Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone in the new pub The bitter end?

Options
  • 14-04-2009 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

anyone else in the new pub?went in sunday night and was disappointed.the bottles for 3 euro was the only good thing.no pints wtf???,crowd was 50/50 alot in for a look but it was pretty scummy and full of chavs and trash.music was all "choons" and r n b.pity could be a nice spot maybe after a while they will fix the crowd and music

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭godfrey

where is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

godfrey wrote: »
    where is it?

It is on the corner of Bedford Row, the former Nevada Smith's bar.

Cheap drink will always attract skangers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

im not a skanger but like some good value.plenty of people would leave 3 euro a bottle are decent.a skanger would pay any price for a pint if they will get served

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

What? I thought that was a gay pub. they don't sell pints, they sell cocktails. Plus the owners are a gay couple that own a flower shop on thomas street (I think its thomas street).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

bazz26 wrote: »
    Cheap drink will always attract skangers.

Ah fond memories of Fedury Burkes and a pound a bottle of luke warm bud or schlitz and the riot that ensued ad caused its closing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭The Bull O'Shea

anyone else in the new pub?went in sunday night and was disappointed.the bottles for 3 euro was the only good thing.no pints wtf???,crowd was 50/50 alot in for a look but it was pretty scummy and full of chavs and trash.music was all "choons" and r n b.pity could be a nice spot maybe after a while they will fix the crowd and music

Chavs, we dont live in Britain. Stop using their slang

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Ah fond memories of Fedury Burkes and a pound a bottle of luke warm bud or schlitz and the riot that ensued ad caused its closing.

I was in Fedury Burkes the night of the Riot (or A riot) not sure if it was the same one.
    All hell broke loose, People were bottled and Knives were pulled.
    I was oblivious to the start of it as I was shifting some girl out the back at the time,
    I later found out same girls ex was involved in the violence, dont remember
    meeting up with her again.

The story I first heard (probably untrue) on the night was Bartender short changed some skumbag by mistake, SkumBag tried to bottle bartender, some other fight broke out, Before ya know it Knives were pulled and the Cops were called. Even on the night there was talk about 3 stabbings and 7 bottle'ings, although I did not see this happen
    as there was just crowds in brawls and you could not see who was in the middle,

When the dust settled I remember Both Male and Female's covered in blood at the end of the night and the Gardai searching people going out the door.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

They dont sell pints...................... :eek: :eek: :eek:

I was there too, i was too obliterated to remember, i vaguely remember bottles flying back and forth across the dance floor. Fed b's was grand before the summer, they only let students in, ID was strictly enforced. in summer everyone got in, they'd the beer garden as well, i remember i worked in Ted Castles and every friday and saturday night you'd have young fellas going through the old coal yard to hop the wall, thus avoiding the bouncers and id check. It went downhill from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

TheLoc wrote: »
    What? I thought that was a gay pub. they don't sell pints, they sell cocktails. Plus the owners are a gay couple that own a flower shop on thomas street (I think its thomas street).

It was a gay bar when it was 'Bar 3' I don't think it's a gay bar now but I'm 100% sure on that. Might drop in there the weekend to see what it is like.

• Advertisement

It was a gay bar when it was 'Bar 3' I don't think it's a gay bar now but I'm 100% sure on that. Might drop in there the weekend to see what it is like.

Is it not Deccie Dilan running the place now?far from gay...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

jackncoke wrote: »
    Is it not Deccie Dilan running the place now?far from gay...

used to be the gay bar,which moved to riddler's, now it's the old mojo's crowd that's going down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

And TED's is gone so downhill its lying at the bottom of the ocean!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Any word of Daffys opening again?

foinse wrote: »
    used to be the gay bar,which moved to riddler's, now it's the old mojo's crowd that's going down there.

I meant that deccie dilan is far from being one part of a gay couple who owned the place,as in a previous poster had suggested.

Is Bob running riddlers now so?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Plus the owners are a gay couple that own a flower shop on thomas street (I think its thomas street).
    Deccie Dillon is running it alright, I don't know who the owners are. Passed it on Sunday night there round nine o clock and there was a good crowd in.

I heard the owners are the couple who own that flower shop on catherine street. I wasn't sure about it until I heard they didn't serve pints and they make cocktails. also the fact that it used to be gay and a guy that works with me is a raging gay has been there once that I know about (only passing). but I can't say for sure. When I seen the add on the paper I presumed it was because it looked a bit on the other side. but anyway I can't say for sure since i've never been there and don't know anyone else who's been there and confirmed it was a gat place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭The Bull O'Shea

I heard the owners are the couple who own that flower shop on catherine street. I wasn't sure about it until I heard they didn't serve pints and they make cocktails. also the fact that it used to be gay and a guy that works with me is a raging gay has been there once that I know about (only passing). but I can't say for sure. When I seen the add on the paper I presumed it was because it looked a bit on the other side. but anyway I can't say for sure since i've never been there and don't know anyone else who's been there and confirmed it was a gat place.

Ha Ha, how is he "raging" gay?

Haha you know what I mean. he looks like that fella out of little britain only he doesn't wear such revealing clothes (in my presence anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Haha you know what I mean. he looks like that fella out of little britain only he doesn't wear such revealing clothes (in my presence anyway).

Andy?

• Advertisement

Roadend wrote: »
    Andy?
    haha no i'm afraid not. I don't know any Andy's

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Andy in Little Britain

Oh yea sorry. didn't know his name. I thought it was davitt actually. the welsh lad

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

The 'Andy' is not gay in Little Britain, he's the guy in the wheelchair. Daffyd is the gay character.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Aaaany-way. I was in there last weekend. For about 6 minutes, 5 of which were waiting for a drink. Full of knackers and kids.

concussion wrote: »
    Aaaany-way. I was in there last weekend. For about 6 minutes, 5 of which were waiting for a drink. Full of knackers and kids.

I was there Sunday night for a drink,have a quick look,my thoughts exactly..wont be going back

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭froodie

Don't think it'll be around long anyway. God I hope not. It looks a wreck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Apparently the bottles are all close to sell by date and the spirits are watered down and that's why it' so cheap.

So maybe it's only temporary so he can get rid of all the drink he had since Mojos and will close up when it's gone.

Apparently the bottles are all close to sell by date.

Thats what Fedury burkes did and they got a few months out of it, could';ve been more only for the Riot.

• Advertisement

Apparently the bottles are all close to sell by date and the spirits are watered down and that's why it' so cheap.

So maybe it's only temporary so he can get rid of all the drink he had since Mojos and will close up when it's gone.

Watered down spirits?ive worked in alot of pubs and still have to come across this

Advertisement