Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snakebite

Options
  • 05-04-2009 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭

Went in there yesterday to get my eyebrow pierced and I have to say everything good said about them is true.The 2 on the counter when I went in were sound and Steve's a top man.
    Also Pawel what a cool looking chap :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Good to hear it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

Have to agree with you on them. Got my first tattoo there a few years ago (back when Dim was still there) and from my initial phone call to emails to getting it done on the day they were all top notch. Even had a bit of a laugh with the other customers when one overheard I was there for my first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Nothing but the best when you go in there for anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Miss_lady

aye the dudes in Snakebite are savage, got my first tattoo there and last week got three piercings done. I dont know the guys name unfortunatly but he has a slight English accent and a chunk of metal in his ear and belly button... anyways he did my piercings and was such a laugh. had me there chatting for about half an hour about the anatomy of the tongue!

That would be Steve

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 RoodBoi

yea gotta say, i heard a couple bad things about snakebite, from older tattoo and piercing enthusiasts, like my father, the usual lore, about hygiene and customer service so was wary of there for a few years. but, one day my mate decided he wanted his ears stretched and i decided to get an 8ml punch in the top of my ear, and we went to snakebite. why we decided there i can't remember. but, i have to say it was THE single most pleasant piercing experience i've ever had. the place was spotless, the staff were soooooooo welcoming and i was brought step by step through the process, coz i was a little nervous when i thought about the fact that i'd never get that piece of my ear back! ha. but by the time i left there, and they most certainly didn't rush me out, like some places do once they have your cash, i felt great about the whole thing. so i couldn't recommend that place more.
    that's my mini review of snakebite! ha. oh and the guy who done it, no idea of his name, big dude, shaved head, looks like he could tear your face off, but my god was he nice! half the reason i came through with so much as a flutter.

www.tattoo.tv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Miss_lady

aww deadliest thing happened today, when I got my piercings done last week I also picked up a nose ring and Steve put my original stud in a little bag. When I got home I couldnt find the stud. Today I called in to buy a new one and he said he actually found my original one, I had dropped it in all the hussle and bussle and he kept it for me :D how deadly is he??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Glad to hear even more feedback, will probably be getting my eyebrow pierced in there in the next couple of weeks!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭veryrandom

Have gone to snakebite for a few of my piercings and to save a few others that were done less then perfectly at other places but they are the nicest most helpful people and i recommend them to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭paddyb125

I'm getting my first tattoo done there in 2 weeks. The process has been great so far, Steve seems really cool! I'm glad to hear all the good feedback everyone's giving. Can't wait!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Chazz Reinhold

paddyb125 wrote: »
    I'm getting my first tattoo done there in 2 weeks. The process has been great so far, Steve seems really cool! I'm glad to hear all the good feedback everyone's giving. Can't wait!:D

How did you get on with your first one? Thinking of going here for my first tattoo too....

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I've had both my tattoos done there, and am getting #3 done on July 9th :D

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭paddyb125

How did you get on with your first one? Thinking of going here for my first tattoo too....

Went great! Got it done by Rob who's a really nice guy and a great artist..definately going back there again!

Robert is a lovely guy alright, always very bubbly

Liked his portfolio too, said to him when I was in last weekend, and he seemed dead chuffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭aisling.laura

got my first tattoo there back in october, very happy with how it turned out, though the price was a good bit more than i'd been originally quoted.

everyone was incredibly nice and helpful, save for the actual artist who did my tattoo.
    can't remember his name though.
    i don't doubt his skill or his work and i love my tattoo but he was quite rude i felt.
    he never once asked me was i ok, didn't saw anything much really.
    he didnt even ask me until after the tattoo was finished if it was my first one or not.
    he did nothing to make me feel at ease whatsoever and my cousin had a similar problem, with the artist being very rude to her when she asked him to reposition the stencil of her tattoo.

i wouldn't go back to the particular artist for those reasons however his work was exceptional, the tattoo freehanded perfectly onto my foot and i would definitely recommend snakebite for cleanliness and the rest of the staff, who were very helpful.

