Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 09 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

Irish Iron wrote: »
    are either bentley or carew 442??

Ill have to double check when I go online but I'm 90% sure their both 442.

Y2J - I'm not really looking for coins just trades for players of the same position so if you have any RM you want to get rid of let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,428 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I hate Liverpool fans and I hate the gimps even worse after this game...
    Gerrard rated 90 up for sale...bid is currently at 18,000.
    There's a buy now price of 300,000...not a chance in hell mate...
    Hell the top players are maybe going for 50k max..I sold Ibhramivic for 30k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Nope. If you think about it, there would just be loads of people searching for ones ending in the next couple of mins, and a massive amount of last min bids. You could bid with 1min left and have 10 bids after you, because everyone would be seeing the same players.

Best way I've found to do this is

a) put your minimum bid in
    b) take a note of the time ending (eg. 12h 51mins)
    c) log on after 12h 48mins or something, and go to Trade Status, if you were outbid on your player it will show up here.

This is how I got both Fabregas and Sergio Ramos.. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Best way I've found to do this is

a) put your minimum bid in
    b) take a note of the time ending (eg. 12h 51mins)
    c) log on after 12h 48mins or something, and go to Trade Status, if you were outbid on your player it will show up here.

This is how I got both Fabregas and Sergio Ramos.. :-)

There are better ways. Filter it so that only gold card players come up but the price is below 400g. Now you won't get the top top players but you will get some decent gold carders for nothing if you just scroll looking at the times only

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

thewools wrote: »
    Really have to look at getting my chemistry going soon though - but does it make a big difference really? If you have the players and are pretty decent at the game does it matter much??

My god yes! :-)

Hell of a difference. I have a team full of B-rated spanish players, 2 English strikers, only Fabregas and Sergio Ramos are rated over 85. Spanish coach (Aragones) and a 4-4-2 formation, and my chemistry is 94.

Makes a hell of a difference, played a Level 18 guy there last night with a front line of Ronaldinho, Messi and Ronaldo, back line of Nesta, Maicon Carvalho and someone else (I always check the teams :) )..

Destroyed him 5-1.. hat-trick by Dean Ashton

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Bentley is 4-1-2-1-2 I think?

SantryRed wrote: »
    Bentley is 4-1-2-1-2 I think?

I'm not 100% sure if that's the formation but he definitely wasn't 442 anyway when I checked.

Stuck now for 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2 cards.
    All of my players are english bar meself :D and once I can get them all playing in the same formation my team is going to look very well.
    People are looking for ridiculous money for Gerrard/Rooney..
    Hell I had D'Eto...not one person bid on him..and people looking for 300+ plus for the 2 lads...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Manager: 	Martin O'Neill
    Chemistry:	87
    Formation:	4-4-1-1

T.Howard (USA)
    Arbeloa (SP)	Carragher (ENG)	Lescott (ENG)	Baines (ENG)
    I.Abata (ITA)	Jenas (ENG)	X.Alonso (SP)	Riera (SP)
    		Floccari (ITA)
    				Bianchi (ITA)

Reserves:
    CF:	Vahirua (FRA)
    ST:	Saha (FRA)
    LM:	Obraniak (FRA)
    CB:	Jagielka (ENG)
    CM:	Osman (ENG)
    CF:	Raul (SP)

Thats the work in progress for the moment, 4411, which is everyones preferred position. Swap the frontline entirely if needs be to keep the nationalities the same, and good CB and CM to rotate in if needs be (they get quite tired alot...). Brought Raul in, with the long term goal of getting Torres in alongside him up front.

Contracts are starting to piss me off. Can't ever use the good team I created unless I want to spend a long time with a ****e team getting all of their contracts up high

• Advertisement

Team so far

Robinson (442)
    G. Johnson (442) Caragher (4411) Ferdinand (442) L Bairnes (4411)

Joe Cole (4411) Gerrard (4411) Reo-Croker (442) Downing (442_

Myself (4411) Rooney (4411)

Subs: Defoe/Bent/Milner/Richards/Parker/Ashley Cole (all 442 or other)

Chemistry so far is 73.
    If I can get a few more 4411 cards I'll be on the pig's back with top players and excellent chemistry.
    I'm also ashamed to admit that to get my chemistry up higher I changed my nationality for my created player to english which bought me up from 69 to 73. :o
    I'm not proud of it but heh..it's all about win;)ning

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

I'm also ashamed to admit that to get my chemistry up higher I changed my nationality for my created player to english which bought me up from 69 to 73. :o
    I'm not proud of it but heh..it's all about win;)ning

You should be ashamed :D:D

I've given up on Ultimate. Got about 10 gold packs and still havent got a striker or any decent player. Best I got was Elano and he is useless. Morale in my team is unbelievably low. Hense I was losing nearly every game I played. Highest chemistry I got was 35. And the slowness of the whole thing also p**sed me off. Anyone have the problem of it taking about 10 attempts to get a game. Every time I try and play a game it says opponent is gone or something and i have to try again. Anyways, i think i m finished with it!! :mad:
    Rant over! :D

Reganovski wrote: »
    You should be ashamed :D:D

I've given up on Ultimate. Got about 10 gold packs and still havent got a striker or any decent player. Best I got was Elano and he is useless. Morale in my team is unbelievably low. Hense I was losing nearly every game I played. Highest chemistry I got was 35. And the slowness of the whole thing also p**sed me off. Anyone have the problem of it taking about 10 attempts to get a game. Every time I try and play a game it says opponent is gone or something and i have to try again. Anyways, i think i m finished with it!! :mad:
    Rant over! :D

thank christ..I thought I was the only one...servers are brutal slow at times...fcukin EA ..what did I expect..if anything there should be a lobby system for ultimate..
    Their battlefield heroes beta has been down for the past week and the stupid web techs can't figure out what's wrong..shower of gimps...

PS..if you're looking for strikers I have Tevez up for sale( or in the trade pile) as well as a few others...send one some crappy card as a trade and he's yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Y2J - I'm not really looking for coins just trades for players of the same position so if you have any RM you want to get rid of let me know.

Hmmm, I've only got Valdo at RM and a silver French lad. Valdo is great though, picked him up for about 800 randomly.

Whats the best players everyone has gotten in a pack? The best I got was Berbatov. Well, I also got Julio Cesar who is 90, but he is **** all good to me with my french/irish defense. What is John O'Shea's best position? (apart from the sub bench?).

I've been trying to sell Engelaar for ages, who is 78. I couldn't even get 500 coins for him. I lost Borowski (82) for 550 coins. M.Bent for 700. I only got 150 for a 68 Argentine center back. I can make no money from trading at all. I now have Pienaar up for next to nothing because he won't sell.

Then I see people getting 30K plus for the big players, when the guys who are 76-84 won't sell at all. I'm not even optimistic of getting my buy it now 6K, for Julio Cesar who is rated at 90. I usually have less than 2000 coins and people are buying stuff for like 30K.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Whats the best players everyone has gotten in a pack?

In my first gold pack I got Gerrard and Puyol so I presumed you got top players in every gold pack but that wasn't the case. In the next 4 or 5 packs I got nobody of note.

The best players I've gotten from the packs are Gerrard, Puyol, Zlatan (not even going to attempt to spell his surname), Robben and Terry.

This is my squad

Gk
    Given
    Some silver card keeper I cant remember the name of

Defenders
    Puyol
    Terry
    Samuel
    Heinze
    Demichelis
    Panucci
    Lell
    Jorque
    Riise

Midfeilders
    Gerrard
    Borowski
    Nedved
    Kallstrom
    Robben
    Bentley
    Gutirez
    Riquleme

Forwards
    Zlatan
    Van Nistelrooy
    Bojan
    Carew
    Keane

I've been trying to sell Engelaar for ages, who is 78. I couldn't even get 500 coins for him. I lost Borowski (82) for 550 coins. M.Bent for 700. I only got 150 for a 68 Argentine center back. I can make no money from trading at all. I now have Pienaar up for next to nothing because he won't sell.

Then I see people getting 30K plus for the big players, when the guys who are 76-84 won't sell at all. I'm not even optimistic of getting my buy it now 6K, for Julio Cesar who is rated at 90. I usually have less than 2000 coins and people are buying stuff for like 30K.

I'm in the same boat but I just try to snipe gold players with massive massive contracts. Onto a De Rossi with 25 games to fit into my three man italian midfield. Might have to try and snipe your J. Cesar for my 4-3-3:p

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat but I just try to snipe gold players with massive massive contracts. Onto a De Rossi with 25 games to fit into my three man italian midfield. Might have to try and snipe your J. Cesar for my 4-3-3:p

lol, work away! I specifically looked through every Julio Cesar on the trade list to make mine the cheapest buy now price. Hopefully it pays off and someone takes up the option!

What you said you do is a good idea, trying to buy players with large contracts, but I generally try to get the players for the cheapest amount possible. As in, if someone has ages left on their auction with a large contract, its unlikely I'm gonna get them. I had some good bargains.

Its frustrating though, I paid 2800 for Cisse, and 2500 for Coupet who are both 79 (cheapest prices possible at the time). Then I get 500 coins for Borowski who is 81 and can't even get 500 for a quality center midfielder in Engelaar. Really wish I didn't send him to trade pile!

