Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling or Swapping Watches & Timepieces - **read first post**

Options
1181920212224»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭Homer

*UPDATE* Magrette is on hold pending a deal this weekend from a Boardsie :)
    Anybody want a spork :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

*Update* Magrette bought, thanks Homer.

The story if anyone else is interested.

My father in law is from New Zealand and he's turning 60 at the end of July. My wife and I have been looking for something a bit unique and special for his birthday. He loves all things "Made in New Zealand" and is a keen outdoors man and has just bought a boat to use on the lake where he lives in Te Anau. He's also into woodworking and NZ Kauri is one of his favourite wood stocks.

The Magrette just ticks all the boxes and we'll be delivering it in person when we travel home to Oz/NZ in July.

Thanks Justin, pleasure to meet you.

Ryan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭Homer

Likewise Ryan. Great to sell to someone within our circle and even better to hear the lovely story behind the purchase! Hope he likes it and gets years of pleasure from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭emo72

http://www.adverts.ie/dress/omega-seamaster/5585156

whats the story here? this seems like bargain of the decade.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Seems to have been withdrawn already so...

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭emo72

Wibbs wrote: »
    Seems to have been withdrawn already so...

modern seamaster, asking price 150, first offer 100 and accepted! too good to be true. he had 22 positive feedbacks and no negatives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Homer wrote: »
    *UPDATE* Magrette is on hold pending a deal this weekend from a Boardsie :)
    Anybody want a spork :p
    me
    pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Sold Selling my Seiko Tuna

http://www.adverts.ie/5594256

NWEwNGM5ZDAyYTgyZWE2OGQxY2RjNzM4YjhjZTU3YzOwC78vAdLTykOWbYp1rS-PaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vZDI0N2I4MmZlMmZmNDM4OGYwZGUxMDc2ZGU1MTEwMzUxZTFiZjJhNTNlNzRkMjBiYTVjMjM2YmZiNDY4NjIxMS5qcGd8MzkzfHx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9ub25lLWltYWdlLmpwZ3w=.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭markad1

Homer,
    that seiko is lovely :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I want a Steinhart back in my collection (a GMT this time), so flogging these two:

DOXA Aquaman diver's watch
    OWU3ZmVkZTQ1OWRmYjUwZThiNWIzZGI3NGZiYzJmZTJ7FLjlaE0NMBvAOAlPIUavaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vNjU2YTczMTUxZDlhM2Q4NGIzMTZkZjRkZWI0OTFlNDljMTM1MTc4YTYzZGE0ZTE2ZTI5OTg1OTdhZmI0NDhjMi5qcGd8fDI5NHx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9ub25lLWltYWdlLmpwZ3w=.jpg

Orient Ray automatic diver's watch
    ODMxOTdmMzBkMjFiZTdiNjA4NjA5NjczZWE2ZThjNmIlsU2_pCSgulRsTh7GKJyCaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vZmUyOTY5NjljYjhkNjUxNzQxNDJlOTY4M2Y2MzM5OTFmOTkxNjA0ZmE1MDEzNmM1ZTYxNTk1MWVhODI4ZWQ4OC5qcGd8fHx8fHwxODB4MTM1fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHxodHRwOi8vd3d3LmFkdmVydHMuaWUvc3RhdGljL2kvbm9uZS1pbWFnZS5qcGd8.jpg

edit: both sold on the bay

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

Need to get some cash together for something other than watches and this is not been worn.

http://www.adverts.ie/vintage/seiko-5/5676821

DSC07506_zps242fef75.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Just looked on adverts there following your ad HDMI and what do I see in the vintage section only more of this http://www.adverts.ie/vintage/dugena-watch/5652566#comment_30585930 nonsense. "Nazi" watches complete with deaths heads and eagles and crap. This particular one really takes the biscuit. It's from the 1970's :pac::pac: Hang on I thought they lost the war. Seems not. Given somebody actually offered money for this joke I commented on thread, but have reported the others.

Joke is if you wanted a funky 70's watch and wanted to go the vintage route it's not that bad a watch. Now it's ruined. :rolleyes:

*EDIT* Jeebus, the seller replied and is insisting it's from the 1940's :eek: W. T. F. I mean just look at it.
    310166.jpg
    All hail the Disco Nazis

Hey maybe they were scammed too. Wouldn't be too surprised if they reported me. :rolleyes:

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

The ad is gone now :D

I think they also have a couple of different accounts on the swamp also, they will just peddle their junk elsewhere.

Another seller I noticed has some very creative wording in their advert. http://www.adverts.ie/casual/seiko-men-s-watch-automatic-black/5424946

To quote his ad

" *** CUSTOMER CAUTION ***
    Be wary of other retailers on adverts that have over priced items, therefore overcharging customers and also surcharging unknowingly customers for other tariffs such as Custom Duties and Value Added Tax (VAT) "

Seems like a nice guy, well that is until you realise that he is overcharging his customers by €100 on that watch alone, I think creation had them for about €50. The same seller also lists another Seiko which is also over priced.

Go give Adverts their due, they do respond quickly to reports. Ebay is a blood joke on that score.

Still I never thought I'd wake up one day and write "All hail the Disco Nazis" :D The joke is if you took away the nazi nonsense the seller had some nice enough watches. The Dugena above would have been well worth a punt if you wanted a funky 70's watch. One of his other examples was worth more than he was asking. Well, before the dials were forever ruined. Mad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement