Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AZBOX /Elite / HD / Premium

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭jimmyjim11

OpenSpa 3.2
    any know a good epg down loader for it ?
    crossepg is not in download plugins
    mostly used for uk channels

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

I am having an issue using my android remote control now as i have changed from a long ethernet cable to the box to an aldi medion wireless receiver and short lan cable setup. The ip address of the box is listed as 192.168.10.100 but it wont connect to the android remote using that address.
    Should i force a different fixed ip address?http://www.octaval.com/web/products/azremote/

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭doogb

Hi,

I've an AZ Pemium STB running on original firmware using azboxepg.

Before xmas I started to get the errors when I try an load the epg.
    e.g.
    wget: server returned error 403: xxxx-1.1 403 Forbidden
    Can't find the 'rytec.channels.xml' file

Does anyone know if azboxepg no long works or if any of the information below has changed ?

# 2. Download the sources and channel information
    RYT_URL=xxxx.rytec.be/tools
    RYT_SOURCES=rytec.sources.xml
    RYT_CHANNELS=rytec.channels.xml
    RYT_CHANNELS_ZIP=$RYT_CHANNELS.gz

Thanks,
    Brian.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,721 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

OpenATV have excluded Az boxes from their newest software 5.0. 4.2 and earlier versions should still work.

Google translate.

We must also saying goodbye by systems that we no longer support with openATV 5.0

Azbox me

Azbox minime

Azbox HD / Pro / Elite

The development was stopped by the manufacturer as us

the kernel issues we currently can not solve power,

we regret the Azboxen setting.

Sorry, we find no wants to help with or information are not known to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭skydish79

Hi does anybody know of anyone or any store that repairs azbox

Anybody know how much they charge

Have booting error

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

Hi Skydish79.

is it stuck at "BOOTING" or do you have the dreaded zboot (1) failed error? The latter needs JTAG.

Have you tried recovery using YAMON? (using a USB data cable like the nokia CA-42)?

see some threads on Satpimps.
    http://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?161827-AZBox-HD-Booting-problem-when-loading-OpenRSI-2-1-%28from-3-0%29-solved
    http://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?149521-How-to-recover-azbox-stuck-in-booting

If box needs JTAG , then you are talking hardware mods and a long time to recovery.

http://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?140894-JTAG-anyone-get-it-to-work-fully-%28technical-discussion%29
    http://skatbg.net/Azbox/Docs/EN%20-%20How%20to%20recover%20a%20booting%20blocked%20Azbox%20-%20v1.3.pdf

I doubt you'll find a repair shop, and any user that can do this (without any guarantee) might do it for a fee. Not sure there is anyone in Ireland tho..

Hi Skydish79.

is it stuck at "BOOTING" or do you have the dreaded zboot (1) failed error? The latter needs JTAG.

Have you tried recovery using YAMON? (using a USB data cable like the nokia CA-42)?

see some threads on Satpimps.
    http://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?161827-AZBox-HD-Booting-problem-when-loading-OpenRSI-2-1-%28from-3-0%29-solved
    http://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?149521-How-to-recover-azbox-stuck-in-booting

If box needs JTAG , then you are talking hardware mods and a long time to recovery.

http://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?140894-JTAG-anyone-get-it-to-work-fully-%28technical-discussion%29
    http://skatbg.net/Azbox/Docs/EN%20-%20How%20to%20recover%20a%20booting%20blocked%20Azbox%20-%20v1.3.pdf

I doubt you'll find a repair shop, and any user that can do this (without any guarantee) might do it for a fee. Not sure there is anyone in Ireland tho..

Thanks for the links, have downloaded the recovery pdf's on a few sites

Just the "booting" error, tried loading original firmware via usb stick/hdd no luck

Have ordered this from ebay http://www.ebay.ie/itm/261699710869?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 , hoping I have ordered the correct one

Found one guy in England on ebay that repairs them, but its around €50-€60

How does that nokia ca 42 cable work , I have a nokia ca 53 cable somewhere, not sure what area of azbox it connects to

Hi,

ok, when you only have booting, you might be able to flash back to recovery image and then flash a new E2 image.

The key is using the correct steps and the correct tools.
    Its far from easy. and even seasoned Azbox HD users have bricked they boxes. some guys on openatv are trying a new Image for the Premium boxes and lost two in the processes. Hopefully they can be jtagged and used for further testing.

