Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grudge Match Returns

Options
  • 21-04-2009 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭

I think it’s time for another one of these…
    As per usual the emphasis is on the drinking session after wards and the bragging rights of course.

Buy in: 200 NLH –winner take all tournament
    Date: Saturday 16th of May
    Location: I was thinking Westbury in malahide but im open to suggestions
    Starting stack :10K
    Blinds: all blind levels included and no ante
    Clock: 30 min Blind levels

I’m looking for 18 (two tables) as per last time.
    People who have played this in the past get some priority over others but other than that it’s first come-first serve.

There will be a major piss up session after wards obv.
    Hope we can get this going this time.

Grudge Match on 16th May - Pick a venue 21 votes

Fitz
    0%
    Malahide
    66%
    micksteRoadSweeperOllieboyphantom_lordcardshark202eoghan104Killme00stevirecuterobCHDOnly AcesbigbadpatSamoa Joebelgowho 14 votes
    Don't Care
    33%
    ocallaghGholimoliJayminator[Deleted User]ConbroDAMO72FeetMagic 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

As per last grudge match, you are all a shower of tossers,

Saturday 9th May is the Weekend of JP's Masters Game, so another weekend will have to do....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Malahide
    Gholimoli wrote: »
    I think it’s time for another one of these…
    As per usual the emphasis is on the drinking session after wards and the bragging rights of course.

Buy in: 200 NLH –winner take all tournament
    Date: Saturday 9th of May
    Starting stack :10K
    Blinds: all blind levels included and no ante
    Clock: 30 min Blind levels

I’m looking for 18 (two tables) as per last time.
    People who have played this in the past get some priority over others but other than that it’s first come-first serve.

There will be a major piss up session after wards obv.
    Hope we can get this going this time.

9th clashes with JPs game in Red Cow.

Why not make this into a Golf/Poker day. Arrange some golf course for the morning than lunch, than the poker grudge match and then women and a wee bit of beer...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Gholimoli

Don't Care
    ok i fixed the date.
    the problem with the gulf is that it would really depend on the wheather.
    and also i suck at it.

but if there is enough interest i would be deffo up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Ollieboy wrote: »
    9th clashes with JPs game in Red Cow.

Why not make this into a Golf/Poker day. Arrange some golf course for the morning than lunch, than the poker grudge match and then women and a wee bit of beer...

It'd be a good idea if you start a different thread and organise something along these lines for yourself. You'll get a lot of takers and would be a good day out. There's nothing wrong with having a boards get together every couple of months, but i think just let Gholi organise this one and see who's interested.

Things like these rarely get going because everyone has ideas and dates start clashing etc. instead of just saying either you can make it or not. Would be a good idea to change the date, but leaving it as a poker game and a p1ssup is exactly what Grudge match is

ok i fixed the date.
    the problem with the gulf is that it would really depend on the wheather.
    and also i suck at it.

but if there is enough interest i would be deffo up for it.

16th is my little girls Communion so that rules me out. Good luck with it though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

I'll be on holidays otherwise I would pwn your sorry asses

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

16th of may suits me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Malahide
    Can i play?

EDit to add: You all suck c*cks

Off the top of my head, i'd love to see a line up like below. All strong characters, some more outspoken than others and would defo make for some interesting table discussion!

Dagunman
    Holllllaments
    Requilm4adream
    NickyOD
    Yuletired
    Conbro
    Eagle Eye
    Gholimoli
    HectorJelly
    TommyGunne
    Kayroo
    LuckyLloyd
    phantom_lord
    thechamp87
    CHD
    DBC
    mdwexford
    THEIRISHMOB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭aya14

Flushdraw wrote: »
    Off the top of my head, i'd love to see a line up like below. All strong characters, some more outspoken than others and would defo make for some interesting table discussion!

Dagunman
    Holllllaments
    Requilm4adream
    NickyOD
    Yuletired
    Conbro
    Eagle Eye
    Gholimoli
    HectorJelly
    TommyGunne
    Kayroo
    LuckyLloyd
    phantom_lord
    thechamp87
    CHD
    DBC
    mdwexford
    THEIRISHMOB
    Nice line up Tony just make them play blind mans bluff instead of nlhe that'll spice it up.

• Advertisement

1/3rd of the people in that list are busto, I don't want to spend the time refusing requests for loans

Don't Care
    If it's on the 16th I'll play, mostly just to clear myself of the tag of being part of HJ's "One-Third Group".

EDIT: PM sent HJ, you can transfer it on Moneybookers or Stars if you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭bops

1/3rd of the people in that list are busto, I don't want to spend the time refusing requests for loans

afaik only 5 of them are not busto - anyone dare me to list them in busto order??

...actually only half of them understand the fundamentals of poker (eg 2 pair beats a pair etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Malahide
    is this a hendon mob listed event?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

bops wrote: »
    afaik only 5 of them are not busto - anyone dare me to list them in busto order??

...actually only half of them understand the fundamentals of poker (eg 2 pair beats a pair etc)

How many are drawing the dole is the real question imo

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Gillybean72

I dare you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jayminator

Don't Care
    Date: Saturday 16th of May

Gholi,
    Think about the Westbury club in Malahide. Just off the dart line and a great spot during the summer for a few pints. Im sure Larry in the Westbury would jump at the chance to host this.

Plenty of good pubs in the village and then back to the westbury after high shenanigans for spurrious drunken cash game...

ps I ll play on the 16th.

Jay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jayminator

Don't Care
    16th is my little girls Communion so that rules me out. Good luck with it though

You are a little girl... And you suffer with the ghey. You also suck and its not at poker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

Dagunman
    Holllllaments
    Requilm4adream
    NickyOD
    Yuletired
    Conbro
    Eagle Eye
    Gholimoli
    HectorJelly
    TommyGunne
    Kayroo
    LuckyLloyd
    phantom_lord
    thechamp87
    CHD
    DBC
    mdwexford
    THEIRISHMOB

I feel very apathetic about that list, I wish the folk on it had some kind of personality that would enable me to muster up some sembelance of harted but I'm afriad I can't
    you are all just a load of tedious chimps. Also I reckon Saturdays are out as some tinkerbell told me that the Goerge has 'Kylie nights' on all Saturdays in MAY and most of the frillys drawers on this list will probably be there clapping their girly hands in delight. However, If any of you keyboard warriors do attend thread carefully as it's not the fkin Internet, I'm withdrawing my ENTIRE bankroll from AIB (before they go busto themselves) placing it in a sock and if any chimp dares to suggest I'm 'busto' I'm going to swing my sock containing my 200 euros in coins and brain them with it (I would appreciate if I could tap someone for the 20 euro reg fee or failing that a small percentage of my winnings),
    As for drinks afterwards, NO CHIMPIN WAY, I'd rather we just fkd off home thank you very much , imagine you lot with drink on you, a bleedin pantomine or a calamity every 2 minutes. GTFO , ( I've just realised I'm not apathetic at all, I HATE YOU FOOKIN SISSYS)

I'm in (Hate Kylie anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

Malahide
    How is DBC gonna be in a boards grudge match?

• Advertisement

Jayminator wrote: »
    Gholi,
    Think about the Westbury club in Malahide. Just off the dart line and a great spot during the summer for a few pints. Im sure Larry in the Westbury would jump at the chance to host this.

Id much rather we played in the city centre. Im not even sure I know where Malahide is

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Gholimoli

Don't Care
    Malahide is actually a great choice...
    HJ just get on any dart headed north side and you can get off in MAlahide and then its litterly one minute walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

Id much rather we played in the city centre. Im not even sure I know where Malahide is

It's hidden northeast of the northside, It was founded by a group of Southsiders in the early 14th century who got stranded there, The way home was blocked by outlaws led by the notorious Darren Dale. The towns name comes from the Anglo-Irish warning, Mala Hide (Hide your Bags) A common warning in Dublin as the carraiges passed northways over the Liffey.

Northside lol

edit: ill play there if thats whats decided, but surely we should sort out online reg if its going to be on the bad side of town

Don't Care
    Northside lol

edit: ill play there if thats whats decided, but surely we should sort out online reg if its going to be on the bad side of town

U2 own apartments in Malahide. It's more like Howth than Summerhill. Don't worry HJ, it's like a little oasis of southside charm over on the northside.

Don't Care
    How is DBC gonna be in a boards grudge match?

He actually MSN'd me there a while ago and asked me to stick his name down for this.

I dunno what people think about that, and I don't care if he is let into the game or not, I am simply relaying what he said to me.

U2 own apartments in Malahide. It's more like Howth than Summerhill. Don't worry HJ, it's like a little oasis of southside charm over on the northside.

haha yeah I was only kidding. My dad used to live there, its a nice place

Don't Care
    haha yeah I was only kidding. My dad used to live there, its a nice place

You ok to bring over that €200 for me so safe in the knowledge you won't be set upon by a gang of adidas wearing hoodlums?

He actually MSN'd me there a while ago and asked me to stick his name down for this.

I dunno what people think about that, and I don't care if he is let into the game or not, I am simply relaying what he said to me.

IMO it should be up to the mods, they are the people who have to clean up his mess constantly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭thechamp87

lol@not having DBC blocked on msn. madness.

Advertisement