Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheeky Beggers!

Options
  • 20-03-2009 3:36pm

I was taking out money yesterday from an ATM where a beggar fella was sitting asking for spare change, to which I replied politely ''sorry I've no change'', then the cheeky fecker says '' I wasn't askin' you anyway''

I was a quite offended by this, like my money isn't good enough for him or something haha.

So then I checked all my pockets to see if I did have any change so i could rattle in my pockets to freak him out but i actually had no change:o

Anyone else come across any cheeky beggars??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭trailerparkboy

Yeah i have lots espically the non national ones, i usually just walk ahead then take a big wad of 50s out and laugh at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

*sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Those bastards at the luas ticket machines!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You ought to have stuffed a few hundred euro in his pocket, that would have showed the smart arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

In fairno, ye should have shat in his cup.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Ruu wrote: »
    You ought to have stuffed a few hundred euro in his pocket, that would have showed the smart arse!

Why not go straight to the point and just shove it up his ass hole??

Then hed be a smart rich arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Milky Moo

Shiny wrote: »
    Those bastards at the luas ticket machines!
    Oh I hate those guys so much,one nearly reduced me to tears one day!fúckers!

Ruu wrote: »

That got me thinking why do they even bother begging outside ATM's?

As if anyone is gonna give them a note.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It sounds like he was only having a laugh. Relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Maybe they use the receipts to nest

• Advertisement

No he wasn't he was dead serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

How do ya know?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,024 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

He was probably the bank manager on his lunch break.

ClioV6 wrote: »
    How do ya know?

Because of the way he said it and the look he gave me.

*Woo my 100th post*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I rather enjoy the homeless/beggars that are entertaining. I'd give them something if they made me laugh, the ones that just sit there, head down, cup out, they just get walked around, or over. Yes, they should be there for my entertainment.
    There was one guy that used to hang around on Baggot st, used to crack us up, we used to sit and have a can with him occasionally. Really funny chap, quite intelligent too. Haven't been there in over a year, wonder if he's still there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

should have lit a smoke and tapped into his cup

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭meganj

so what if he was serious? He's a BEGGAR! I think they're entitled to make a smart comment once and awhile.

I'd much prefer a smartarsed beggar then one who hassled me constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,257 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

There's a georgeous one that used to beg on one of the green line luas stations. Arse to die for....

jesus, I'm turning into a hobosexual.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

What do you mean
    meganj wrote: »
    so what if he was serious? He's a BEGGAR

That should mean he should appreciate anything he gets and not snub someone just because they didn't give him some change once.
    That just makes me not want to give him change even more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

There, there.

http://www.irish-counselling.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭Homer

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    jesus, I'm turning into a hobosexual.

Do you fantasize about being dominated in a cardboard box? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭meganj

What do you mean

That should mean he should appreciate anything he gets and not snub someone just because they didn't give him some change once.

So you believe that beggards should be simpering fools? bowing to you? "oh thank you sir for your two euro, thank you. would you like me to lick your shoes?" you didn't give him change he made a smart comment, it's a free country. just because he's a beggar doesn't mean he can't make a joke. laugh and the whole world laughs with you, bitch about beggars and the whole world thinks your taking it to seriously.

Hobosexual... excellent. It'd make showering after the deed so much more important though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

What do you mean

A case of "beggers can't be choosers".

• Registered Users Posts: 33,257 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Homer wrote: »
    Do you fantasize about being dominated in a cardboard box? :p

It's called BDSM

(Begging-domination scrounging masochism)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I rather enjoy the homeless/beggars that are entertaining. I'd give them something if they made me laugh, the ones that just sit there, head down, cup out, they just get walked around, or over. Yes, they should be there for my entertainment.
    There was one guy that used to hang around on Baggot st, used to crack us up, we used to sit and have a can with him occasionally. Really funny chap, quite intelligent too. Haven't been there in over a year, wonder if he's still there.
    Am I the only one picturing you shouting "Dance monkey dance!!!" at loads of beggars?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭Homer

Am I the only one picturing you shouting "Dance monkey dance!!!" at loads of beggars?:confused:

Who can forget the original Bumfights videos from the late 90's..

Guys made literally millions and millions of dollars by getting drunken tramps and homeless people to knock seven shades of shoite out of each other and post it on the net!

Ingenious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

I'd much prefer a smartarsed beggar then one who hassled me constantly.

I'd rather no beggers. Especially ones at ATM's

So you believe that beggards should be simpering fools? bowing to you? "oh thank you sir for your two euro, thank you. would you like me to lick your shoes?" you didn't give him change he made a smart comment, it's a free country. just because he's a beggar doesn't mean he can't make a joke. laugh and the whole world laughs with you, bitch about beggars and the whole world thinks your taking it to seriously.

Fine i'll laugh at him next time he asks for money:D

Do all you beggar lovers want to move to your own town? Beggarsville sounds good.

Sure they're great chaps after all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,024 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

It seems like you think that they should hand out business-cards and have secretaries, so that they can sort out the high-flying donors from the tight-fisted bastards like me.

Advertisement