As for the data cable, you need to do some reading about pin and connector layouts on the box.

There are plenty of threads on satpimps.

Also there is the MAT tool - Morleys Admin Tool, that can be used to reflash the E2 image once you have YAMON running..

I don't have a Premium or Premium+, so I'm not speaking from experience.. just being an Axbox ME user that is reading a lot of the German speaking E2 forums.

mmm, I could be best waiting to see if anybody can actually repair it and load e2 onto it

skydish79 wrote: »
    mmm, I could be best waiting to see if anybody can actually repair it and load e2 onto it

If you are not 100% comfortable doing this, get a repair guy.

• Advertisement

If you are not 100% comfortable doing this, get a repair guy.

Yeah think its probably best, can manage repairing the dreamboxes, this just seems a step too far

Just need to find someone that can in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭jimmyjim11

@SKYd
    I did it on a premium used a RS232connection took me along time to figure it out but got there,
    lost a few hairs it think
    doesn't take long if you know how to do it
    but that's the problem
    think if you can login to yamon and get

zboot (1) failed

you might have problems

had to send mine back one time for repair under warranty

Im waiting to hear back from http://electronicpartner.ie/ , hoping they might be able to help

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Having problems with Azbox elite remote, new batteries and remote does not work,when it does every button press mutes / un mutes.
    Azctrl app on android works fine, firmware issue or dodgy remote i wonder?
    Anyone know where i could get a cheap replacement, hmsat has one for €25 for a premium model which will probably work right?
    Thanks in advance for any help.

P.s. I am on original fw 0.9.5402, where can i download the previous or newer firmware if one exists?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭john_graydon

Have done mine a few times with a cable i made up.
    Are you in Dublin ? Skydish

Have done mine a few times with a cable i made up.
    Are you in Dublin ? Skydish

Hi working in balbriggan, what part of dublin are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Solaris10

skydish79 wrote: »
    Hi working in balbriggan, what part of dublin are you in?

hi i can try, i recovered mine once with USB UART cable...

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭john_graydon

Did you sort it, sorry just seen your reply now. PM me if you need help.
    In Baldoyle

Did you sort it, sorry just seen your reply now. PM me if you need help.
    In Baldoyle

Hi yeah solaris was gent fixed it for me

• Registered Users Posts: 6 13x025

Has anyone tried the new Open ATV 5.1 nightly images...?
    (I'm not allowed to post URL-s, so, please, remove the white spaces )
    goo .gl /q5awvn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

13x025 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the new Open ATV 5.1 nightly images...?
    (I'm not allowed to post URL-s, so, please, remove the white spaces )
    goo .gl /q5awvn

I thought I heard they were no longer developing for the AZBoxes...

gtg60 wrote: »
    I thought I heard they were no longer developing for the AZBoxes...

Exactly!

I heard the same!
    I was just browsing through some old bookmarks... clicked on this link... and surprise: OpenATV 5.1 for Azbox Elite HD...
    ...that's why I posted the previous question...

These 5.1 nightly builds are ~10MB larger than the previous 4.2 ones.
    I assume a 512MB DOM is a must!

I got it a few days ago. It is actually about 17 MB bigger than the most recent 4.2 versions (for the Premium). I have a 4 GB DOM.

I find all the versions much the same, although I only use the AzBox for 4:2:2 feeds. I have it looped through my other receiver which I use to drive the motor.

But this one is able to play some movie clips which I had FTP'd to the box and which were sound only on the 4.2 version.

I posted the information from their forum a good while back that the 5 version would not be available for the AzBox. They have obviously changed their minds.

Well, I jumped in with both feet...
    I Installed this file: openatv-5.1-azboxhd-20150819_azup.zip
    My receiver is an Elite HD.
    The install went fine. The receiver rebooted itself and a progress indicator appeared on the VFD: Loading 0%... Loading 20% ... Loading 49% and then, it got stuck there.
    30 minutes later I turned it off... and then on again. It froze at "Loading 49%"... again.
    There was nothing on the screen, I couldn't ping the device either...

It was time to go back... :-(

Version 4.2 - with the same date - (openatv-4.2-azboxhd-20150819_azup.zip) acted virtually the same: the receiver stopped at 49%, but 10-15 seconds later the OpenATV splash screen has appeared, and a few seconds after that a TV channel has appeared also.
    It's been working!

I posted about this problem on the official opena. tv forum... there is no answer yet.

Conclusion: If you own an Elite HD do not install OpenATV 5.1 just yet...!

The reason there is a 5.1 image is because an openatv forum member modified the azbox mediasink to work with gststreamer 1.x.
    The reason the image is bigger is due to inclusion of the mrua line that weren't included before. They are needed if you wanted to use azplay for movies. Azbox driver have a bug that you can't play wmv files using normal media player (via gstreamer) in any image. But azplay using the sigma mrua libs can play wmv.

/wd

• Registered Users Posts: 1 freebet1

Well, I jumped in with both feet...
    I Installed this file: openatv-5.1-azboxhd-20150819_azup.zip
    My receiver is an Elite HD.
    The install went fine. The receiver rebooted itself and a progress indicator appeared on the VFD: Loading 0%... Loading 20% ... Loading 49% and then, it got stuck there.
    30 minutes later I turned it off... and then on again. It froze at "Loading 49%"... again.
    There was nothing on the screen, I couldn't ping the device either...

It was time to go back... :-(

Version 4.2 - with the same date - (openatv-4.2-azboxhd-20150819_azup.zip) acted virtually the same: the receiver stopped at 49%, but 10-15 seconds later the OpenATV splash screen has appeared, and a few seconds after that a TV channel has appeared also.
    It's been working!

I posted about this problem on the official opena. tv forum... there is no answer yet.

Conclusion: If you own an Elite HD do not install OpenATV 5.1 just yet...!
    i have the same problem with you with image openatv-5.1.
    loading 49% got stuuck here
    how can i resolve my problem without change the image please???

I saw your question on the Satellite Universe forum and the answer

Try ext2 not ext3

This refers to the Azup screen which you should be using to update the firmware. EXT3 is chosen by default, you can change that to EXT2. See picture here.

https://www.google.ie/search?q=azup&lr=&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAWoVChMIr6XLzI3SyAIViu4aCh2eQwT-&biw=1072&bih=505#imgrc=6PMc7vlEVt1ahM%3A

I have no idea if that will solve your problem, but it is probably worth a try.

freebet1 wrote: »
    i have the same problem with you with image openatv-5.1.
    loading 49% got stuuck here
    how can i resolve my problem without change the image please???

Unfortunately I haven't been able to flash v5.1 to my Azbox... It still freezes at "Loading 49%"

I'm stuck with v4.2

You can get the latest v4.2 here (remove white-spaces): h t t p : // goo .gl / OJH1Hi

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

Unfortunately I haven't been able to flash v5.1 to my Azbox... It still freezes at "Loading 49%"

I'm stuck with v4.2

You can get the latest v4.2 here (remove white-spaces): h t t p : // goo .gl / OJH1Hi

I had Openatv 4.2 on my premium plus and I couldn't get the wifi to work. I downloaded a file from the Openatv forum and this was supposed to cure the problem.

When I rebooted the box it got as far as the Openatv screen and did nothing, I tried rebooting several times with the same result. Eventually I just left it sit there and it finished booting after about 7 or 8 minutes and the box was very slow to react to commands.

I reinstated the original file and it booted perfectly again. I don't know if this is part of the problem in that these images have this modified wifi file included or not but maybe it will help someone.

The name of the file was "networking" in the etc/init.d directory. The link is below.

http://www.opena.tv/azbox-premium-plus/8866-openatv-4-2-wifi.html

• Advertisement

I saw your question on the Satellite Universe forum and the answer

Try ext2 not ext3

This refers to the Azup screen which you should be using to update the firmware. EXT3 is chosen by default, you can change that to EXT2. See picture here.

https://www.google.ie/search?q=azup&lr=&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAWoVChMIr6XLzI3SyAIViu4aCh2eQwT-&biw=1072&bih=505#imgrc=6PMc7vlEVt1ahM%3A

I have no idea if that will solve your problem, but it is probably worth a try.

A few users on the openatv forum confirmed use of ext2 fixed their problem (hanging at 49%)

Advertisement