Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pizza Hut

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

realcam wrote: »
    La Fontana & La Toscana are the same thing right? I believe there was a name change, it's the place where 'Sizzlers' used to be?

Really? Yeah, could be actually. I meant the place on the Quay and the place on High st., where Sui Sios used to be, outside city square. Hard to keep track of these name changes! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

merlante wrote: »
    Really? Yeah, could be actually. I meant the place on the Quay and the place on High st., where Sui Sios used to be, outside city square. Hard to keep track of these name changes! :)

Outside City Square That's called La Taverna food is supposed to be fab

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

trishw78 wrote: »

Indeed it is and indeed it is. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

trishw78 wrote: »

I agree with merlante above... it's more like a restaurant in Italy than an Italian restaurant in Ireland, if you know what I mean.

Been there three times now and I'd recommend it very highly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭durrus

I agree with the previous posters: La Taverna is very close to being an authentic Italian restaurant - the food is very close to what you would get in a little back street restaurant in any small Italian town. This can equally be said about Harlequin in Stephen St. although they don't do pizza there, the food though is delicious and very good value.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Moving back on topic...

I emailed the management company for Railway Square and no response yet. I cant seem to find out who is in charge of the Pizza Hut franchise for Ireland to contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Sully wrote: »
    Moving back on topic...

I emailed the management company for Railway Square and no response yet. I cant seem to find out who is in charge of the Pizza Hut franchise for Ireland to contact.

Someone said in here before that Pizza Hut in Ireland is run by the same people as KFC in Ireland. Though the name escapes me now. There has always been a brass plaque with the name near the counter in any I've been in.

Actually, I've just tracked it down. They are run by MBCC Foods (Ireland). They also run Costa Coffee here. Their address is available on cro.ie. Don't know about phone or e-mail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

About time!!

Opening next week :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Where? I went to one in Dublin before and I thought it was lovely.

Well there's good news and bad news.

Good news: Well it's pizza hut...and it's in Waterford!
    Bad news: It's take away and delivery only.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

That's all bad news really :(

I was only really looking forward to it for the sit down aspect.

Sure you can sit down at home.

I live 15miles outside the city, if they deliver that far I'll do a cartwheel.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Its opening in Ardkeen I think, is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

ziedth wrote: »
    I live 15miles outside the city, if they deliver that far I'll do a cartwheel.

Rent a place beside Pizza Hut and charge people €2 to bring their Pizza Hut pizza inside and eat it there.

That way you can avoid a lot of planning and health and safety issues.

Interesting......

Its opening in Ardkeen I think, is it?

Yep...Where Godfathers was I think

Pity they couldn't knock into next door and do a proper job on it although I'm not sure would they be as busy there. I'm surprised they didn't go for a spot in centre of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Joe Gt

You will have Dooleys chipper open down at the park in the coming weeks also , if you dont like Pizza Hut

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Creamsoda

Joe Gt wrote: »
    You will have Dooleys chipper open down at the park in the coming weeks also , if you dont like Pizza Hut

Do they make pizza's or something?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Hurray for terrible pizza.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Joe Gt wrote: »

Ah Dooley's wouldn't be the same without the smell of salty sea air.

Yep...Where Godfathers was I think

For once, a story a taxi driver told me is fully accurate! I heard that a few weeks ago but didn't believe it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭south

might be worth keeping an eye on this http://www.facebook.com/#!/getafreepizza

A maximum of 350 free pizzas per goal scored against France applies. Goals against France in a penalty shootout are not eligible for this offer.

They will be available for a few minutes

I didn't read it but they ate giving away 350 pizzas per goal France concede? They are gonna have to shell out some loaf of pizzas I'd say

ziedth wrote: »
    I didn't read it but they ate giving away 350 pizzas per goal France concede? They are gonna have to shell out some loaf of pizzas I'd say

I'd imagine it is 350 nationwide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

For once, a story a taxi driver told me is fully accurate! I heard that a few weeks ago but didn't believe it!

Godfathers is closing??? I was in there last week! They're the only pizza place I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

so is pizza hut def opening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

There's be a big sign up in Godfathers window about Pizza Hut franchise opening there.

Advertisement