Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-Season Friendlies - Tuesday and Thursday.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

So we may have to start with a sub goalie?

Even if Darylls lecture lasts 60 mins I doubt he'll be out to Knocklyon by 8pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

bring your 'keeper friend Keith, please.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Des wrote: »
    bring your 'keeper friend Keith, please.

Just checking on his availability now, will update shortly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Will come if you desperately need players but I was swimming today and gym so I'm totally wrecked.

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Will come if you desperately need players but I was swimming today and gym so I'm totally wrecked.

F**king students.. get a real job :D

Des my keeper friend is in.

• Advertisement

Good stuff.

tell him what he needs.

it'll be a tenner a head.

F**king students.. get a real job :D

I'm not a student. It just so happens I get paid a ridiculous amount to do very little (i.e. teach students) It's gotta end sometime though, we're being audited at the moment. So what does this Martin guy do? Well, nothing really. Job over :D

Good stuff.

tell him what he needs.

it'll be a tenner a head.

I presume we have a jersey, so he'll just need shorts and socks etc, though the jersey might be a bit big on him anyway

We've no keepers jersey I think. Doesn't really matter though.

We have two goalkeepers jerseys.

A Green one and a Grey one.

I have the green one with me today.

• Advertisement

Never even knew that!

1 ; Daryl - Tues - 60/40 no, Thurs - Yes
    2 ; Clayton - No for Tues, maybe for Thurs
    3 ; Martin - Tues No, Thurs Yes
    4 ; Ed - YES for both.
    5 ; Dan - Yes for both
    6 ; Michael - Yes for Both
    7 ; Keith - Yes for both
    8 ; Mick Mc - In for tuesday, 50/50 thurs
    9 ; Gav - Yes to both
    10 ; Iain - In for both
    11 ; Art - No Tuesday, Yes Thursday
    12 ; Eddie - Tuesday YES, Thursday NO
    13 ; Jules - In for both
    14 ; Lepo - Yes for both
    15 ; Cathal -Injured.
    16 ; Ciaran -Away for both games (Ireland match)

17 ; Dave - NoTuesday, Yes Thurs
    18 ; Mark - No for both, injured
    19 ; Conor - Tues no, Thurs yes
    20 ; Collie - Yes Tues, No Thurs
    21; Geoff - Yes for both

Also, a 'keeper from Keith
    and a new lad, interested in signing, Graham, Gav's mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

im pulling out of this so now that we have enough. if this changes des, let me know but i just need to rest my leg as much as possible at the moment.

you coming out anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

you coming out anyway?

No need to get personal Des, I fail to see what that has to do with the match.

you coming out anyway?

not sure yet, was late for work this morning so i will prob have to stay late as ive something to get done for tomorrow morning.

EDIT :still in work, not going to make it now anyway

Draupnir wrote: »
    No need to get personal Des, I fail to see what that has to do with the match.

ha ha :D

Word is 1-0 victory with Gav getting a goal late on. Sure the lads will be along to fill us in later.

thirteen players turned up, and Daryl came late.

Started off

clay

keith---dan---geoff---mick

gav----iain---collie----lepo

jules
    eddie

Michael on the bench
    Graham on the bench

Iain got injured early in the first half, so Dan went CM and Graham went CH with Geoff.

played alright first half, the new fellas very impressive, changed it up a bit for the second half, Michael going LB and Mick pushing up the wing.

Some better ball to the forwards, and we threatened without being clinical.

Late on, a great ball from Collie found Gav in space and he shot low to the far corner.

One nil is a decent result against these, so looking good so far.

No thursday and we can try more stuff.

Graham is kayroo is he? Is Iain's injury serious?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Yeh Des is spot on there, game of two halves really - we played around in our half a bit much first half and they were playing it out of defence at every opportunity. I didn't articulate it well at half-time as I was frustrated, but the type of ball we got up front second-half was exactly what we were looking for - I wasn't looking for hoofing long balls, just straight 20 yard balls to feet from midfield. The service and all round play second half was really excellent I thought - hands up we should have done more with it up front but if we keep playing like that, we'll be grand.

Second half they barely got to play it out of defence at all as we were splitting the fullback and centre-halve better and our wingers pushed up. That left them going long ball and Dan and Collie won the lion's share of the second balls and the defence snapped up plenty too.

Add in what I thought were very impressive performances from the newcomers - Collie and Graham, and that was a very worthwhile runout tonight.

Gutted for Iain though - just a few minutes back and was looking good on the ball and then gets injured. Let's hope it's not ligament damage like he suspects and is just a sprain.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

From what I saw of the game, definitely some very good lines of inquiry to be explored for the new season to me. I was also right behind Gav's shot - in from the minute it was hit :cool:

great to keep the winning going and good to have 2 new lads in to freshen things up. that was the ideal squad size for a friendly, more of the same on thursday and were sortred.

Thought it was a good game, as Jules said we tried to play it around a bit in the first half and got caught out a few times but best to do these things in friendlies anyway, it seemed our midfield went missing for the last 10 or so in first half.

2nd half I felt we dominated, Collie and Dan were immense in midfield and we started pushing up the wings a lot better, they started hoofing balls up front which we dealt with pretty handily.

Good game by Graham aswell though I would have though the was a bit too skillful for a defender:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Thought it was a good game, as Jules said we tried to play it around a bit in the first half and got caught out a few times but best to do these things in friendlies anyway, it seemed our midfield went missing for the last 10 or so in first half.

2nd half I felt we dominated, Collie and Dan were immense in midfield and we started pushing up the wings a lot better, they started hoofing balls up front which we dealt with pretty handily.

Good game by Graham aswell though I would have though the was a bit too skillful for a defender:D

+1 on all of that....I'd say Graham is the type of player that has plenty of versatility alright and where his best position will be if he does join will be interesting to see.....nice problem for the manager to have!

1 ; Daryl -Thurs - Yes
    2 ; Clayton - maybe for Thurs
    3 ; Martin - Thurs Yes
    4 ; Ed - YES
    5 ; Dan - Ye
    6 ; Michael - Yes
    7 ; Keith - Yes
    8 ; Mick Mc - 50/50 thurs
    9 ; Gav - Yes
    10 ; Iain - Yes (depends on the injury I presume?)
    11 ; Art - Yes Thursday
    12 ; Eddie - NO (i think Ed said training is cancelled and he can play?)
    13 ; Jules - Yes
    14 ; Lepo - Yes
    15 ; Cathal -Injured.
    17 ; Dave -Yes Thurs
    18 ; Mark - No
    19 ; Conor - Thurs yes
    20 ; Collie - No Thurs
    21; Geoff - Yes for both
    22; Graham -

I'm not colour coding :)

Jesus, that league we're in is tough. Better start doing me stretches now....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

Torn ligaments. 4 weeks out at least. Gutted but it could have been worse. The lads will still be there tomorrow but I won't. Back in the mothers being nursed back to health!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

1 ; Daryl - Thurs - Yes
    2 ; Clayton - maybe for Thurs
    3 ; Martin - Thurs Yes
    4 ; Ed - YES
    5 ; Dan - Yes
    6 ; Michael - Yes
    7 ; Keith - Yes

8 ; Mick Mc - 50/50 thurs
    9 ; Gav - Yes
    10 ; Iain - No
    11 ; Art - Yes Thursday
    12 ; Eddie - NO (i think Ed said training is cancelled and he can play?)
    13 ; Jules - Yes
    14 ; Lepo - Yes

15 ; Cathal -Injured.

17 ; Dave -Yes Thurs
    18 ; Mark - No
    19 ; Conor - Thurs yes
    20 ; Collie - No Thurs
    21; Geoff - Yes for both
    22; Graham -

I'm not colour coding :)

Yes, I have that much time on my hands today:)

• Advertisement

we are lucky we have a 2 week break, have picked up 4/5 injuries this week including TAone.

those monday night grass games are a pain in the hole. we lost for the first time since september, on monday, missing 10 players, 7 of who would be first 11. mark made his comeback to the team. its going to cost us the league now i think.

i will be there tomorrow, looks like we will have 13 or so again, which is spot on for friendlies.

Advertisement