I know most of the artists who work there do not have English as a first language, and therefore wouldn't communicate that much. Personally, I'd be of the opinion that so long as the work is top notch, and the artist is not out-and-out rude or insulting, then I'd have no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

got my first tattoo there back in october, very happy with how it turned out, though the price was a good bit more than i'd been originally quoted.

everyone was incredibly nice and helpful, save for the actual artist who did my tattoo.
    can't remember his name though.
    i don't doubt his skill or his work and i love my tattoo but he was quite rude i felt.
    he never once asked me was i ok, didn't saw anything much really.
    he didnt even ask me until after the tattoo was finished if it was my first one or not.
    he did nothing to make me feel at ease whatsoever and my cousin had a similar problem, with the artist being very rude to her when she asked him to reposition the stencil of her tattoo.

i wouldn't go back to the particular artist for those reasons however his work was exceptional, the tattoo freehanded perfectly onto my foot and i would definitely recommend snakebite for cleanliness and the rest of the staff, who were very helpful.
    To be honest he done his job, he did work which you said was exceptional. Tattoo artists dont chat away like mad, they are busy concentrating on their work.

Damn Miami ink for making people think that!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭aisling.laura

Damn Miami ink for making people think that!

hmmm maybe that could have been the problem!

its true that his work is great and i'd definitely recommend him.

just giving my two cents, hope it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

Well i got a prince albert in snakebite a few months ago, and the gang there were totally professional, the studio was spotless and the piercer was really sound guy, who went through the process, put me at ease and gave some great tips for healing.

Even had a question one evening after 7pm so rang their number on the site, and the guy I spoke too sorted me out and was in good form for that time of the evening.

Will defo recommend them to anyone :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭GlindaGale

The staff in Snakebite are sound! I've gotten all my tattoos and piercings there (except my ears but I was 7 when I got them pierced). The studio is clean, the work is very professional and the atmosphere is relaxed. I wouldn't go anywhere else in Dublin because I know I'm in good hands in Snakebite. Plus a mate of mine works there so that's a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dolores82

Hi, i have 2 questions about snakebite.

Would u recommend them for a portrait tattoo?

How long is the waiting list for a tattoo (just an easy one)?

Thanx very much :-)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I think I might pop in there today just to have a look, and maybe get some nice tunnels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

dolores82 wrote: »
    Hi, i have 2 questions about snakebite.

Would u recommend them for a portrait tattoo?

How long is the waiting list for a tattoo (just an easy one)?

Thanx very much :-)

Jerson is a guest artist in Snakebite, he's probably the only artist in Ireland capable of doing a decent portrait. There is no waiting list as far as I'm aware but do go in and talk to him before you book.
    http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=180542624&albumId=262465&page=1

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dolores82

Diceicle wrote: »
    Jerson is a guest artist in Snakebite, he's probably the only artist in Ireland capable of doing a decent portrait. There is no waiting list as far as I'm aware but do go in and talk to him before you book.
    http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=180542624&albumId=262465&page=1

Thank you, his work looks really good!!

Jerson is really good alright, but he's only here for a couple of months during the summer, so if you do decide to go with him, it would need to be before mid-August...

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭tabouli

Was in Snakebite last Saturday for a tragus piercing, I can safely say I'll never go anywhere else again! The guy who did it was unbelievably sound, even though he's probably done hundreds of those piercings he spent ages putting me at ease, explaining aftercare etc. Was a great experience :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭BoysNoize

Same as Tabouli. Got my ear lobe pierced in there today and can only speak positively of the place, very sound dude pierced my ear. Would recommend the place to anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭trio

I got a VCH piercing done there a couple of years ago and to say I was nervous doesn't even cover it! :D

Not only was I worried about the pain on such a sensitive area, but I was pretty mortified at the idea of dropping trou and spreading them in front of some strange dude. I'm a pretty shy girl for all my private piercings. I remember thinking "Oh God, if he smirks at all I'll DIE"

Anyway, I don't remember which dude it was - possibly the English one. But I couldn't believe how professional he was. Honestly it was exactly like going to the doctors. He honestly may as well have been working on my, I dunno, my knee or something, y'know?

I was really grateful. I even went back again some months later to him to get the ball sized up. Not a bother on me this time because I knew it'd be totally businesslike.

• Advertisement

Sounds like Steve alright. Awesome guy. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement