Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheeky Beggers!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Am I the only one picturing you shouting "Dance monkey dance!!!" at loads of beggars?:confused:

Well, it would pass an hour or so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

There's a bloke(irish) who sits outside Centra in nassau st every bleeding day,right beside the door.
    I'm sick to the back teeth of the cnunt because he makes sure to ask everybody individually for change and then makes some remark when they ignore him.
    He's there all day every day and i'm seriously fixin' to give him a root up the hole if he asks me for money again...

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭meganj

Maybe they should! Why not?

I just think your ranting about something that's ridiculous. So a beggar was a little bit smart with you. Big flipping flamingo. Get over it and move on.

What bothers me is that your not giving out about someone being smart with you, your giving out about a beggar being smart with you as if it's terrible that someone who relies on the few euros he/she gets off people like you and me made a smart comment. You weren't going to give him money anyway! It's not like you handed him a fifty euro note and he spat in your face! Then you'd have something to complain about!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,024 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Degsy wrote: »
    There's a bloke(irish) who sits outside Centra in nassau st every bleeding day,right beside the door.
    I'm sick to the back teeth of the cnunt because he makes sure to ask everybody individually for change and then makes some remark when they ignore him.
    He's there all day every day and i'm seriously fixin' to give him a root up the hole if he asks me for money again...

I'm certain that he will be overcome by your generosity and that there will be a Saint Degsy day as a result. National Root A Bum Day.

meganj wrote: »

I just think your ranting about something that's ridiculous. So a beggar was a little bit smart with you. Big flipping flamingo. Get over it and move on.

What bothers me is that your not giving out about someone being smart with you, your giving out about a beggar being smart with you as if it's terrible that someone who relies on the few euros he/she gets off people like you and me made a smart comment. You weren't going to give him money anyway! It's not like you handed him a fifty euro note and he spat in your face! Then you'd have something to complain about!

Do you not think that people should have the rightto go about thier busness without being hassled for money?
    Why should strangers feel comfortable asking other strangers for handouts and mouthing off at them if they're refused.
    Most people wouldnt have the brass neck to bum money in the streets and rightly so,let the beggars go to hell...abusing people is covered under the Non-Fatal Offences Against The person Act which gives you grounds for self defence if you feel threatened enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭pipeliner

on christmas eve there was this roma out side the shopping centre looking for change but i had none.

When i was coming back out, i felt guilty due to the day that was in it so i fumbled out some for her but she was busy on her god damned mobile.

I moved on thinking nothing of it only for her to come screaming after me 'please sir please sir'. That pissed me off that she caught me but i gave her a euro, only for her to smirk and say is that all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

Do you not think that people should have the rightto go about thier busness without being hassled for money?
    Why should strangers feel comfortable asking other strangers for handouts and mouthing off at them if they're refused.
    Most people wouldnt have the brass neck to bum money in the streets and rightly so,let the beggars go to hell...abusing people is covered under the Non-Fatal Offences Against The person Act which gives you grounds for self defence if you feel threatened enough.

Maybe if people were less obsessed about every penny in their pockets these situations wouldn't have came up in the first place...

The problem isn't with the beggers attitude, its with the greed humanity knows all too well... If you were on the other end of the stick I'm sure you'd be pissed off too...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It wouldn't help our poor economy if they where.

So what if beggars get mouthy, I'd say they're so willing do be that way because people ignore what they say anyway. If it really bothers you so much you can sleep easy knowing he'll be sleeping under a wet sheet of cardboard in some doorway.

Well said!
    I moved on thinking nothing of it only for her to come screaming after me 'please sir please sir'. That pissed me off that she caught me but i gave her a euro, only for her to smirk and say is that all?

Hahaha. Got exactly what you deserved there mate.

Zangetsu wrote: »
    If you were on the other end of the stick I'm sure you'd be pissed off too...

That not enough people were just handing you free money? Get a bloody grip!

Nobody owes these lads anything so stop acting like we do.

• Advertisement

Correction he doesn't rely on money from me as he'll never get it.

And what if I was actually going to give him change? would he have said no i wasn't asking you! here have it back

don't think so!

Zangetsu wrote: »
    Maybe if people were less obsessed about every penny in their pockets these situations wouldn't have came up in the first place...

