Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are our scumbags worse than other countries scumbags?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

A typical uk scumbag:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

triple-M wrote: »
    A typical uk scumbag:D

Looks like a typical Irish farmer to me =p

Typical Welsh scumbag - http://ajanlo.kapu.hu/cardiff/24.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

Deedsie wrote: »
    Ya, apparently a day out at a Polish soccer match is like a picnic.

You're right, used to be really really bad (I lived next to a big stadium... you had to be careful) but the police clamped down hard on them together with clubs and in recent years they are mostly setting up "battles" out of town. Everything goes there, chains, knuckle dusters etc. but at least it's not in public and does not affect civilians They might be looking for opportunities abroad though, see recent Belfast trouble.

hahahaha :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Some class photos on that page.

Particular highlights are your one snogging the guy while the other bloke sucks her fingers/bites her nails for her and the bloke putting his litter on the pile on top of the bin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

herya wrote: »
    They might be looking for opportunities abroad though, see recent Belfast trouble.

Id love to see nothing more. Problem is, they wouldnt be able to tell each other apart.
    We would need to get some sort of colour coding going, maybe Orange, or red and white?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Those images of Cardiff are no worse than what you would see in Dublin esp temple bar at any given weekend.....wouldn't you agree??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

fryup wrote: »
    Those images of Cardiff are no worse than what you would see in Dublin esp temple bar at any given weekend.....wouldn't you agree??

I agree. But probably nobody is sober enough to take pics in TB!

kinda ironic,looks like his shirt says brains :D:D

• Advertisement

apart from the burberry shirt!

looks like any lads night out in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

triple-M wrote: »
    kinda ironic,looks like his shirt says brains :D:D

he's looking for his kebab;)

seems like the welsh are leading so far in the scumbag stakes

any welsh out there prepared to defend there nation??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,968 ✭✭✭DenMan

I still don't fully understood the term "scumbag" but here it goes:

When I lived in Malta there were a lot of Libyan people living there. Originally they landed by boat believing it was Italy. Then they found out and flew in, in droves. They claimed asylum and were granted access into Malta because of the close ties both nations had. They abused the system and this was before Malta joined the EU. There was mass unemployment in the country and the Liri was ridiciously high (1 liri equaled 40 cent euro)

A lot of the national embassy's in Malta were vandalised and looted and it was blamed on the Germans because they were making the decisions in Europe. Malta almost lost out on membership because of this. Tourists were robbed at the main bus station in Valletta by the Libyans. I myself had to fight off two of them one night. One of them ended up in a hospital and the other was not too far behind him. A lot of other people weren't so lucky. They are a very agressive people and the Maltese lived in constant fear of them. I was lucky that time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Your Irish scumbags are g@y compared to those I am used to in France.
    Period yours are like pvssies :eek:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Video blocked by the french government and the guy who posted it on the internet arrested.
    http://lesoir.be/special/popup_multimedia/popup_multimedia.phtml?mode=2&obj=20090407_RATP

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Video blocked by the french government and the guy who posted it on the internet arrested.
    http://lesoir.be/special/popup_multimedia/popup_multimedia.phtml?mode=2&obj=20090407_RATP

Yeah this is would be one example...
    And this one is pretty mild I am telling you. Those guys got lucky they did not use any weapons.

Many of those guys do even more crasier things like involving girls locked in a cave with a pitbull and forcing her to get some sort of interaction with the animal. They like setting up girls on fire as well, especially if she refuse to have sex this kind of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭live2thewire

no ive never really been intimitaded by scumbags here, i think many of them are horrible people who im glad i don't know but they definetly aren't the worst, not in europe anyway.

wasnt there that case in france of some muslim guys killing a jewish guy a few years back, seemed horrific.

actually maby out of all europeans our natives are the worst. most of the problems in other nations seem to be from children of immigrants, like in france where society has completely failed them after they were no longer needed for work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Typical late night drunken shenanigans from what I can make of it.

I'd be more concerned about the French authorities trying to censor it, I note too that it's hosted on a Belgian site even now.

Typical late night drunken shenanigans from what I can make of it.

I'd be more concerned about the French authorities trying to censor it, I note too that it's hosted on a Belgian site even now.

They were not drunk, although one of them probably was. This is the way they are every days. Just spend a few days in the subway in Paris and you will understand.

The French police was not trying to ban the video, it was presented in the court as an evidence, therefore they simply sacked the cop who leaked it, which is fair enough.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

That's because it's blocked in france.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

They're no different here to anywhere else...opportunistic bullies who deserve as good as they give.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

The German variety are very similar to our own except that they are usually blond, have mullet hair cuts and mustaches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Compared to other countries Ireland is tame. At least in Ireland its mainly early-mid teens who are classified as 'scumbags'. In other countries it is adults who are da scumbags- gangsters, soccer hooligans, imigrants etc. D scumbags in Ireland shudnt b called scumbags if ur comparin dem 2 scumbags in oder countries cos ireland scumbags get drunk, shout random abuse, hav a few fites and put dem up on utube and da odd time snatch a purse or wallet. In other countries d scumbags rob cars, houses, burn people, attack random people.

Which 'scumbags' wud u prefer?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

No, but they are protected far more than other countries scumbags which lets them get away with being scumbags.
    It's not the fault of the Gardaí either.
    They're held back by left wing hippies.

herya wrote: »
    I'm from Poland, been living here for a while, I don't find scumbags here that much different tbh but there are three things that made me :eek: - not used to them at all:
    - drug lords shooting each other and innocent civilians + car bombs + general drug culture acceptance
    - torching cars + regular joyriding
    - riots on bank holidays involving the Gardai intervening

All new!

Polish scumbags are much more discreet (from time to time the police find somebody in the woods... well buried) but they are big in car theft and stolen car part trade. Gun crime very (very) limited as compared to here.
    The gun thing is fairly recent, but the car bombs and the like have been around for decades.
    When we were poor, nobody could afford cocaine, so it was Cannabis and Heroin.
    The Heroin thing was limited to certain areas, so any violence linked to it was also confined to those areas. Cannabis users rarely run up enough debt to cause their dealer to use a gun.

After the good Friday agreement and the IRA laying down weapons, a lot of guns were sold on to cocaine dealing gangs and that's when the real trouble began. Former members also got involved in coke dealing and knew how to make bombs.
    The only good thing about the IRA as far as the Republic was concerned is that they kept criminal gangs under control for the most part and very few innocent people were harmed. I'm only referring to the republic, before someone jumps in and points out the obvious.

That guy just looks like he's having a bit of craic.

mick.fr wrote: »
    Your Irish scumbags are g@y compared to those I am used to in France.
    Period yours are like pvssies :eek:
    You French people certainly know how to hold a protest and I salute you for that.

I've been on the receiving end of a beating like that right here in Leixlip.
    Same deal. People just stood by and watched.
    Only difference is that it was a bunch of middle class guys who knocked the crap out of me.

Compared to other countries Ireland is tame. At least in Ireland its mainly early-mid teens who are classified as 'scumbags'. In other countries it is adults who are da scumbags- gangsters, soccer hooligans, imigrants etc. D scumbags in Ireland shudnt b called scumbags if ur comparin dem 2 scumbags in oder countries cos ireland scumbags get drunk, shout random abuse, hav a few fites and put dem up on utube and da odd time snatch a purse or wallet. In other countries d scumbags rob cars, houses, burn people, attack random people.

Which 'scumbags' wud u prefer?
    You started off well there.
    Then you began using text speak and most people here will not take you seriously if you continue to post in that manner.

I didn't bother reading past the second sentence.

Terry wrote: »
    You French people certainly know how to hold a protest and I salute you for that.

I don't know I never participated to a protest

I don't know I never participated to a protest
    Well then I salute those French people who have done.
    I'm serious. Nobody does protests like the French. You certainly do not like cake and have shown that to be true on many occasions.

You certainly do not like cake and have shown that to be true on many occasions.

I like cakes. What is your problem with all those stereotypes lol?:D
    I don't like coffee, don't eat frog, cow's tongues, brain, just saying before you start again :D

I like cakes. What is your problem with all those stereotypes lol?:D
    I don't like coffee, don't eat frog, cow's tongues, brain, just saying before you start again :D
    Ahh, it was just a reference to the first major French uprising. The one that's noteworthy in so many ways.

• Advertisement

Ahh, it was just a reference to the first major French uprising. The one that's noteworthy in so many ways.

Don't know which one do you mean there is one every year since 1789 or so :p

Advertisement