilliam
    Thomas Savage
    Thomas Tracy - To Pay In Ireland
    Tim Magnus
    Tod Wood
    Tony Rafferty - To Pay In Ireland
    Vincent Diver
    Will Johnstone
    Will Young

Right so...hands up who's going?

A good few from the list are arriving on Friday and heading out for a few sociable drinks. If you're interested in meeting up, give a shout and I'll post the where and when details in a day or two.

Laxie wrote: »
    Right so...hands up who's going?

A good few from the list are arriving on Friday and heading out for a few sociable drinks. If you're interested in meeting up, give a shout and I'll post the where and when details in a day or two.

I be there Laxie..

I work in Dublin so wouldnt mind one or two after work if there a few going somewhere near city centre?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Tough Johnnson!

Ill be there, thanks a mill Laxie for getting me a seat. Can i pay in the Fitz on saturday or will i need to pay before then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭copperfacegaz

anyone know wat time this starts on sat at ?? pls

• Advertisement

Happy to help and look forward to meeting everyone. You can pay Des on Saturday at the Fitz.

Start time is 2:30pm sharp on Saturday. You can find all the general info. for the week-end here http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=3509.0

A good few are meeting up at Larry Murphy's from 8pm (some arriving earlier) til late on Friday and again at noon on Saturday. Should be good fun. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭pearsefitz

Hi Guys,
    Is there any chance of a ticket for the tournament.
    I just realised I cant enter on apat website.
    I was waiting for payday.
    I have laser and am available for tournament.
    Please advise If there is any chance of getting my feet under the table
    at the event.
    Thank you and please please help
    Regards
    :)Pearse

I just got on the waiting list ... so hopefully 7 people dont come and I get the call
    Is there a chance of that happening????

Hiya Pearse,

I wish I could promise you a reserved seat, however it's gone too late and my hands are tied at this stage. Not sure what waiting list you're on as APAT won't be gathering an alternates list until 12:30pm on Saturday. Really do apologise, however do what you can to get there early on Saturday and you might get lucky.

Same applies for everyone who hasn't already received confirmation of a seat. Fingers crossed, a good few will get through via the Alternates route.

Regards,

Dawn

Revised list as of just over an hour ago...and the last you'll hear from me until Monday! lol Safe travels and good luck everyone! :)

You can follow live updates on the APAT site (technology permitting) throughout the week-end.

The following players have confirmed direct buy in's for the event at the Fitzwilliam on May 30th & 31st.

Andrew Cowl - To Pay In Ireland
    Andrew Grant
    Andrew Murphy
    Andrew Tracey
    Aneurin Venables
    Anthony Williams
    Barry Plunkett - To Pay In Ireland
    Ben Dixon
    Billy Johnstone
    Bobby Murphy - To Pay In Ireland
    Brendan Byrne
    Brian Greene - To Pay In Ireland
    Brian Martin
    Brian Yates
    Cara Dunn
    Carl O'Connell - To Pay In Ireland
    Chris McCleese
    Chris Peers
    Ciaran Lynch
    Colin Joseph
    Colin O'Prey
    Craig Dunn
    Damian Kent - To Pay In Ireland
    Damien McDermott
    Darren Shallis
    Dave Butler
    David Pilkington - Entered via Fitzwilliam
    Dawn Dineen
    Dean Clamp
    Derek Liddle
    Dewi James
    Doig Rudling
    Dominic Marley
    Don Logan
    Don Roberts
    Donna Bairstow
    Frank Bailie
    Gary Coulahan - Entered via Fitzwilliam
    Gary Love
    Gary Martin
    Ger Smyth
    Gerard Harraghy
    Gerard Smyth
    Gianluca Ragusi
    Grant Saunders
    James Edwards
    Jamie Edgell
    Jamie Penfold
    Jason Green
    Jason Jones
    Jeff Haire
    Jeldon Fernandes
    Joe Carr-Hill
    John Murray
    Jon Hardwick
    Jonathan Parr
    JP Round
    Keith Jamieson
    Keith Joseph
    Leigh Wiltshire
    Lou Saban
    Luke Humphrey
    Lynne Etches
    Malcolm Howell
    Mark Barsley
    Mark Lassman
    Mark Redshaw
    Martin Rice
    Martyn Fuller
    Martyn Prime
    Martyn Sharp
    Matt Mckinlay
    Matthew Doheny
    Michael Dunne - To Pay In Ireland
    Michael O'Brien - To Pay In Ireland
    Michael O'Prey
    Michael Paterson
    Michael Rainsford
    Michael Saban
    Neil Hanly - To Pay In Ireland
    Nigel Johnson
    Pat Mitchell - To Pay In Ireland
    Paul Garnham
    Paul McGuinness
    Paul Williams
    Paul Wilson
    Pearse Fitzpatrick - To Pay In Ireland
    Pete Winter
    Phil Tompkinson
    Philip Colls
    Philip Godkin - To Pay In Ireland
    Philip Hadland
    Ray Chester
    Raymond Crowe - To Pay In Ireland
    Richard Coull
    Richard Hinds
    Richard King
    Richard Rudling-Smith
    Rob Swindells
    Robert Chambers - To Pay In Ireland
    Robert Spencer
    Roland Shorcott
    Royston Finch
    Samuel Johnston
    Sean Kenny - To Pay In Ireland
    Simon Auckland
    Sohan Basu
    Stephen Fryer
    Stephen Ligett
    Stephen Sammon - To Pay In Ireland
    Steve Freer
    Steve Lister
    Steve Murray
    Steve Redfern
    Steven Bayliff
    Strachan Macdonald
    Stuart Langford
    TBC - Fitzwilliam
    TBC - Fitzwilliam
    TBC - Fitzwilliam
    TBC - Fitzwilliam
    TBC - Fitzwilliam
    TBC - Fitzwilliam
    TBC - Fitzwilliam
    TBC - Fitzwilliam
    TBC - Fitzwilliam
    TBC - Fitzwilliam
    TBC - Fitzwilliam
    TBC - Fitzwilliam
    TBC - Fitzwilliam
    TBC - Fitzwilliam
    TBC - Fitzwilliam
    TBC - Fitzwilliam
    TBC - Fitzwilliam
    TBC - Fitzwilliam
    Thomas Savage
    Thomas Tracy - To Pay In Ireland
    Tim Magnus
    Tod Wood
    Tony Rafferty - To Pay In Ireland
    Vincent Diver
    Will Johnstone
    Will Young

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

I might have a problem getting there tomorrow. I'm going to try to play it but somethings come up its 50 50 whether I'll be able to get there by a reasonable time.
    I'll call the Fitz if I'm going to arrive late enough to play, and I'll send you a PM Laxie if I can't make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Legend_DIT

Thanks very much Laxie for getting me a place into this - I finished 4th for 600 euro.

The tourney was good with a decent structure - but I didn't like the way the payout system worked. 144 entries so 15 got paid. 15th - 10th all got 300 euro and then 9th-4th all got 600 euro with 1200 for 3rd, 2400 for 2nd and 3400 for 1st.

Since there's such a huge difference between 9th and 4th the way I would've liked to have seen it would be - pay 14 entries. 14th-10th all get 300 euro. 9th gets 400 with 100 euro increments up to 900 euro for 4th and leave the top 3 prizes the same. However, I was told that the payout is like this to encourage players to play for the win.

I was lucky to get paid at all, as on the bubble I ran my healthy stack into the eventual runner-up when my stop and go with 88 on a 456r board was instacalled by QQ. I was really lucky that I had a weak SB to my BB from 3 tables out and I got quite a few walks to give me a few more rounds at the table to find a hand.

At the final table, I delivered a few bad beats notably my SB A9 v BB AJ flopping 99T, and then, when 7 handed, pushing over a raise blind figuring I had enough chips to take him off any stealing hands. He dwelled and called with A3o - my 82o was looking bad but the flop of 679 gave me hope and the 5 on the turn put me back into contention.

My exit hand was fairly standard - blinds 6/12k with a 1k ante - I'm in the BB with 250k, other 3 stacks are between 350-450k, CO raises to 30k, button calls, SB calls and I of course call with J7c for the first family pot at the FT. Flop comes down JT6 with 2 clubs. SB leads out for 40k, I jam, the other 2 get out of the way and after a dwell, the SB calls with his set of sixes. Turn and River brick and I bubble the four figure top 3 cash.

Pretty pleased however, as I only played two tournaments in May and final tabled in both when both had 90+ fields (The other being the Best of Boards tourney)

I completely forgot to find out who Laxie was, but I'll buy you a drink next year at the APAT if our paths don't cross sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭pearsefitz

Hi all It was my first tournament and I had a ball,
    Think I came in at 100 or 99th place but it didn't matter. So got there too early like a newb... and was chatting to few people..
    And hen sat down and started playing having AA in my second hand. I won a lot of pots but not a lot of money for it. I also was making some mistakes and both dealers and fellow players were sound about it. announcing call raise etc and stuff like that was new to me.
    It was hilarious though I sat down at my first table and said hello to all. And was asking the guy beside me if he had played much.. As it turned out it was Steve (UK champion) all were helpfull and at one stage I was up to 25K made one bad mistake and well sh&t happens.
    Thanks to Des and Laxie for sorting me out with late ticket..
    Great time good people good laugh !!!!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

That was me to your right pearse. Good to meet you.

pearsefitz wrote: »
    Hi all It was my first tournament and I had a ball,
    Think I came in at 100 or 99th place but it didn't matter. So got there too early like a newb... and was chatting to few people..
    And hen sat down and started playing having AA in my second hand. I won a lot of pots but not a lot of money for it. I also was making some mistakes and both dealers and fellow players were sound about it. announcing call raise etc and stuff like that was new to me.
    It was hilarious though I sat down at my first table and said hello to all. And was asking the guy beside me if he had played much.. As it turned out it was Steve (UK champion) all were helpfull and at one stage I was up to 25K made one bad mistake and well sh&t happens.
    Thanks to Des and Laxie for sorting me out with late ticket..
    Great time good people good laugh !!!!

Hi Pearse,

Glad you enjoyed your 1st tournie i think i was at the same table with you i arrived 1 hour late(Decided to watch the Lions attempt to play rugby) then you took most of my chips in two hands both times you flopped two pair againist my overpair and toppair..

Very enjoyable time all the same and there always next year to get my revenge!!

• Advertisement

Was great to meet so many of you and I'm only sorry I didn't get more time to have a proper chat and a pint with everyone, but I'm sure we'll cross paths again.

Brian Murphy finished runner up for €2240 and Brian Yates won it taking home €3400. Des is writing up the report on the week-end and I'll post it up here once he has it sorted.

Advertisement