Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling or Swapping Watches & Timepieces - **read first post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Selling my RSW Nazca Sport limited edition.

http://www.adverts.ie/mens-watches/rsw-nazca-sport-chronograph/3823509

9837828944_e73723da7b_o.jpg
    RSW1 by Bogmanfan, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

Just put up this rarely worn Vostok Quartz for sale:

MmI4NjQ3MjYzNzdmNWYzYmM2NjY5Zjg3OGE5MWFjOWKi0o24fT9rYTobR9Xr3781aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vOTZlOGVjYjU3NGM5ZjIwNWMwOTA5ODhhOTU5MTk3YjQ5NzA0MDNjNTJjZWI1NWY1ZjA3YmUyNmYzZTc5MjMwZS5qcGd8MzkzfHx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9ub25lLWltYWdlLmpwZ3w=.jpg

http://www.adverts.ie/mens-watches/vostok-komandirskie-quartz-chronograph/3824399

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Selling my Getat as it never gets any wrist time.

http://www.adverts.ie/3844877

FF2029DAFC13414091785167EDCDE29D-0000345144-0003379976-00800L-4580E0B6C034419683955F875ACE3947.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Eoin wrote: »
    Artego 500m Diver (bought from HDMI, whose photos I "borrowed")
    YTJhNmE3NmIzMGU5ZWIyZWJkYzliOGNmMjQ0M2VhNTWQDxzdCvBKB5s5RZ2oJDFgaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vZjU3MGJjYjE5OTQ2YWFkOWViNTVhMjM2MzYyMTZhNTNlY2E0ZGZjNjRkMDY0MzE1OTNhMWRjZTU5OGNjNDljNS5qcGd8fDUyNXx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9ub25lLWltYWdlLmpwZ3w=.jpg
    http://www.adverts.ie/3773684

I've received an offer on eBay for this, so reducing to 250 until tomorrow. Can't be arsed waiting for the dreamers on adverts, watch is sold on eBay.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

You need to see if there's anywhere you can rent watches!

You need to see if there's anywhere you can rent watches!

:D

Yeah...its part of my trade up plan...trying to get as far as I can spending less and less cash...but sometimes gotta pay a bit more

Good luck with the sale anyway, that's a very smart looking watch. Does it wear bigger than 40mm?

No...I feel its quite small, but have worn 45m and find them better

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Sometimes I do wonder about adverts. You make an offer or ask a question and hear nothing back. It seems commonplace for months to pass between Q&A.

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Sometimes I do wonder about adverts. You make an offer or ask a question and hear nothing back. It seems commonplace for months to pass between Q&A.

If it wasn't free, I wouldn't bother using it

If it wasn't free, I wouldn't bother using it

Swap for a tennis racket, 21" LCD tv and €50 cash.....

Now that's what I hate :mad:

Yep, I just got a bit of a silly offer by PM. But eBay fees have gotten so extortionate, that you have to spread your options.

My recent ad, someone came on to claim the watch I had for sale could be bought at less than half what I was asking. Which was a complete nonsense but I'm sure it put some people off. Getting a bit fed up now with Adverts too. The Monaco I put up a few months back had one guy constantly PM-ing me with basically the same under valued offer. Took the ad down in the end. Get a sense that there are less successful sales recently than there used to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

Agree with what was said above about adverts. Not to mentioned that one has to include into the price the aditional overhead required for the bargaining the adverts members are used to it.

As if the ridiculous offers are not bad enough, it seems the mods over there are doing nothing to prevent shady business being conducted. As of now, I've been warned twice not to comment on an ad if I have no intention of buying: the first one was a fake watch advertised as original, the second time I only asked the poster of an ad to remove a pic of the watch he was selling that was mine. I wasn't even bothered that he asked almost twice the amount the watch was initially sold for by me.

Rant over :mad:

My Getat up at the moment is attracting unwanted attention also, a few PM's from jokers and a comment basically accusing me of selling a replica for €100 even though I wrote in the title "homage".

It does have it's worth however, I have sold many items without hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭paddyh117

Decided not to keep this Tissot - brand new from dealers today

http://www.adverts.ie/mens-watches/tissot-t-touch-ii/3886576

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

sparrowcar wrote: »
    My Getat up at the moment is attracting unwanted attention also, a few PM's from jokers and a comment basically accusing me of selling a replica for €100 even though I wrote in the title "homage".

