Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

APAT Irish Championship - Dublin, May 30th - 31st

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

fatguy wrote: »
    Well I got through to the payment page at 9.35, but now it doesn't accept my card. All the details are spot on, so I declare it to be a stupid system. :mad:

Exactly the same what a shambles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 APAT

Sorry guys, we experienced technical problems like we've never seen before at APAT. This started exactly at 9pm and stopped pretty much at 9.40pm. The seats are still on sale, so anyone who has purchased to date, will have a seat. If your card has failed then stop trying to re-purchase. I will speak to the payment provider about these tomorrow and I have the data in order of attempted seat purchase. We are very willing to allocate seats against those failed payments and send you a payment link in 48 hours time, when your card should be okay to use again. I will publish the list of successful entrants at 11pm on the APAT site and the list of people who have been allocated a seat, subject to payment.

Apologies again.

One other thing. Nobody thinks it's more stupid that APAT cannot accept Irish cards than we do. As Laxie mentioned earlier, APAT is based in the UK and that is where our payment provider is. It's is one of the biggest payment providers to the gaming industry, but unfortunately due to Irish legislation, they cannot take Irish cards. We've allocated a number of seats to Denise and will do everything we can to help you play if you cannot get one. We will allocate any cancellations during the last week to Irish players who will be able to pay APAT on the day at the Fitzwilliam. You will be able to book any late cancellations through the APAT Seat Exchange as and when they become available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

I went into Fitz last night to get a seat for the APAT, had my 85euro in hand and was told to return on Friday? Are there still seats available in the Fitz? As I really want to play this event.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Laxie

Phew. Soooooooo glad Des called in here! I went MIA this evening and only just heard of the trouble purchasing seats in the clickfest. Everyone was affected, not just Irish buyers, but apologies again.

For the record - I predicted trouble on boards over a week ago regarding our payment processor and contacted Des. He in turn came up with the solution of holding seats for boards.ie members to purchase at the venue. We really have been trying to think 'outside the box' on this one to look after you lot, so please bear with us.

Will post the list of names as soon as they're up and we can work from there on whoever missed out.

Dylanmc111 wrote: »
    I went into Fitz last night to get a seat for the APAT, had my 85euro in hand and was told to return on Friday? Are there still seats available in the Fitz? As I really want to play this event.

Denise is the only one who can sort the transaction at the Fitz and will be in tomorrow to look after it for you. I'll phone to be sure of ticket numbers and post as soon as I have them.

• Advertisement

Taken from the APAT site

http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=3329.0;topicseen

The following players have confirmed direct buy in's for the event at the Fitzwilliam on May 30th & 31st.

Anthony Williams
    Ben Dixon
    Cara Dunn
    Ciaran Lynch
    Colin Joseph
    Craig Dunn
    Derek Liddle
    Dewi James
    Doig Rudling
    Dominic Marley
    Don Roberts
    Donna Bairstow
    Gary Martin
    Ger Smyth
    Gerard Harraghy
    Gerard Smyth
    Gianluca Ragusi
    Grant Saunders
    James Edwards
    Jamie Edgell
    Jason Green
    Jeldon Fernandes
    Joe Carr-Hill
    John Murray
    Jon Hardwick
    Karen Yates
    Keith Joseph
    Lynne Etches
    Malcolm Howell
    Mark Barsley
    Martin Rice
    Martyn Sharp
    Matt Mckinlay
    Matthew Doheny
    Michael O'Prey
    Nigel Johnson
    Paul Garnham
    Paul McGuinness
    Pete Winter
    Phil Tompkinson
    Philip Colls
    Richard Rudling-Smith
    Rob Swindells
    Robert Spencer
    Steve Jones
    Steve Lister
    Tim Magnus
    Will Young

The following players have an option to buy and will be sent a payment link on Saturday evening. If you do not receive the payment link by email on Saturday night, please pm me here and I will pm the link to you by return.

Andrew Brennan
    Andrew Tracey
    Chris Peers
    David Pilkington
    Don Logan
    Gary Coulahan
    Lou Saban
    Mark Lassman
    Mark Redshaw
    R A Coull
    Raymond Kerley
    Richard King
    Roland Shorcott
    Ste Murray
    Tony Rafferty

The field will also contain several qualifiers from Blue Square and several players who have bought in direct at the Fitzwilliam in Dublin.

In addition, the defending champion and several members of the top ten in the rankings will be playing. These names will be added to the player list and published here when finalised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

Laxie wrote: »
    Denise is the only one who can sort the transaction at the Fitz and will be in tomorrow to look after it for you. I'll phone to be sure of ticket numbers and post as soon as I have them.

thanks! I'll be in there first thing tomorrow, I was gutted I couldnt play last yr and I cudnt register online coz I have no credit card, but I'll be in to register tomorrow!

Denise phoned from the Fitz this evening and has 10 seats left. Still waiting on a final list from last night's fun, but will post it as soon as it lands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭copperfacegaz

Denise phoned from the Fitz this evening and has 10 seats left. Still waiting on a final list from last night's fun, but will post it as soon as it lands.[/qu

i got my ticket last nite from denise at about 9.30pm , think she still had a one or two left .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

I didn't get any email, Laxie.

• Advertisement

The link to buy is still live as a result of the hassle the other night. Just go here http://www.apat.com/index.php/transaction/ and follow the steps to purchase online. If you still have trouble, give me a shout and I'll PM Des who can help you further.

UPDATED LIST OF ENTRIES:

The following players have confirmed direct buy in's for the event at the Fitzwilliam on May 30th & 31st.

Andrew Murphy
    Anthony Williams
    Ben Dixon
    Cara Dunn
    Chris Peers
    Ciaran Lynch
    Colin Joseph
    Craig Dunn
    Derek Liddle
    Dewi James
    Doig Rudling
    Dominic Marley
    Don Logan
    Don Roberts
    Donna Bairstow
    Gary Martin
    Ger Smyth
    Gerard Harraghy
    Gerard Smyth
    Gianluca Ragusi
    Grant Saunders
    James Edwards
    Jamie Edgell
    Jason Green
    Jeldon Fernandes
    Joe Carr-Hill
    John Murray
    Jon Hardwick
    JP Round
    Karen Yates
    Keith Joseph
    Lou Saban
    Lynne Etches
    Malcolm Howell
    Mark Barsley
    Martin Rice
    Martyn Sharp
    Matt Mckinlay
    Matthew Doheny
    Michael O'Prey
    Nigel Johnson
    Paul Garnham
    Paul McGuinness
    Pete Winter
    Phil Scott
    Phil Tompkinson
    Philip Colls
    Richard Coull
    Richard King
    Richard Rudling-Smith
    Rob Swindells
    Robert Spencer
    Simon Auckland
    Steve Jones
    Steve Lister
    Steve Murray
    Steve Redfern
    Tim Magnus
    Vincent Diver
    Will Young

The following players have an option to buy and will be sent a payment link on Saturday evening. If you do not receive the payment link by email on Saturday night, please pm me here and I will pm the link to you by return.

Andrew Brennan
    Andrew Tracey
    Bobby Murphy
    David Pilkington
    Gary Coulahan
    Mark Lassman
    Mark Redshaw
    Raymond Kerley
    Roland Shorcott
    Tony Rafferty

The field will also contain several qualifiers from Blue Square and several players who have bought in direct at the Fitzwilliam in Dublin.

In addition, the defending champion and several members of the top ten in the rankings will be playing. These names will be added to the player list and published here when finalised.

Any Dublin locals know of B&B's near the Fitz? Fool-o here didn't book her room in time and now The Fitz Townhouse is booked out for that week-end. Cheers! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭kennyrsb

can i still pay in cash for this in the fitz?

There were 25 seats left when I checked the other day. Give Denise a ring at the Fitz before you travel in...just to be safe. If you've any trouble, give me a shout and I'll do what I can to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

Laxie is Des on holiday at the moment or just on a different email addy? I've been trying to get in touch with him.

He's been up to his eyeballs lately with all things Sky related. I don't have an email addy for him, but try sending a PM on APAT and he'll get back to you as soon as he can.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I believe Denise has given away all the seats for the APAT that were the Fitzs to allocate/sell. she saved me one though :)

I doubt she will care now though as she is on holidays for 2 weeks starting yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,155 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

So the only way to play now is by buying a ticket online? (or being an alternative?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

How many places were available for this in the first place. Think I'm working the weekend it's on, but on the off chance that I'm free and able to travel to Dublin I'd love to play. How many seats are available?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

He's been up to his eyeballs lately with all things Sky related. I don't have an email addy for him, but try sending a PM on APAT and he'll get back to you as soon as he can.

Done both those things. I'm sure he'll get back to me soon enough.

Anyone who would like a seat, please post here (but only if 100% sure you'll attend) and I'll do what I can to get one of the remaining seats saved in your name. First shouts are first to get seats. Will let you know who got in by Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Legend_DIT

Can you save me a seat - I will definitely be there if I can pay on the day.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Legend_DIT wrote: »
    Can you save me a seat - I will definitely be there if I can pay on the day.

Thanks

Same as this. Thanks.

Neil

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭corigi

Hi Laxie,

I would love a ticket if there still one available.

Wont be around this weekend but can drop you in the cash anytime next week or whenever suits you.

Will be passing all names on in the order they were received and request that seats are held to be paid for on the day if possible. I'll need each of you to please send me a PM with your real name and email address for registration. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭corigi

Will be passing all names on in the order they were received and request that seats are held to be paid for on the day if possible. I'll need each of you to please send me a PM with your real name and email address for registration. Cheers!

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

please put me down for this will pm u in a few mins thanks philip

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭kennyrsb

im 100% and can pay in the next week, KENNY
    My mate wants to play too....BARRY

Advertisement