Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pizza Hut

Options
  • 01-04-2009 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

Ok...I know we have Coney Island, Ginos, 4 Star Pizza, Apache Pizza, Dominos Pizza, Godfathers and probably more.

But I love Pizza Hut...i want Pizza Hut. Will someone please buy franchise and put it into Newgate or ferrybank...preferably Ferrybank.

Thanks guys.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

I hate pizza hut

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Given permission to open in Railway Square, never went ahead with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Given that Penneys has now moved to Railway Sq, I'm sure they're reviewing the possibility of locating there given the numbers of people Penneys will attract into the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

as long as its a real pizza being made that you can stuff urself after bottles and not have to worry about a burning belly n dodgey after tastes wen you wake up the following morning sure +1 ftw lol

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Penney's has moved? whats in the old penneys now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

mayordenis wrote: »
    Penney's has moved? whats in the old penneys now?

It's only temporary while they fix up Egan's.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

temporay? is flow motion making a come back,bring back saturdays dodgey games of pool in egans and choons lol or is pennys just moving til they do up the old site

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

temporay? is flow motion making a come back,bring back saturdays dodgey games of pool in egans and choons lol or is pennys just moving til they do up the old site

I see what you did there.

Penney's are doing up their site and presumably knocking through to what was Egan's. Flow Motion was a bit before my time I'm afraid. I'm from a little further north of the bridge ;) - only moved here 8/9 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

I put the above into the babelfish translator and my laptop committed suicide by jumping off the bed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 cityboi

pizza hut did their best to locate in waterford ---but after a lot of rangling with Mr McCant ---they gave up never to return!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

cityboi wrote: »
    pizza hut did their best to locate in waterford ---but after a lot of rangling with Mr McCant ---they gave up never to return!!!!!!

Bastid!!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

http://archives.tcm.ie/waterfordnews/2007/04/13/story25331.asp

Its a pity they never went ahead withthe opening. They won their appeal too

http://archives.tcm.ie/waterfordnews/2007/04/13/story25331.asp

Its a pity they never went ahead withthe opening. They won their appeal too

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Bluezar

Have to agree...I absolutely love Pizza Hut:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

i nearly wet myself there, i thought there was actually a pizza hut.. Saturdays all you can eat buffets and free refills all day everyday.. what a dream.. and now.. im upset :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Ok...I know we have Coney Island, Ginos, 4 Star Pizza, Apache Pizza, Dominos Pizza, Godfathers and probably more.

But I love Pizza Hut...i want Pizza Hut. Will someone please buy franchise and put it into Newgate or ferrybank...preferably Ferrybank.

Thanks guys.

The4 you mentioned all make crap pizzas. And pizza hut is equally bad or worse. So what's the point? Get yourself a takeaway pizza in LaFontana on the Quays and you won't go back to any of the above places.

I havent heard of this place...
    LaFontana

realcam wrote: »
    The4 you mentioned all make crap pizzas. And pizza hut is equally bad or worse. So what's the point? Get yourself a takeaway pizza in LaFontana on the Quays and you won't go back to any of the above places.

it's just a personal preference...I'd had them in la fontana and espresso and as much as they are nice pizzas I just love pizza hut.

realcam wrote: »

Well that's one opinion. I happen to like Four Star and Dominos.

That said, Bellisimo by Uluru make a very nice pizza too.

Anyway, we have enough pizzerias. Let's get TGI Fridays, Bennigans or Spurs down here so we can have a good feed relatively cheaply...

more buffets i say!

• Advertisement

TGI Fridays and Cheap, I dont think so. I have been to the one up in Dundrum and I dont recall it been any way cheap. Actually I remember thinking how over rated the place was as well, another one of these places thats living of its name.

Of course this is only my opinion on the place.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    TGI Fridays and Cheap, I dont think so. I have been to the one up in Dundrum and I dont recall it been any way cheap. Actually I remember thinking how over rated the place was as well, another one of these places thats living of its name.

Of course this is only my opinion on the place.

Cheap in comparison to some of the image-conscious restaurants in this town! Plus, you're not frowned upon for wearing jeans and trainers. A nice relaxed casual atmosphere...and emphasis on filling your plate, rather than a nicely-placed steak with a sprig of leaf on it. That'll do me!

I can't remember ever being frowned upon for wearing jeans and runners in any place i've ever eaten food in waterford, or anywhere else in ireland for that matter.

it's just a personal preference...I'd had them in la fontana and espresso and as much as they are nice pizzas I just love pizza hut.

Ye I suppose that's fair enough. I just don't like these overladen American style pizzas with everything on it and a soft dough.
    I like a genuine crispy fresh Italian pizza. With just 2 or 3 toppings that go with each other, not like with a mountain of everything including eggs & bacon or barbecue chicken or whatnot.

I think that La Fontana are the only ones making that kind of pizza. Also they're quite reasonable pricewise. Espresso I found pretty poor and Belissimo's while being nice enough for the equipment they have their pizzas are very small and way overpriced.

I'm probably a bit of a pizza buff I have to admit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭durrus

Surely the best pizza in town is that delicious slice of Italy they serve you in La Taverna. I love the dinky little scissors to cut it with too. The oven there is the proper shape for the kind of heat it takes to make really good pizza. Superb.

durrus wrote: »
    Surely the best pizza in town is that delicious slice of Italy they serve you in La Taverna. I love the dinky little scissors to cut it with too. The oven there is the proper shape for the kind of heat it takes to make really good pizza. Superb.

Uh, where is that? Sounds interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭durrus

La Taverna is on High St, next door to The Happy Garden.

And the cook their pizzas by setting the whole thing on fire! Nice pizzas alright...I'd say they'd be right up your alley realcam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

La Taverna and La Toscana are very good. But if you're looking for the Italian type (not fatty, doughy, pile of meat) pizza from one of the regular guys, I suggest Dominos with the thin base, low fat cheese, and avoid the meaty toppings, which are usually dripping with fat.

• Advertisement

merlante wrote: »
    La Taverna and La Toscana are very good. But if you're looking for the Italian type (not fatty, doughy, pile of meat) pizza from one of the regular guys, I suggest Dominos with the thin base, low fat cheese, and avoid the meaty toppings, which are usually dripping with fat.

La Fontana & La Toscana are the same thing right? I believe there was a name change, it's the place where 'Sizzlers' used to be?

Advertisement