Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

so i was talking to a polish girl last night

Options
  • 15-04-2009 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭

her bf is a jack of all trades sort of guy, i asked have they any plans to go home what with the euros there in 2012 so perhaps possibility of employment. she informs me that the chinese are there in their bucket loads. that got me thinking i never seen in ireland any chinese(asians) on building sites or anything.

*btw chinese are the biggest number of asians in ireland so thats why i think of an asian person as chinese, although i can definetly notice differences between different asians*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

All chinamen are students.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Will all our Chinese move to Poland too? I'd find it all a bit dis-orientating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭bobbyjoe

Whats your point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

They are all working in the Chinese food joints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

The chinese are all on the Russian building sites and apparently hard grafters ,working all hrs in bitter conditions on a low wage . Many Russians object to them working there and treat them with utter contempt and some get beaten up to .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭live2thewire

same with black people though, all the black people i ever see are either young or in business suits or taxi drivers. never ever seen any on a building site.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

same with black people though, all the black people i ever see are either young or in business suits or taxi drivers. never ever seen any on a building site.

How often are you on building sites?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭live2thewire

ive been know to gander around them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

You see plenty of them hanging around outside Dr Quirkeys in O'connell st too!

ive been know to gander around them

Goose-step?

• Advertisement

Young or in business suits??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

They worked like blacks you know*.

*Pun on Mary O'Rourke

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

m@cc@ wrote: »
    Young or in business suits??

Being Young obviously is some sort of profession

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

I've never seen a Polish guy work in a Chinese takeaway...whats your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,510 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

When the Poles lost many of their skilled workers to us greedy sons of guns they imported new ones from China and the Indian subcontinent. It seems every country goes through a phase of getting a chance to moan about foreigners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

I wonder where will it stop if the Indians and the Chinese are coming to Eastern Europe and the Irish are going to america and oz will this mean the yanks and aussies will end up in China and India:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

How often are you on building sites?

Where would you find a building site in Ireland ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I saw a van the other day in Dublin belonging to a Chinese building company based in Dublin. I think they were call Xin Xing Builders? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Where would you find a building site in Ireland ?

There are plenty of people living in em:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Nearly every black person I've met in Galway has been a university graduate or is in university/school.

Never had a taxi driver who I wasn't able to talk about some form of higher education with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

togster wrote: »
    Chinamen?What are you,Alan Partridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

think your onto something lads if we keep pushing hard enough we might find out how to turn chinamen into gold and polish men into jobs!!

Chinamen?What are you,Alan Partridge?

Curly, black and kinky.......

Take a dash of whiteman,...

Take a dash of whiteman,...

lol, I've just seen on Google that Boyzone did a cover of Melting Pot, that's got to be b******.

lol, I've just seen on Google that Boyzone did a cover of Melting Pot, that's got to be b******.
    No way that has to be bullshit!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

Dude, chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American, please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

They are also ninjas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

The chinese are still tired from building the railroads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

<Geordie accent> You're all right with that, like, because it's a race of people, and it's a food.

Advertisement