Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

siberian huskys i need a bit of help

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Neverwhere

I apologise. I actually wasn't being rude at all, I was trying to explain and you seemed to be annoyed at what I was saying. I have reread what you wrote a couple of times....

I understand you have that info, but you dont have all of the documentation that you were talking about, which is the point I was trying to make for the future. You don't know what you are doing, you are looking for advice...and I was merely giving you adice on my experience of buying purebreds.

I am a rather abrupt person, so I apologise if you took me the wrong way.

However I do not appreciate being told "jesus relax child" or anything of the sort. You seem to be gettig aggro when people are giving you their opinion and telling you things you don't want to hear. You asked for advice and are receiving it, its the interent....you can filter out what you don't like.

Again, I apologise and shall leave you to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭aaronsbz

Neverwhere wrote: »
    I apologise. I actually wasn't being rude at all, I was trying to explain and you seemed to be annoyed at what I was saying. I have reread what you wrote a couple of times....

I understand you have that info, but you dont have all of the documentation that you were talking about, which is the point I was trying to make for the future. You don't know what you are doing, you are looking for advice...and I was merely giving you adice on my experience of buying purebreds.

I am a rather abrupt person, so I apologise if you took me the wrong way.

However I do not appreciate being told "jesus relax child" or anything of the sort. You seem to be gettig aggro when people are giving you their opinion and telling you things you don't want to hear. You asked for advice and are receiving it, its the interent....you can filter out what you don't like.

Again, I apologise and shall leave you to it.

im not getting aggro and your not telling me what i dont want to hear....
    your just trying to say i dont have a clue because i didnt get the papers but i seen the forms were the vet sign the pups microchips n all and then he sent the forms off to register the pups yeah maybe he done it a bit late but i no im getting them.

sorry if im coming across rude or as if i dont want to hear what your telling me im a very straigh forward person and i hate ppl telling me im wrong when i no im right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Neverwhere

nahh your ok, i think its hard to read peoples tone in writing. We just have similar styles.

I am rather abrupt in typing sometimes. I wasn't trying to tell you were wrong, just trying to give you some advice when you go on to buy your siberian. (good luck with that, my fiance desperately wants to get one!) Next time just make sure the breeder gives you all documentation when you go to collect the pup and make sure everything is in your name, it makes it a lot easier for you on top of everything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭cloudy day

ISDW wrote: »
    There are a few breeders in the country with imports, not just from the UK, but also from Canada, USA and continental Europe. I don't show dogs, so I don't know what the lines are in the top show dogs, but I guess you're probably not talking about them? And of course then you've got the movie factor, so a lot of puppy farmers just pumping out dogs from the same sires and dams all the time for the cute fluffy snow dogs.

I've got 5 sibes of my own, and its amazing the difference in them, one of them is big for a sibe, well he would be big for a show dog, but he's a fantastic worker, so I think it depends what you want from a dog. He came from the UK, in fact 3 out of my 5 did, so maybe I have an unrealistic view of them.

However, I've had a few through the rescue now and there have been a couple that are registered with the IKC that I've wondered whether they are pure breed, or whether there was some crossing in their ancestry. We had a bitch in a couple of months ago that was in pup when she came, she had 11 pups. Speaking with someone that is very, very knowledgeable about the breed, that I highly respect, she was suspicious about that, as sibes don't have such big litters, but all the pups looked like sibes. I obviously told the new owners that they may not be pedigree sibes, but so far they don't look like anything else:D Apparently the KC in the UK are now investigating large litters in sibes. I have a malamute in that has full papers, but I would say she is a husky/mal cross. Sorry, I know thats not really answering your question about the small gene pool. There are a lot of sibe breeders in Ireland, but I don't know how many stud dogs there are, whether there are just a few doing the rounds.

I guess its the same with most breeds, the responsible, good breeders expand the gene pool, but the ones just out to make money don't care where the sire and dam come from, as long as they've got their papers and they can sell the pups for lots of money.

Hiya. are the E.K.C investigating the big litters. any news on that, is it tied in with suspicions of xbreeding and possibly forged papers ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭cloudy day

aaronsbz wrote: »
    if any1 wants to see my pup i dont no how to upload pic mso heres a link to his pic .....

http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.jsp?MemberId=3731106184&PhotoAlbumId=10469537085&PhotoId=10469551442PhotoAlbumBig.jsp?MemberId=3731106184&PhotoAlbumId=10469537085&PhotoId=10469551442

Hi. How did you get on with your pup after. did you get the reg papers. I couldn't access your bebo pic so I haven't seen him.

there are a lot of shady breeders about (unfortunately) and going by what the others are saying maybe he a samoyed hybrid, mix of sibe and sam.

I'm really interested to see his pic and to know did things work out for you.

Also if you didn't get reg papers you can take him into vet to scan for a chip and get the number.

• Advertisement
Advertisement