The problem isn't with the beggers attitude, its with the greed humanity knows all too well... If you were on the other end of the stick I'm sure you'd be pissed off too...

So we shouldnt work for a living as it begats begging..we should all beg?

The funny thing is i have to get up for work in the morning and put up with all sorts of shiite in order to get paid,then the poxy government takes a hufge bit out of my arse very month and i just about have enough to get by when the bills are paid.
    I absolutley do not have spare money to give to people who dont want to work..thats what taxes are for.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I was walking down Grafton street on one of my forays into the city and saw some scruffy beggar next to an ATM, thought nothing of it but passed him 10 minutes later and he was still there talking unashemedly on his mobile phone.

I was rather surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I was walking down Grafton street on one of my forays into the city and saw some scruffy beggar next to an ATM, thought nothing of it but passed him 10 minutes later and he was still there talking unashemedly on his mobile phone.
    How do you know it was his, maybe he stole it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

ScumLord wrote: »
    How do you know it was his, maybe he stole it.

Or found it and was ringing someone from the phone book in an attempt to return it to its rightful owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

This isn't as unbelievable as the time a chap begging off Grafton street - without missing a beat - offered to break a €20 note for me after I took it out of the wall n said it was all I had.

I actually cracked up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

I was rather surprised.

I wouldn't be surprised. The guy outside the ATM on dame street, beside dublin castle wears clothes and runners that I wouldn't buy cos they're too expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭kildara

Milky Moo wrote: »
    Oh I hate those guys so much,one nearly reduced me to tears one day!fúckers!

What do they do at the Luas ticket machines?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,257 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

kildara wrote: »

Make your eyes water.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭kildara

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Make your eyes water.
    Eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,257 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

S

Hobosexual... excellent. It'd make showering after the deed so much more important though :D
    And whaen you get a blow job you know they're gonna swallow every drop...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

Beggars at ATM's are the worst. They should get to the back of the line and wait their turn just like everyone else! :mad:

I particulary hate the ones clutching pictures of the virgin mary and roasary beads..trying to shame the God-fearin',pius,ignorant bog irish into handing over money on pain of eternal damnation.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Milky Moo

He asked me for change I said I had none.
    He then preceeded to coyly talk crap about me so the people I was with couldn't hear it but I damn sure could,now I can take the usual drunken/drugged up abuse you sometimes have to contend with but he said it with such venom...So I am there plopping my 20cs in (the one day i was right down to the wire in coins for the ticket)and he's there sitting beside the machine calling me every name under the sun,it was horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

They PISS YOU OFF, when you are trying to get your change.

Its 10 times more difficult to get away from the bastards when they
    know you have change in you hand. :mad:

I find the one on Abbey street to be the absolute worst for this ****.

Usually there are 2 of them.

I normally try to avoid the abbey st one when I can as especially when it gets dark its dodgy as hell. If I do have to use it it's with exact change only too.
    When some of them get money you can see them down around the area drinking their cans etc like 5 minutes later.

The worst is when they try and press your buttons for ye. Thanks mate I wasn't sure how to work this complex machine. Sure if you werent here I'd be stuck here all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Westwood

anyone who gives beggers money and then complains on an internet forum about them is begging for a good hidin. they wouldnt be beggin if nobody gave them money. but their will always be a few so their wil always be beggers. if a roma dirtbird came up to me id grab them in a headlock and give them a DDT. you guys are way to nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭ADTR

Westwood wrote: »
    anyone who gives beggers money and then complains on an internet forum about them is begging for a good hidin. they wouldnt be beggin if nobody gave them money. but their will always be a few so their wil always be beggers. if a roma dirtbird came up to me id grab them in a headlock and give them a DDT. you guys are way to nice.

Well said. Giving beggars money only encourages them. If people weren't soft, these beggars would need to get their lives in order instead of depending on handouts.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Hobosexual... excellent. It'd make showering after the deed so much more important though :D

Hobosexual thats brilliant.Wonder what yer man in the "homophobic" thread would have to say about that.

He probably wouldnt approve because its too dirty :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Westwood wrote: »
    Yep.Nothing shows roma beggars like pro wrestling :rolleyes:

Advertisement