Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling or Swapping Watches & Timepieces - **read first post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Homer wrote: »
    J
    However I can't keep my 3714

Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Selling my blue monster. Just doesnt get the wrist time.

http://adverts.ie/4835618

9500118989_bdb5c51429_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Just testing the waters with this one before I go down the adverts/ebay/tz-uk route...
    Soooooo... I was in Boston last week and tried on the IWC Portuguese cal. 50010, automatic, 7-day power-reserve with the in house movement and kind of fell in love with it :o

L1090997%20(2).jpg

However I can't keep my 3714 and get the 50010 so if I could get the right price for my own and add some funds to upgrade that would be the ideal scenario!
    My own is from September 2012 so still under warranty and is in mint condition with box and paperwork. RRP on the 3714 is €7100

Just throwing this out there to see if there's any fellow forum members that might be interested as I'd prefer to deal with the people I know before I head into the murky waters of trying to sell it online! Drop me a PM or comment to let me know if there's any interest cheers!

iwc-portuguese-3714.17_j_LRG.jpg

Mmmmmm!

Never thought the Navitimer would come off the wrist but Cyrus's Zenith has been on my wrist since the day I got it, class piece. That IWC could put it into storage for a while though :)

TbL

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Eoin wrote: »
    Well, this didn't last long. But it's a bit too big to wear a suit, and it's not going to replace my daily watch, so I can just see it gathering dust unfortunately.

Hamilton Jazzmaster Lord Chronograph - Valjoux 7750

This is sold - but I have just listed my Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military for sale. Thought this would with me for the long haul, but I don't wear it any more so I think I'll get an Ocean 2 for something a bit different.

MTcxNWM4NmIxZTczYTBlNDYyZDhmMDE3MDg0MDc4ZTdexmbJu2z0DaRtBWhF-rwbaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vZTI0MTI1MjlkYTZmZGFjYzFmNTg1MjY5OTYzMjk5ZTgzODg5OTc0ZmU5NWJjMjY0ZDZhMTgxOTFmMTJkZTAyNy5qcGd8fDI5NHx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9ub25lLWltYWdlLmpwZ3w=.jpg

Edit: Sold already - looking for a Steinhart Ocean 2 in yellow/blue if anyone has one knocking around

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Just listed my Meccaniche Veloci Corsacorta here: http://www.adverts.ie/casual/meccaniche-veloci-corsacorta/4864195

12641905094_c01b95a4a7_o.jpg
    MV1 by Bogmanfan, on Flickr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 clearout2013

Hi Lads

need to sell some watches as they never worn.

all watches come with the original box, manual and most even have plastic cover on the back. Dublin based. open to reasonable offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 clearout2013

bedlam wrote: »
    You'll need to put them on adverts.ie, then feel free to post the ad here

sorry I didnt read the stickies will update adverts now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭emo72

What do yous think of the 16000 gold Rolex on adverts? Am I crazy for thinking this is a scam?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,701 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

emo72 wrote: »
    What do yous think of the 16000 gold Rolex on adverts? Am I crazy for thinking this is a scam?

scam or not, would you actually wear it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭Homer

Seller can't give an answer as to where it was bought or when and has a yellow post it with hand written specs on it? What's not to worry about! Regardless of whether it's real or not which I seriously doubt it's quite clear the person advertising it hasn't a clue of its history. I wouldn't waste your time! Sure there a breitling colt just gone up and the seller says the battery was just changed?!

• Advertisement

P.S. I saw Cyrus posting in the selling or swapping thread and my ears pricked up :P

Cyrus wrote: »
    scam or not, would you actually wear it

No. It's classless. Everybody has their style and everything. So it might suit someone. It's the most gaudy thing I've ever seen.

Also 2 bids from people with no feedback? They could try harder to scam you.

also if you do a bit of detective work you'll see that the highest bid is from the same guy who has bid on all of the sellers other adverts including an engagement ring and a motorcycle helmet.. I'll leave people to make their own conclusions!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

that date wheel looks very wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

What do you reckon about my offer.. I have my fingers crossed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

sparrowcar wrote: »
    What do you reckon about my offer.. I have my fingers crossed.

Is there any chance it's legit?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Legit or not, you wouldn't even deal with this bloke, seriously, watch info on a post it.

Not even a picture of the box

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

MiCr0 wrote: »
    Is there any chance it's legit?

I would say not. It's either fake or stolen. Either way it's not legit.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Even if it was legit - and a trip to a Rolex official agent should sort that out in short order - god good it's hideous. Beyond hideous. Given the seller is touting the serial numbers and such it should be easy to verify with Rolex, but again, it's hideous, tacky beyond measure.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭OldRio

This I've got to see.

Good grief.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

P.S. I saw Cyrus posting in the selling or swapping thread and my ears pricked up :P

Now this has made me look at adverts and just saw the NB Yaeger you likely picked up today. Let me know if you ever flip it.

where the deuce are all these super high end rolexs coming from?

http://www.adverts.ie/dress/rolex-watch-for-sale/4957783#comment_25184648

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Mredsnapper

Strange that there is no photo. Clicked on the watch icon on adverts Android and got a message about not being able to watch my own ad. WTF.

Strange that there is no photo. Clicked on the watch icon on adverts Android and got a message about not being able to watch my own ad. WTF.

dont worry, that android app is flaky as feck.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭paddyh117

Some (idiot) is going to get badly stung with all these 15/16k hideous gold Rolex's on Adverts recently!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,701 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

paddyh117 wrote: »
    Some (idiot) is going to get badly stung with all these 15/16k hideous gold Rolex's on Adverts recently!!

is anyone really going to buy one these?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Absolutely! (as soon as that Nigerian prince sends me that cash he keeps emailing me about)

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭paddyh117

Probably not - and certainly nobody who knows anything about watches - perhaps somebody who thinks they're getting a deal and put's in a low-ball offer that's accepted (1/2 price maybe??)

anyhoo - it's certainly strange they've all arrived in the last few weeks with no feedback/paperwork etc - dodgier than a dodgy thing!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Having had a quick perusal on Adverts, there are a few misconceptions all the way to downright lies(which I've reported). The blingy Rolex stuff is only a part of it. In general though it's OK.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

Wibbs wrote: »
    Having had a quick perusal on Adverts, there are a few misconceptions all the way to downright lies(which I've reported). The blingy Rolex stuff is only a part of it. In general though it's OK.

Are they fake?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement