Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are our scumbags worse than other countries scumbags?

Options
  • 16-04-2009 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

Personally I don't think so. Sure they're an anti-social and lazy bunch scrounging the dole and creating a tracksuit-clad eyesore but my own opinion is they've far more room for disimprovement from our Irish (in paricular Dublin) scumbags than we might care to believe. For example, I lived in Sydney for a while there and there was some interesting areas and loutish gangs etc out, moreso there than I've experience here lately.

So anyway, I thought it'd be interesting to cobble togethers peoples international experience and maybe create an international scumbag league table with a trophy consisting of a gold plated packet of cigarettes and bottle of fanta going to the winning nation.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

The only difference is ireland being a smaller country will have less than England scotland wales and the UK as a whole simply because their is more of them .:)

Other europen countries like Poland Germany and Ukraine might be up there on top but there are great efforts by the uk goverment to tackle the booze culture which is responsible for so much of ther anti social behaviour which blights our town and citys at weekends

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Maybe there should be a scumbag Olympics to find who has the best/worst scumbags on the planet. Interesting events could include the handbag snatch and run 500 meters, 1000 meters etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭buckieburd

I think the scumbags here at quite rude, they tend to barge past you. In Scotland they are polite will hold the hold the door open for you etc but they are a bit 'stabby' if you piss them off....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

They have worse hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭deco05ie

I think the U.K has it the worst
    http://ajanlo.kapu.hu/pics.php?d=cardiff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Thrill wrote: »
    Maybe there should be a scumbag Olympics to find who has the best/worst scumbags on the planet. Interesting events could include the handbag snatch and run 500 meters, 1000 meters etc.
    Nah the winner would just be the one who stabs the others in the back for their 'Shmokes..'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

Ever see that programme "The Wire"?:eek:

Baltimore USA defintely has the worst- its like Afghanistan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

deco05ie wrote: »

The fella asleep on the bench looks like he's getting felt up by a shemale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

http://ajanlo.kapu.hu/cardiff/18.jpg
    That McLovin guy really gets around :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭narwog81

at least our scumbags are normally little skinny fella with pipe-cleaner arms.

try russian scumbags, all the same traits as ours but on steroids! then you've got trouble:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

deco05ie wrote: »

Nah, I think they just can't handle their drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭Riddle101

PK2008 wrote: »

Guy I know was in Baltimore two years ago and got held up at gun point when he and his friends were stopped at a red light. The guy stole most of their money and valuable. A little shocked from the event they decided to drive into a McDonalds to forget about the being robbed. My friend however left his wallet on the seat of his car when they went in, then some guy who obviously saw the wallet smashed the car windown in and robbed it. They were actually quite lucky cause he could have robbed the car too if if the car alarm hadn't gone off and drew attention. None the less he said it's a rough place to be and said he's never go back.

I think the scumbags in Britain are worse then here, but at least their police are able to handle the fcukers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

No, but they are protected far more than other countries scumbags which lets them get away with being scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Guy I know was in Baltimore two years ago and got held up at gun point when he and his friends were stopped at a red light. The guy stole most of their money and valuable. A little shocked from the event they decided to drive into a McDonalds to forget about the being robbed. My friend however left his wallet on the seat of his car when they went in, then some guy who obviously saw the wallet smashed the car windown in and robbed it. They were actually quite lucky cause he could have robbed the car too if if the car alarm hadn't gone off and drew attention. None the less he said it's a rough place to be and said he's never go back.

I think the scumbags in Britain are worse then here, but at least their police are able to handle the fcukers

An Gardai dont really deal with our scum bags that well, some of whom came over here with the Tans and decided to stick around.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Latchy wrote: »
    The only difference is ireland being a smaller country will have less than England scotland wales and the UK as a whole simply because their is more of them .:)

Other europen countries like Poland Germany and Ukraine might be up there on top but there are great efforts by the uk goverment to tackle the booze culture which is responsible for so much of ther anti social behaviour which blights our town and citys at weekends

I don't believe that for a second.
    Take the booze away and the anti-social behaviour would continue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Scumbags in England and France are in particular, far worse than our home-grown variety.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

+1

French scumbags are the worst in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭mac_iomhair

worst scumbags has to be scotland!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

The Neds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

worst scumbags has to be scotland!

What? They're delightful chaps. Even their violence has an upbeat, happy slant on it, such as the Glasgow smile, or Glasgow kiss. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Eastern European scumbags are the scummiest of the lot. I saw a video of some innocent old man getting his face bashed in with a sledgehammer by a group of Latvians.

Worst thing I've ever seen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Curse you Mr Lizard, you cunning thing you, with your sexy lady Avatar. You have me confused darn you.

In answer to your thoughtful question though, it depends on your definition of a scumbag, there are quite a few scumbags walking the corridors in the Leinster House, Anglo, B of I etc etc.....

Otherwise, it is all relative to poverty levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭zig

I lived in Sydney, and worked in the west of the city where all the rougher suburbs are, so there were spots with alot of scum bags, and I can assure you all scum is the same, they used tear around in their automatics with the caps facing up blasting out sh1t hip hop, and would often shout across at the street at you if they were bored. If anything they seemed a bit tougher...

And im from Limerick:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

while are sumbags are bad, they really arent anything compared to anything ive seen in Oakland Cali. That place is pure hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

I'm from Poland, been living here for a while, I don't find scumbags here that much different tbh but there are three things that made me :eek: - not used to them at all:
    - drug lords shooting each other and innocent civilians + car bombs + general drug culture acceptance
    - torching cars + regular joyriding
    - riots on bank holidays involving the Gardai intervening

All new!

Polish scumbags are much more discreet (from time to time the police find somebody in the woods... well buried) but they are big in car theft and stolen car part trade. Gun crime very (very) limited as compared to here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

herya wrote: »
    I'm from Poland, been living here for a while, I don't find scumbags here that much different tbh but there are three things that made me :eek: - not used to them at all:
    - drug lords shooting each other and innocent civilians + car bombs + general drug culture acceptance
    - torching cars + regular joyriding
    - riots on bank holidays involving the Gardai intervening

All new!

Polish scumbags are much more discreet (from time to time the police find somebody in the woods... well buried) but they are big in car theft and stolen car part trade. Gun crime very (very) limited as compared to here.

Ya, apparently a day out at a Polish soccer match is like a picnic.

Fair few scumbags there.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭MonkeyBalls

PK2008 wrote: »

Oh? Do tell.

Do tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence#Homicides_by_country

I guess the Colombians are the heavyweights

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

herya wrote: »
    car bombs .

Should have been here in the 70's/80's, that was just mad wasnt it Ted?

Advertisement