Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

siberian huskys i need a bit of help

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭aaronsbz

ISDW wrote: »
    Ya see, me being so naive and trusting, I hadn't even thought of that:D

We got our white sibe at 12 weeks, and this was her at that age.

2006missingfotos026.jpg
    Very different look to the op's puppy.[/quote

yeah i no it looks different but does females tend not to be as fury and the mother was pure white and looked like your sibe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

I hope that your dog is a sibe, because I know thats what you want, and you want to show him, it is really difficult to tell from photos, thats why you're just going to have to keep putting pictures of him up for us all to see:D

Sorry but one thing you said, there is no difference in the 'furriness' of males and females. I had a recent litter here, 2 males, 1 female, one of the males has a different coat to the others, more furry. I also saw one of my other sibes with his mum and litter mates, and there was no difference in the coat between the males and females.

Yes kassie, that is Sky.

yeah and samoyed can be only white .....my pup was one of two that was just white the other 4 in the litter were fawn and white...

and i seen the papers they mother and father were siberian huskys.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭kassie

aaronsbz wrote: »
    yeah and samoyed can be only white .....my pup was one of two that was just white the other 4 in the litter were fawn and white...

and i seen the papers they mother and father were siberian huskys.

Did you not get your own paper work with the pup??

kassie wrote: »
    Did you not get your own paper work with the pup??

i only have him two weeks the breeder has to sort it out he only sent it off after he sold his last pup last week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

Hate to say it but it looks like a Samoyed to me too.

Samoyed pups:

kabeara-kennels-samoyed-390.jpg

brosket.3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

i only have him two weeks the breeder has to sort it out he only sent it off after he sold his last pup last week.

God Aaron, i really hope you get your papers. There are a lot of dodgy breeders who say they will send them on and never do. Have you been in touch with him since you got the pup? id be getting on to him again. You should have gotten the papers with the pup really. Was this breeder recommended to you,can you trust him?

I just hope you get the papers as you wont be able to show him if you dont.

Any more pics of the pup?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Far as I know samoyeds are from siberia and genetically very close to the siberian husky..

They are both in the huskie family i think, but are def 2 diff breeds. I just hope the OP wasnt conned with the papers etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Neverwhere

OP, i really stick by what i said at the start....definately looks like a sammy. Looks similar to my dog as a pup. Where did youget the dog from??

It's not really a biggie...samoyeds are in the husky family too and make great pets. Our dog is just over two years and is one of the sweetest dogs ive ever met.

edit: after looking back over your pics its definately a samoyed. No mistaking it for a white husky.

• Advertisement

OP, is there any chance that you can some more pictures of your puppy and post them up? I really do hope that we're all wrong, as you want to show him. There are fluffier sibes as well, I have one in rescue at the moment that is pretty fluffy, and the 3 month old pup that we have is fluffier than his brother and sister were, so it is possible.

Fingers crossed for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭leelee_m

id be a bit wary that he OP didnt get the papers when he bought the pup.
    When i got my sibe i got all her papers, and her vacc card and she was microchipped. all i had to do was send off to the kennel club to get the ownership changed to my name.

He should get onto the breeder about getting the papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Actually looking at it again, it might be a samoyed, compare him to my white sibe he's 10 weeks old.

http://file048b.bebo.com/20/large/2009/04/03/03/102031074a10507645985l.jpg

http://file048b.bebo.com/20/large/2009/04/03/03/102031074a10507645936l.jpg

hey i just seen the pic up off the samoyed pup i can see were yous are all coming from but its much more fluffy than mine and my dog has a more pointyer nose and the samoyeds tail is so different and my dogs ears are ell more pointed up.....

yes i was talking to the breeder last week and i no were he lives and ive seen all the papers so i no ill defo get them also his dad was realy hairy compared to the other male husky he was and he was fawn and white not pure white so he wasnt a somoyed. his litter mates were fawn and white so cannot be a sammoyed.

i wish yous could all see him in person yous would all think different and i no were yous are coming from but i no he is a sibe ive been looking at pics of pure white sib pups and there are some like mine.

leelee_m wrote: »
    id be a bit wary that he OP didnt get the papers when he bought the pup.
    When i got my sibe i got all her papers, and her vacc card and she was microchipped. all i had to do was send off to the kennel club to get the ownership changed to my name.

