Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone in the new pub The bitter end?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

jackncoke wrote: »
    I was there Sunday night for a drink,have a quick look,my thoughts exactly..wont be going back
    Thought you'd be into the kids jackncock?? :0 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

TheLoc wrote: »
    Thought you'd be into the kids jackncock?? :0 :)

jackncock? :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

anyone else in there yet?i gave it a chance again saturday night and it was even worse,more scummy.left after 15min :( such a waste of a good pub and good value

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

anyone else in there yet?i gave it a chance again saturday night and it was even worse,more scummy.left after 15min :( such a waste of a good pub and good value

TBH - it's the value that attracts the scummier, more pints for you dole, and all that bull.

IMO if your old enough to enter a pub you should have learned this lesson by now.

well im sure the decent pub going people would like a good value pub also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Paulegend wrote: »
    snip

You could get boards in trouble for saying stuff like that

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

jackncoke wrote: »
    You could get boards in trouble for saying stuff like that
    dont talk about legal stuff here. it results in a siteban. The post has been reported, and a limerick mod will deal with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

zuroph wrote: »
    dont talk about legal stuff here. it results in a siteban. The post has been reported, and a limerick mod will deal with it

ah crap please dont ban me again

Im not a mod on limerick city forum. but a bit of advice, be very careful what you say on a forum, anything you say counts as publishing and can cause all manner of problems.
    An Smod has snipped ur post, i expect no more will come of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

ok ill be sure to watch wat i say in future. thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭mark1974

I was in there a few weeks back and called a bottle of Bud and a bottle of Heineken. The bottle of Bud was from a multi~pack.(330ml). It says not to be sold separately:eek:

Maybe that's why they are so cheap.;)

20 bottles in Supervalu at the moment costs €16.99
    20 bottles in Bitter End cost €60.00 = nice little earner.
    We wont even go into the legality side of it:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

A beer is a beer dude, we all know how much it costs in an off licence!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

A beer is a beer dude, we all know how much it costs in an off licence!!

I'm appalled a beer is not a beer you cant tell me Bud is the same as heino. :P

mark1974 wrote: »
    I was in there a few weeks back and called a bottle of Bud and a bottle of Heineken. The bottle of Bud was from a multi~pack.(330ml). It says not to be sold separately:eek:

Maybe that's why they are so cheap.;)

20 bottles in Supervalu at the moment costs €16.99
    20 bottles in Bitter End cost €60.00 = nice little earner.

With that know how,you should be running a pub

mark1974 wrote: »
    Please do!

i was walking past there last wednesday and they must have been some trouble the guards were there.by the looks of it bottles were after being fired out the windows of the smoking area.crowd seemed young so must have been a grads crowd

Was there on Thursday for my own grads and even though I was sceptical about the place cos of boards I really enjoyed it. Good laugh, good music and even though it was a young crowd they were grand...nearly all villiers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

OK, I know I am dragging up an old thread here but I was in the pub for a quick drink on Saturday and what a sh1thole that place is. No taps, hardly any furniture, slot machines, only a few shaven headed customers (I know I will get given out to for this one!), 3 burly bouncers and now 3.20 or 3.40 a bottle! False advertising or what??!

What this pub is doing is anyone’s guess but it’s hardly making money – I wonder is it a front for some other activity? I doubt any of the businesses on Bedford Row are happy that the bar is there, and how they have a licence is anyone’s guess. The LVA should really not stand for this – they are spending a fortune on radio adds trying to entice people back into pubs and a place like this only ruins the good name of publicans in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Firefox10

That is what i was thinking. How is this dump allowed to Function in the city centre. I thought they were trying to encourge people into the city centre?? Bedford row is mostly been vandalised now from what i can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Firefox10 wrote: »
    Bedford row is mostly been vandalised now from what i can see.
    Nice generalisation. Apart from the Harris statue being vandalised, which was before this pub opened in any case, where is the vandalism occuring on Bedford Row?

• Advertisement

Bedford row and Thomas are street are nice but for a pedristian street its too cluttered with poles,signs,bollards its not open enough if that makes sense

I think Bedford row is too wide actually. Cruises street is a nice width.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

@ Tom Collins.....

What bar do you work for?????

This is Limerick not New York where the mafia may be involved in bars and clubs.. ha

It`s advertised as a bottle bar!!!
    People advertise new business!:D

Man you need to get a life, shaved heads and burly bouncers.
    What hair Style do you have?

Biggest pile of piss I`ve heard in a while:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Bedford row is perfect, although the bitter end just ruins it, a more classy pub would be much better for there! Loads of space outside too for tables and chairs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

@ Tom Collins.....

What bar do you work for?????

I don't.
    This is Limerick not New York where the mafia may be involved in bars and clubs.. ha

It`s advertised as a bottle bar!!!
    People advertise new business!:D

It is also advertised as all drink €3 which is not the case when you walk in the door
    Man you need to get a life, shaved heads and burly bouncers.
    What hair Style do you have?

I have a life and a nicely shaven head. Just surprised to see so many of my kind in one place ;)
    Biggest pile of piss I`ve heard in a while:D

Right back at you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Firefox10

Aidric wrote: »
    Nice generalisation. Apart from the Harris statue being vandalised, which was before this pub opened in any case, where is the vandalism occuring on Bedford Row?

Last time i was down there it looked like someone had attempted up uproot one of those stone bollards/seats. No mean feat as they look like fairly sturdy structures!! they were also cracked or large chunks of stone chipped off them. I don't know, this was a while ago so maybe they have repaired them since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

The Bitter End has had a make over, My friend was in there last night and said there still is a bit of work to be done but it looks much better. I will pop in there on Sunday and have a look, I never had a problem with the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I passed this place this morning. They have done a very decent job on the outside of it. Nice paint job and a proper outside seating area.

who is running the place now?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

who is running the place now?

i think its still Decky Dillon running it.

are they still selling the party pack bottles??(that arent suppose to be resold:rolleyes:)

Advertisement