Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Ah sure at least I have a job"

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Dudess wrote: »
    Actually, it's more the people who work in incoming call centres who get grief - "I'm sick of being put through to a ****ing Irish person every time I phone here" kinda thing - unaware of the fact that the call centre is actually in Ireland.

I would say these are about as common as the irish saying "i'm sick of being put through to a f*cking paki" tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 28,887 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

so I can say "What can only be described as a Black Bastard" and that is acceptable to you?

If it is, then from this moment I will use the following if that is ok

Dirty Irish Skanger instead of dirty Skanger
    Stupid Irish Bastard instead of Stupid Bastard
    Thieving Irish **** instead of Thieving ****

Presuming of course there is no limit to how many adjectives we can use in one term.

The OP stated "British bastards" presumably because he is posting on an Irish Forum and felt the need to show the fact that he was not calling Irish but is actually working in England/Wales/Scotland and wanted to show how much he hated ringing those people.

If you are referencing skangers in general then say skangers, if you are referencing skangers from Ireland and nowhere else then say Irish skangers. The latter in no way makes out that you think they are skangers because they are Irish but shows that they are skangers from Ireland.

Its only acceptable to use it if you need to isolate the group you are referencing to particular ethnic group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

The OP stated "British bastards" presumably because he is posting on an Irish Forum and felt the need to show the fact that he was not calling Irish but is actually working in England/Wales/Scotland and wanted to show how much he hated ringing those people.

Of that, I have no doubt whatsoever.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,887 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Of that, I have no doubt whatsoever.:rolleyes:
    Way off topic here, but is it racist if you tend not like the cultural habits of another country/race? Please note that I am not referring to blanket prejudice on an ethnic group but just that you tend to find the majority annoying. Thats hardly racist is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Way off topic here, but is it racist if you tend not like the cultural habits of another country/race? Please note that I am not referring to blanket prejudice on an ethnic group but just that you tend to find the majority annoying. Thats hardly racist is it?

I never mentioned racism, but I think it does show a lack of respect.

If you find British people annoying on the basis of working in a call centre carrying out cold calls, which 90% of people find annoying anyway, then it is certainly a blanket prejudice I would say.

In reality, being British has nothing to do with it, people all over the world tell cold callers to feck off. These cold calling systems are a pain in the arse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

beks101 wrote: »
    My job is a bit **** at the best of times. I work 65+ hours a week barely scraping minimum wage and no overtime, have had 7% shaved off the nothing I already make, plus the likely tax hikes next week mean I'd probably be better off on the dole. And the stress of my job makes me physically sick sometimes.
    If I was you I'd go on the dole.
    defo.
    the fukcin slaves had it better than you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

weemcd wrote: »

Days I get unbelievably fúcked off talking to difficult people for hours on end and getting nowhere. I feel like packing it in.

If you doing your job with the notion that people who do not wish to change their telephone service to BT are just being difficult, then its no wonder your getting nowhere.

Smile, relax and remember............your grand, you have a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Did you have to say British Bastards, could you not just say Bastards? How would you feel if they were telling people some Irish bastard had been ringing them up trying to flog them an expensive alternative to our current provider (from a foreign call canter i presume)

Hold on a wee minute. Firstly,I phone mainland UK, ie. British people, I'd say the majority of them I come across are bastards over the phone. Secondly how do you know im selling them a more expensive alternative? Im sick to the death of offering people a much cheaper alternative to what they are currently paying, yes every day, easily been able to save people £80+ on their monthly payment, and they have refused this out of their own stubborn belief "that their company is the cheapest." If they're paying a cheaper amount or equivalent price, i tell them what's on offer, and leave it at that.
    Dudess wrote:
    I know so many people working in call centres here for British companies that get sh1t for being Irish.

QFT
    Duiske wrote:
    If you doing your job with the notion that people who do not wish to change their telephone service to BT are just being difficult, then its no wonder your getting nowhere.

Thank's for making sweeping assumptions there, glad you know that I'm getting nowhere, I make my target every week, and no I don't take every refusal as a dificult customer, lets face it, some people (in my experience less than half) are on a cheaper package. A few more sales wouldn't go amiss to ease off the pressure a bit and for a fat bonus at the end of the month though.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Im getting about 400 off fas, im swimming in the money:p

Advertisement