Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

so i was talking to a polish girl last night

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

so i was talking to a polish girl last night

Did she polish off well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

her bf is a jack of all trades sort of guy, i asked have they any plans to go home what with the euros there in 2012 so perhaps possibility of employment. she informs me that the chinese are there in their bucket loads. that got me thinking i never seen in ireland any chinese(asians) on building sites or anything.

*btw chinese are the biggest number of asians in ireland so thats why i think of an asian person as chinese, although i can definetly notice differences between different asians*

A company called Tricastle (now defunct) ran a crew of Chinese concrete workers on Bernard McNamaras Elm Park project (Allianz' new office is there)

so, for the record, quite a few Chinese construction workers are in Ireland and have been for years.

Whats your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

You mean...chips with gravy aren't Chinese??? :eek:

Maybe bum gravy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

How did they get So much Custard out of such a small cat???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Terry wrote: »
    Yeas, I know it has already been done, but I went to the trouble of copying it, so I'm posting it.

Also, reference for those who don't get it and decide to report posts on the grounds of racism.

Damnit, I missed a reference from Big Lebowski...a film I actually like.
    I hate missing references.

/seppuku

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

The first chinese people apparently arrived in Ireland in 1800.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

BumbleB wrote: »
    The first chinese people apparently arrived in Ireland in 1800.

Their chippers must have faced major problems during the potato famine years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭newmills

Barname wrote: »
    A company called Tricastle (now defunct) ran a crew of Chinese concrete workers on Bernard McNamaras Elm Park project (Allianz' new office is there)

so, for the record, quite a few Chinese construction workers are in Ireland and have been for years.

Whats your point?

I remember those lads all working out in intel. Good workers and good lads - always gave the oul wave to you in the morning and when they finished up.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Barname wrote: »

Whats your point?

I had the same work crew with me on apartments in Rathfarnham.
    They're usually shuttering chippies or concrete finishers.
    I've come across a lot of Chinese on a lot of sites in the last five years. Black people too. Mostly security, some in plastering and plenty in engineering too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

m@cc@ wrote: »
    Will all our Chinese move to Poland too? I'd find it all a bit dis-orientating.

Funniest post I've ever seen in after-hours. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

Mr.Lizard wrote: »
    Their chippers must have faced major problems during the potato famine years.

I meant to say 1900 thanks for pointing it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

same with black people though, all the black people i ever see are either young or in business suits or taxi drivers. never ever seen any on a building site.
    cos their lazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Pop's Diner

So was she hot? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

They are also ninjas

nope, ninjas are japanese.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,308 ✭✭✭✭Victor

mupchease wrote: »
    cos their lazy
    This is rather interesting as any black people I've seen on a contruction site have been working, as well as anyone else.

Advertisement