Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pizza Hut

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭south

gscully wrote: »
    Godfathers is closing??? I was in there last week! They're the only pizza place I like.

Its closed already by the looks of it. I'd say it won't be long before they have pizza hut open

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

south wrote: »
    Its closed already by the looks of it. I'd say it won't be long before they have pizza hut open

Ye i was wondering why they would not answer my calls :D pizza hut are definatly going in their ye , thats good news their tasty........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭ec18

proper pizza hut or one of those express places?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

Its such a pity that pizza hut is replacing godfathers bu then again, some people like the grease dripping out of their pizza bases! I've always found pizza hut to be very greasy and stodgy whereas godfathers was'nt too bad. Not as good as a proper italian restaurant but their 20 quid deal with garlic bread, chips and a drink was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Tbh I think the pizzas are different in the express places...not as nice as the restaurant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Are they definitely opening next week? The sign in the window says that an opportunity exists for a Pizza Hut franchise there and gives a phone number.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Oh God Pizzahut now?! they make terrible pizza!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

http://www.irishfranchisemagazine.net/franchise/pizza-hut/pizza-hut-franchise-acquires-godfathers-pizza/3926

they have confirmed on their facebook page that the Waterford pizza hut is opening this week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Today, or so I was told?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I was a couple of cars behind what appeared to be a Pizza Hut delivery car this afternoon, so maybe it's open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Bodan

I think they are open, the Waterford Branch is up on their website with a phone number and opening hours. There is also a notice saying that online ordering coming soon. :D

http://www.pizzahutdelivery.ie/branch/waterford.html

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Clano

was out there tonight lads! YUM YUM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

how does pizza hut compare to dominoes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭tc2010

Where is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

hopefully pizza hut doing same as last one i was in in dublin... lunchtime special.. all u can eat buffet..... Ohhhh YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Dirty Frank

I'm bleedin starvin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey leBlanc

Pizza Hut is just so authenic! Just like momma makes back in ol Italia!
    If anyone wants to taste pizza the way it was intended visit 'La Taverna' in High Street. No longer will you yearn for domino's/pizza hut etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

I remember a place (maybe Bellisima was the name) near Uluru.

It was basically a pyramid of stuff on the pizza. A real italian pizza doesn't just pile it high.

Is this how La Taverna is?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

I always thought godfathers made the best commercial/franchise pizza in town and after getting a pizza from pizza hut last week I'm very sorry to see them go. The pizza hut pizza was very bland, no real flavour in the sauce and the base was slightly doughy. We got the deal that included garlic bread, chicken wings and wedges. Great value but the garlic bread had very little garlic on it(whats the point if you dont reek after it). We got the chicken wings with hot sauce and its possibly the worst hot sauce I've ever tasted. Way too vinegery and not even spicy. So bad that out of the 6 wings, we only ate 3. Now thats saying something. On the other hand though, it was great value and real quick.
    I'd sacrifice taste over value/speediness any day so I doubt I'll be going back to pizza hut again.

+1 on la taverna, great pizza there and it'll come as a surprise to most people that you can only get authentic style pizza there. No thick bases, just nice thin ones. And if you have their garlic bruschetta, you'll need an exclusion zone around you for a week its so tasty. Well recommended but not really as good as the ones in italy. Something to do with the freshness of the tomatoes or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

I got it there a few nights ago and wasn't particularly impressed...it was grand but nothing special, no better than 4 star or dominoes. Think I'll stick with ginos!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey leBlanc

I'm afraid if you want to taste real pizza southern Italy is the place to go. Sicily is pretty good too. And whilst Im on about Italian food, there's "Arancini" which I've had a few times in Ireland but they are everywhere in Sicily. Balls of risotto rice with different centres (eg mince meat/peppers etc) coated in bread crumbs & fried. Delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I'm afraid if you want to taste real pizza southern Italy is the place to go. Sicily is pretty good too. And whilst Im on about Italian food, there's "Arancini" which I've had a few times in Ireland but they are everywhere in Sicily. Balls of risotto rice with different centres (eg mince meat/peppers etc) coated in bread crumbs & fried. Delicious
    Do they deliver?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Just an update, in case people were unaware (Im not sure was it posted already) but you can sit in and eat food in Pizza Hut. Limited spaces, but you can eat in.

Dominos ftw.

Advertisement