He should get onto the breeder about getting the papers.

Completely agree with that. We wanted a samoyed after living with friends who had a wonderful old sammy. When looking for purebreds like huskys you really need to go through the proper channel.
    When we got our dog we contacted the samoyed association of Ireland and got our puppy through them. Like quoted poster, we got all of the above. Always check out the breeder.

edit: OP posted at the same time. You said you wanted to get another husky, next time you do make sure you are actually in receipt of all official documentation. When buying a purebred you are supposed to be given those papers. also, make sure the dog is microchipped. You would be surprised how often purebreds get stolen for the puppy farms.

Can you post up some more pics of him maybe? Maybe he has changed since the pics you have up on bebo.

Neverwhere wrote: »
    Completely agree with that. We wanted a samoyed after living with friends who had a wonderful old sammy. When looking for purebreds like huskys you really need to go through the proper channel.
    When we got our dog we contacted the samoyed association of Ireland and got our puppy through them. Like quoted poster, we got all of the above. Always check out the breeder.

edit: OP posted at the same time. You said you wanted to get another husky, next time you do make sure you are actually in receipt of all official documentation. When buying a purebred you are supposed to be given those papers. also, make sure the dog is microchipped. You would be surprised how often purebreds get stolen for the puppy farms.

hey i got a cert that shows my pup got vaccinations and microchipped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭leelee_m

The most important thing you need though is the papers showing the pups pedigree. especially if you want to show him! And if you want to get the ownership changed to your name you fill out a form thats on the back of his registration paper and send it back to the kennel club to get your name put on it. :)

yeah i no about that the breeder explained all this to me aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

lso his dad was realy hairy compared to the other male husky he was and he was fawn and white not pure white so he wasnt a somoyed. his litter mates were fawn and white so cannot be a sammoyed.

Samoyeds can be fawn also I think.

So can mongrels btw :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

Have you had the microchip details changed so they are in your name?

Bambi- Samoyeds can only be white.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭cos!!

Bambi- Samoyeds can only be white.

Samoyeds can come in white, cream or biscuit, although you usually only see white because people prefer the "big fluffy white dogs" the breed standards of the samoyed allows for the three colours and all three colours could be seen in the show ring

my apologies....when reading your posts you said you SAW the papers...you gave me no indication that you actually had them yourself.

neverwhere, I don't think the OP has the papers, he has a vaccination card only.

no i dont have the papers yet but i am definitly getting them i was on o the breeder today .... he said i have to sign the back of it and send it to the kennel club.

lol well then there was no need to reply to my post like i was wrong....that was the whole point of it....you dont have the papers, you should always get ALL of the documentation off the breeder as soon as you buy the dog, everything should be in your name, etc etc.

lol well then there was no need to reply to my post like i was wrong....that was the whole point of it....you dont have the papers, you should always get ALL of the documentation off the breeder as soon as you buy the dog, everything should be in your name, etc etc.

i never said you were wrong i sad i was getting the papers like jesus relax child.

i never said you were wrong i sad i was getting the papers like jesus relax child.

if you reread your post to me you actually said you had some documentation.....not that you were getting it.

theres no need to be so incredibly rude about it. you obviously dont have a clue what you are doing so i was merely giving advice on my experience of purchasing pure breds.

• Advertisement

if you reread your post to me you actually said you had some documentation.....not that you were getting it.

theres no need to be so incredibly rude about it. you obviously dont have a clue what you are doing so i was merely giving advice on my experience of purchasing pure breds.

well if you reread it yourself youll see i said the documentation i have is vacc and microchipping.

and nobody on here is being rude bar yourself.

obviously i didnt have a clue thats why i posted to get avice not a lecture of some ignorant person like you.

Advertisement