It does have it's worth however, I have sold many items without hassle.

Well then why not write Replica in the title? Intentionally misleading perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

fluffer wrote: »

A homage is not a replica, two different things entirely and to suggest someone is intentionally misleading is not a good way to go on a public forum in my view.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement

Tony wrote: »
    A homage is not a replica, two different things entirely and to suggest someone is intentionally misleading is not a good way to go on a public forum in my view.

Actually I didn't read that right. Getat I know.
    I guess it depends on how the advertisement read then. If it failed to mention the manufacturer but had the original design's manufacturer in bold I may have issue.

Saying that I'm of two minds about the entire 'homage' industry. To me it's akin to Ferrari kits on Toyotas.

I'm surprised at you Fluffer, you've contributed to W&T forum many times before and I would have presumed you would know better than to make any accusation like that without the facts first.

I clearly state in the title of the advert that it is a Getat Panerai homage. Others have done this in the past. The word Getat alone is what would interest any watch enthusiast and potential buyer.

I have contributed to this forum for a long time now and have sold many watches without any problems. To suggest I have intentionally mislead is an insult and to do it on a public forum... Well I'll let others judge that one.

I'm surprised at you Fluffer, you've contributed to W&T forum many times before and I would have presumed you would know better than to make any accusation like that without the facts first.

Well that's exactly what I've done. I bulldozed right in there.
    I misunderstood the 'homage' moniker.

I guess as long as the buyer is not under the illusion they are buying the original design then I'm fine with it.

Again as you know all designs lend from each other but a 'homage' design is a branded full imitation. I'm sure in the main thread we could kick up a storm discussing the implications of that.
    As a person living in China I abhor all forms of mimicry and seek originality and quality where I can.
    Hence my uninformed and reckless comment.

Well that's exactly what I've done. I bulldozed right in there.
    I misunderstood the 'homage' moniker.

I guess as long as the buyer is not under the illusion they are buying the original design then I'm fine with it.

Again as you know all designs lend from each other but a 'homage' design is a branded full imitation. I'm sure in the main thread we could kick up a storm discussing the implications of that.
    As a person living in China I abhor all forms of mimicry and seek originality and quality where I can.
    Hence my uninformed and reckless comment.

No real harm done in fairness. I understand your point about mimicry and actually agree with you but homages are more respectable than replicas IMO. Seiko have been doing it for years without question. The guy that runs Getat appears to be a genuine enthusiast from his email communications rather than a sweat shop boss trying to make a quick buck.

Thanks for your explanation anyway ;)

Saying that I'm of two minds about the entire 'homage' industry. To me it's akin to Ferrari kits on Toyotas.

Ah, let's not get into this again. There are lots of homage brands that offer a great watch for a great price - and I'm sure loads of examples of watches from top brands that are pretty much homages to another watch.

A full branded imitation watch is a fake/replica, not a homage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,965 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I have contributed to this forum for a long time now and have sold many watches without any problems. To suggest I have intentionally mislead is an insult and to do it on a public forum... Well I'll let others judge that one.

Indeed you have. I bought a Getat from you quite some time ago. The advert was clear and concise and I'm very happy with my purchase. Shamefully at the time I had no idea about Panerai and it was through the homeage that you sold me I came to learn and lust after a true Panerai watch. Someday perhaps but not anytime soon.

Should you not have sold your current Getat towards the end of this month I'll gladly purchase it from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

Have to sell off a few watches :eek: :(

I will run them for a few days on Adverts before they go to watchuseek.

Seiko Black Bay Tribute

http://www.adverts.ie/mens-watches/seiko-bb-homage/3908829

DSC05648.jpg

Seiko SARB065

http://www.adverts.ie/mens-watches/seiko-sarb065-cocktail/3908910

DSC06108_zpsea294911.jpg

Magrette Bronze

http://www.adverts.ie/mens-watches/magrette-regattare-bronze/3909878

IMG_3965-2_zps5d5291d7.jpg

Nice watches, particularly like that Magrette; unfortunately, pointedly, can't afford it though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Indeed you have. I bought a Getat from you quite some time ago. The advert was clear and concise and I'm very happy with my purchase. Shamefully at the time I had no idea about Panerai and it was through the homeage that you sold me I came to learn and lust after a true Panerai watch. Someday perhaps but not anytime soon.

Should you not have sold your current Getat towards the end of this month I'll gladly purchase it from you.

I've taken your endorsement and bought it myself. Thinking of getting one for a while
    And couldn't wait two months if you paid me .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I am moving on my Omega.

http://www.adverts.ie/mens-watches/omega-seamaster-1970s-automatic-day-date-vintage-cal-1020/3923334

Movement: Automatic Movement, signed OMEGA SWISS with logo Cal:1020
    Condition: Used.
    Crown: Original with logo
    Case:Stainless Steel case . Measurement 33 mm. ( without crown ) x 40 mm. ( with lug )
    Bracelet: Original Omega 725 bracelet.

Watch was serviced in January 2013 and runs perfectly.

Applied silver baton hour markers. Silver hour and minute hands, sweeping second hand, all in excellent condition

Sold with (non original) display box as shown in pictures.

OTg4MWVlMGVjNzI5Nzg4YjcyZDBiNGFlMTU4MzllNWUczA904j9dgVBMtEi8uYhgaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vMTBiNjBlYjAxZGViZjEyODQ2MmZmMjA0OWJjYTEyYmUxZWM4ZWU2OTdmZmJmYjg2NmIxYjk3NWNmN2YyNWRmMi5qcGd8fDUyNXx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9ub25lLWltYWdlLmpwZ3w=.jpg

NTEzZmM1N2E4YzlmOTk5NGI3YjdkNTlkMGVhOThmMDfziqcP9QoKJFktswwKOR4maHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vNmI0ZWY3ZWMwMWYyODMyMTkyNDQ2NjFhYzFlMWRiYmIwYTg2OWZmZjk2YjM0YjI1ZjcxMDAyMTRmNTYyZTRjMy5qcGd8fDUyNXx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9ub25lLWltYWdlLmpwZ3w=.jpg

YzEzOTk2NWEzNDc2YmMzNmI4YjE0MDZkM2YzYWJmMDItb85W6rVv1IkhL8Ju1LmgaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vMjA5Nzk4NTg2MGIwYWZlZTUxOTI0NDU0ZWQwNjQ3MWNjZmVlZmUyMzAzZDZkN2RhZTViYjc0NjEwM2U2MGJjNi5qcGd8fDUyNXx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9ub25lLWltYWdlLmpwZ3w=.jpg

MmYwNzU5NzQ5OGVkODk4ODhkMDE0ODc2ZWY4ZDZkYzah57wKjAwtsMcfA0AcXulVaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vMzg5MTE5ODdkZTUxMDE0MWE5YTk1Y2E5YWY2NDQxMzgxOGQxOGVkZTViZTBiMjRkNjMwNTVjNGMyN2MxZjZjOC5qcGd8fDUyNXx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9ub25lLWltYWdlLmpwZ3w=.jpg

YzExMTIzNTA0YjM5OTU0NDZjYzQ0N2RmMWVmYWY3YTnu2OJzvCqWCcxt8kFsIXkWaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vOGIzNzBjOGQ2ZTEzZjE5NDU5NGY2OWE4MGZhNTRmNjRmYmEzZjgxNTM5NGU4YjAyZmI4MmRkYjU0ZGZkNjljYS5qcGd8fDUyNXx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9ub25lLWltYWdlLmpwZ3w=.jpg

OTk1Yzc5NGE3MTc2MTQxZjg5NDAyMmNlYTAzNWNhYjbnoEqoprCZV8CP_DoGlS6paHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vNTVkZmNhZDU0OGZhZGZhZTVlNjVlNWNiOTgwYWVlYjVjMjIyZjZkZjVkY2MwY2E0OTcwMzYwOGU0MWEwOGI3MC5qcGd8fDUyNXx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9ub25lLWltYWdlLmpwZ3w=.jpg

NTJiNjEyNjE0NzRlNDcyYWRmZDFkM2QzYzc1MmQzMDJXZ5SyqWz600nR0t1DEipOaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vOTc0NjkxMjljYWMxMWMwYWEwNjNhYTkwNGNmN2YxNzM5MjQyMDU4N2IyODA0ZTQyOGY0ZmU0NGY2ZTc4NDU4NS5qcGd8fDUyNXx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9ub25lLWltYWdlLmpwZ3w=.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement