Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPoker Customer services - brilliant

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

i enquired off the player in question, he reckoned both players were on flush draws :)

i was trying to get you also, you were reported for chip dumping on the river when you called with A5 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭HiCloy

i enquired off the player in question, he reckoned both players were on flush draws :)

i was trying to get you also, you were reported for chip dumping on the river when you called with A5 :)

Guilty as charged, don't think I have any defense :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Yeah, you have a right to be agitated, but the chat does not paint you in a particularly pleasant light with respect. On top of which, it is easy to imagine the rep misunderstanding you first time around as your story is pretty unusual, so the "ridiculous" comment was very early in the exchange to be getting so brusque.

For information, I generally regard poker players as rude, impatient, greedy, sleep-deprived, malnourished, paranoid, moaning misanthropes until proven otherwise, so I'm not setting out to be especially confrontational to you in particular. Necessarily.

As for the substantive complaint, I've never seen this. Nor do I see how it would be a huge advantage except to good players who know how to exploit their stack. As this is 50NL, it's unlikely to have been such a player. That of course would not change it being wrong as any glitches with software are worrisome and it could easily have happened higher up (where competent players would sit out anyway if they saw this happening).

I also doubt very much this is a long-term flaw in the software and would have thought instead that some kind of one-off glitch is more likely. Have you tried to replicate it yourself?

As for the skin v. network issue, it is kinda wonky of you to be giving out stink about iPoker, when any wrongdoing regarding the lies you thought you were told are to do with the skin, not iPoker. The software glitch (if there is one) is a shared responsibility for both.

I totally agree it's a skin he's dealing with here and not ipoker.
    What I disagree with is the fact that you think that he behaved badly towards the customer service guy.Bollox imo,the op is a customer and in any other industry should expect good cs with a certain level of competence. This clearly didn't happen and he has a right to be aggrieved.
    I mean ffs he didn't say anything out of the way.
    Would you be content with this nonsense?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

sickpuppy wrote: »
    Anyone playing hu limit sngs dserves to be shafted whata horrible way to play poker.

lol, yeah i agree but.....do try a little Limit stud hi/lo sometime, there are other variants other than NLH you know.

tbh i googled their sns because i saw them day in day out when playing on ipoker, all sorts of bot talk came up in the results, so curious, I gave them a spin.

I was suspicious but maybe that's just because I read they were bots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Conbro

Originally Posted by RoundTower
    this thread is so confusing, I should be weighing in to troll someone around here but I can't figure out who

In the light of his I am a dole sponger and I'm proud of it post I reckon this Post is a good place to start

link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭kpnuts

HiCloy wrote: »
    So, PP IO STT, chip dumping by MP3 or rigged?

Lol at result

No-Limit Hold'em, $40.00 BB (9 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($2860)
    SB ($2505)
    Hero (BB) ($1165)
    UTG ($4055)
    UTG+1 ($8380)
    MP1 ($2250)
    MP2 ($2850)
    MP3 ($3265)
    CO ($2670)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9club.gif, 4heart.gif
    UTG calls $40, UTG+1 calls $40, 2 folds, MP3 bets $200, 2 folds, SB calls $180, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls $160

Flop: ($680) 7diamond.gif, 10spade.gif, 2spade.gif(3 players)
    SB checks, UTG+1 bets $680, MP3 calls $680, SB raises $2305 (All-In), UTG+1 calls $1625, MP3 raises $2385 (All-In), UTG+1 calls $760

Turn: ($9115) Jdiamond.gif(3 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($9115) Qheart.gif(3 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $9115

Results:
    SB had Aspade.gif, Aheart.gif (one pair, Aces).
    UTG+1 had 2heart.gif, 2club.gif (three of a kind, twos).
    MP3 had Adiamond.gif, Kspade.gif (straight, Ace high).
    Outcome: MP3 won $9115

Hope MP3 is at my starting table on Friday. Must be some fish! :D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

kpnuts wrote: »

You sure thats not a pp superuser that new those cards were coming on turn and river:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

Gl nuts do damage go easy on the boozee:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭thechamp87

My god this hand tilts me so much. What a genius. Must be nice to get it in that far behind and hold.
    HiCloy wrote: »
    So, PP IO STT, chip dumping by MP3 or rigged?

Lol at result

No-Limit Hold'em, $40.00 BB (9 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($2860)
    SB ($2505)
    Hero (BB) ($1165)
    UTG ($4055)
    UTG+1 ($8380)
    MP1 ($2250)
    MP2 ($2850)
    MP3 ($3265)
    CO ($2670)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9club.gif, 4heart.gif
    UTG calls $40, UTG+1 calls $40, 2 folds, MP3 bets $200, 2 folds, SB calls $180, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls $160

Flop: ($680) 7diamond.gif, 10spade.gif, 2spade.gif(3 players)
    SB checks, UTG+1 bets $680, MP3 calls $680, SB raises $2305 (All-In), UTG+1 calls $1625, MP3 raises $2385 (All-In), UTG+1 calls $760

Turn: ($9115) Jdiamond.gif(3 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($9115) Qheart.gif(3 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $9115

Results:
    SB had Aspade.gif, Aheart.gif (one pair, Aces).
    UTG+1 had 2heart.gif, 2club.gif (three of a kind, twos).
    MP3 had Adiamond.gif, Kspade.gif (straight, Ace high).
    Outcome: MP3 won $9115

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

I totally agree it's a skin he's dealing with here and not ipoker.
    What I disagree with is the fact that you think that he behaved badly towards the customer service guy.Bollox imo,the op is a customer and in any other industry should expect good cs with a certain level of competence. This clearly didn't happen and he has a right to be aggrieved.
    I mean ffs he didn't say anything out of the way.
    Would you be content with this nonsense?

I deal with Neteller every month, so believe me I know the pain of horrible poker-related CS.

But frankly, if I phoned up NTL about my TV being out or An Post about my mail being missing they're likely to be just as incompetent. It's not just a poker CS thing. For example, my contacts with Noble poker CS over the last 2 years has been impecible. Sometimes you need to explain something twice, but it's generally up to scratch. It's luck of the draw with CS. I think poker players just go off the deep end about unimportant crap too much. If someone hacks your account then sure, go nuts. But if some dozy CS guy doesn't understand the subtleties of OP's complaint after 2 short sentences of explanation, no, I wouldn't be calling him ridiculous right off the bat like this.

But hey, I'm not going to argue. Your point is fair.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Rakeline

Im kinda new here but personally i find that alot of people here are aggrassive maybe its just the Irish blood :). For what yous are talking about from my experience losing my roll on the mocrogaming scandle the live costumer service is network wide so your not dealing with the skin your dealing with the ones watching over it for that shift.

I think you have a right to be kinda pissed off but in truth you could win alot of money off of a big stack like that as an ai for you looks nothing to him. Has to be some sort of glitch though most ive seen at a 25nl table was 2K almost impossible to build up but at the same time its possible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭HiCloy

kpnuts wrote: »

Did he get the ticket? :eek:

I had buddylisted you after seeing you open limp in LHE earlier in the week, may have been a bit premature :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

"iPoker Customer Services"? You mean customer services at your skin, right?

Yes, he meant Boyle's. Why post up a discussion on Live chat and then be afraid to say where?

I tried getting onto their Sports Live chat today [withdrawal issue] 10th in the queue, which didn't seem to move anywhere in 10 minutes so I just gave up. It's been like that all week.

All complaints?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

Conbro wrote: »
    link?

There is a recap of the fun on BBV in this post He was blowing about it oon his blog here

LOL at the AK and the runner runner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

I originally thought OP was FOS when he posted this.

But I am convinced there is a player called Calystig doing this at 100NL at the moment.

Anyone else notice or am I going nuts?

Advertisement