Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

so i was talking to a polish girl last night

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

gobo99 wrote: »
    Dude, chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American, please.

Asian american? WTF?
    Surely asian or chinese would suffice?

As for asians on building sites...was out doing the clubhouse at luttrelstown golf club last year and there was a team of chinese pretending to be plasterers. Hard working guys but lacked the skills required. As for africans on sites? Usually only cleaners and as I've said before, any of them that do work on sites are usually the laziest bunch of no-good time wasters I've ever worked beside...only the women will do a bit of graft...all the men do is complain and sit about smoking.,

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Did you score or what?!

Title doesnt fit thread :\

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

togster wrote: »
    All chinamen are students.

the chinamen is not the issue here, togster

• Registered Users Posts: 8,388 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Funny that the Polish think the Chinese are taking their jobs, and some Irish think the Polish are taking our, you know there a simple solution to this, it's called a burning cross and it worked well in the 30's up to the 60's.

Seems the Chineses are getting even larger by the dozen, my Granny was right they are gonna take over the world.

But seriously interesting stuff none the less, I have to agree though I never see any asians in the building industry or any trade for that matter, they always seem to be more associated to Information Technology and such.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Wertz wrote: »
    Asian american? WTF?

You'd make a great fish I'd say, with the ease you took that bait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

OP, was she hot? Did you put one in her stink?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

5starpool wrote: »
    You'd make a great fish I'd say, with the ease you took that bait.

You'll have to excuse me for not being up to speed on the latest AH who's who list of trolls, re-regs and dicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

No way that has to be bullshit!:eek:

no, its true. i had the misfortune of hearing it. i think it was a duet with eternal or something....*shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

gobo99 wrote: »
    Dude, chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American, please.

We are not talking about the people who built the goddamn railroad walter

They stole my rug man

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Funny that the Polish think the Chinese are taking their jobs, and some Irish think the Polish are taking our....

And the Americans know we took theirs.... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭live2thewire

my mum once heard two old hags on a bus in munich talking about how 'third worlders like the turks and irish are taking there jabs' true story.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭jiltloop

my mum once heard two old hags on a bus in munich talking about how 'third worlders like the turks and irish are taking there jabs' true story.
    Did the 2 old hags have nice jabs? Were they worth taking or even worth copping a feel?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

She's right, a damn irishman took my job I think his name was paddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Those bloody Irish.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Did you get her number and was she better looking than Irish women?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Degsy wrote: »
    You see plenty of them hanging around outside Dr Quirkeys in O'connell st too!

Very true!!! Bloody pisses me off, cause they look like they are up to no good:mad:
    netwhizkid wrote: »
    I wonder where will it stop if the Indians and the Chinese are coming to Eastern Europe and the Irish are going to america and oz will this mean the yanks and aussies will end up in China and India:confused:
    ROFLMAO:D
    Dord wrote: »
    I saw a van the other day in Dublin belonging to a Chinese building company based in Dublin. I think they were call Xin Xing Builders? :confused:
    LOL... no way!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Dord wrote: »
    I saw a van the other day in Dublin belonging to a Chinese building company based in Dublin. I think they were call Xin Xing Builders? :confused:

They build great walls!.

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

I've never seen a Polish guy work in a Chinese takeaway...whats your point?

strangely enough i have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭book smarts

We should have open borders and let in as many immigrants as want to come here. They can then undercut all Irish workers and send the majority of their wages back to their home countries. As long as they are "paying tax" here (and spending a minimum) they will be a "net benefit to the economy", isn't that right? Anyone who objects will be branded a nazi and told that we are obliged to help these people, so shut up and tough luck. If you don't like it you can go on slave wages too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

neil_hosey wrote: »
    strangely enough i have.

Yup me too. Do you ever notice how little you see Chinese people buying food from a Chinese though? Even if all the staff are Chinese?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Yup me too. Do you ever notice how little you see Chinese people buying food from a Chinese though? Even if all the staff are Chinese?

You'll find if there are Chinese people in a Chinese restaurant, they will have a different menu too.

m@cc@ wrote: »
    You'll find if there are Chinese people in a Chinese restaurant, they will have a different menu too.

With all the REAL Chinese dishes on it, not the joke ones they make up to take the piss out of us gullible Westerners

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

With all the REAL Chinese dishes on it, not the joke ones they make up to take the piss out of us gullible Westerners

To an extent, yes. It's all catered to the Western pallette.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Latchy wrote: »
    The chinese are all on the Russian building sites and apparently hard grafters ,working all hrs in bitter conditions on a low wage . Many Russians object to them working there and treat them with utter contempt and some get beaten up to .

Wheres? Jackie Chan or Jet Lee when you need them.
    Why don't they Kung Fu the Ruskies asses?.

m@cc@ wrote: »
    To an extent, yes. It's all catered to the Western pallette.

You mean...chips with gravy aren't Chinese??? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Chinamen?What are you,Alan Partridge?
    Wertz wrote: »
    Asian american? WTF?

As for asians on building sites...was out doing the clubhouse at luttrelstown golf club last year and there was a team of chinese pretending to be plasterers. Hard working guys but lacked the skills required. As for africans on sites? Usually only cleaners and as I've said before, any of them that do work on sites are usually the laziest bunch of no-good time wasters I've ever worked beside...only the women will do a bit of graft...all the men do is complain and sit about smoking.,
    The Dude: Walter, what is the point? Look, we all know who is at fault here, what the **** are you talking about?
    Walter Sobchak: Huh? No, what the **** are you... I'm not... We're talking about unchecked aggression here, dude.
    Donny: What the **** is he talking about?
    The Dude: My rug.
    Walter Sobchak: Forget it, Donny, you're out of your element!
    The Dude: Walter, the chinaman who peed on my rug, I can't go give him a bill, so what the **** are you talking about?
    Walter Sobchak: What the **** are you talking about? The chinaman is not the issue here, Dude. I'm talking about drawing a line in the sand, Dude. Across this line, you DO NOT... Also, Dude, chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American, please.
    The Dude: Walter, this isn't a guy who built the railroads here. This is a guy...
    Walter Sobchak: What the **** are you...?
    The Dude: Walter, he peed on my rug!
    Donny: He peed on the Dude's rug.
    Walter Sobchak: Donny you're out of your element! Dude, the Chinaman is not the issue here!
    Yeas, I know it has already been done, but I went to the trouble of copying it, so I'm posting it.

Also, reference for those who don't get it and decide to report posts on the grounds of racism.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

You mean...chips with gravy aren't Chinese??? :eek:

haha... ye, ive never seen chinese in a chinese restaurant EXCEPT on parnell street, which im pretty sure is now china town. The menu looks weird, no chicken balls or nothin..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭BertrandMeyer

i think they always seem to come here. they are coming to their bucket loads. that the men do work on building sites or is not the laziest bunch of us greedy sons of employment.
    i can definetly notice differences between different asians. i wonder where will this mean the euros there in university/school , as they are going to eastern europe and oz will do work on sites? lol think of no-good time wasters i've ever see any chinese(asians) on the net, all the men do is complain and sit about smoking.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

This thread contains within it many of the reasons I heart After Hours.

Yiz make me laugh yiz mad baxtards.

Advertisement