What you do you when your auctions expire and you dont get any bidder? Put them up for the same price or lower? Or what time period do you put on them? I always put 1 day, because I never bother bidding on someone who has 3 days left, because they'll most probably end up going for a fortune!

I've gotten quite good at bidding I think and the contracts are the key because nobody bothers looking at them. Gold contracts go for at least 2g in the trade so any time you can get a guy with a contract of 20 games plus your getting a free contract card. Once you use the edit function right in terms of price,position,nationality and formation then there are only two things to look at, time left in deal and contract. Keep scrolling through and you'll find some diamonds. Am very very close to a De Rossi with 25 games for 500g, probably go up to 2g but a bargain nonetheless

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Is there a list online with all the 4-4-2 players??

Want to organise some sort of team.... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Irish Iron

I've gotten quite good at bidding I think and the contracts are the key because nobody bothers looking at them. Gold contracts go for at least 2g in the trade so any time you can get a guy with a contract of 20 games plus your getting a free contract card. Once you use the edit function right in terms of price,position,nationality and formation then there are only two things to look at, time left in deal and contract. Keep scrolling through and you'll find some diamonds. Am very very close to a De Rossi with 25 games for 500g, probably go up to 2g but a bargain nonetheless

yep i got a gold lucas neill last night for 1000 with a decent amount of games, delighted :D

• Advertisement

what's the big deal with the gold contacts?..hell I'm tossing a load of these away with every good pack..stupid trade pile.
    All of my players are now on 30 match contracts at least and same for same.

what's the big deal with the gold contacts?..hell I'm tossing a load of these away with every good pack..stupid trade pile.
    All of my players are now on 30 match contracts at least and same for same.

They're fine when you have them but when you don't it's a big big deal. I'm not willing to spend money on gold packs and it took my around 2 days to get used to the game so last night I was in the position where I finally built a good first team with fantastic chemistry but all of their contracts were running out at once. Had to buy a **** team to earn money for gold packs. Can't see me being in that position again. Fingers crossed

Gold contracts go for at least 2g in the trade so any time you can get a guy with a contract of 20 games plus your getting a free contract card.

Hard to argue with that logic tbh.

The way i looked at it, if the bidding is open for 2+ days, its very likely someone else will come along at the last second and rob him. Only things I look at were, has it a buy now price? If not, how much is time is left and how likely is it that the price will way up before it expires?

I have 89 chemistry now, with my first choice line up.

French keeper.
    3 French defenders, 1 Italian defender
    3 Spanish midfielders, 1 Scottish
    Cisse and Forlan up front

I wanted to get Saha, but he doesn't like the formation. I've 4 strikers from different countries, but they all love 4-4-2, so its not too bad.

Cisse, Forlan, Berba, Mido

I used a training card and Mido went from 75 to 77. Now he's gold and its harder to keep him.I've quite a wish list of players now. Hopefully some of the players I posted for trade last night will have sold so I can fund my habit. I'm going to write out my ideal squad I want to have by the end of next week, and try to stick to do as much as I can, unless some unreal bargains pop up, or I get a Ronaldo or Messi in a gold pack.

I really don't think its worth buying gold packs though? I've got a lot of rubbish in them.

BTW, EA were supposed to deploy an initial fix for the general speed of the trade section, so I hope its a bit faster at peak times today.

Those Gameplay cards really get on my T***!

I started a match against a chap today and straight way he used his 4 cards.

Pace boost for his own players
    Reduce pace for my players
    Reduce the shooting accuracy of my players
    Strict ref card (every time Id go near one of his players he got a free)

The cards are a joke. I had no chance.

Picked up some great bargains last night:

Ribery, 5.5K
    Stephen Hunt, 700
    William Gallas, 1650

All will slot in nicely and have been three players I have been after for a while. Stephen Hunt is brilliant. He just plays so well. He plays as if he were Ronaldo. Its ridiculous.

Picked up some great bargains last night:

Ribery, 5.5K

That was a great price for Ribery. I've seen him going for around 15-20K.

I'm giving up buying gold packs. At the start I was getting 3 gold contract cards per pack but now I'm lucky to get one. The last Id say 5 packs I've bought I've got absolutely nothing of note (Apart from a 442 card). I'm even starting to get players that I've already sent to my collection again.

That was a great price for Ribery. I've seen him going for around 15-20K.

Yeah, I was delighted with that!

I'm giving up buying gold packs. At the start I was getting 3 gold contract cards per pack but now I'm lucky to get one. The last Id say 5 packs I've bought I've got absolutely nothing of note (Apart from a 442 card). I'm even starting to get players that I've already sent to my collection again.

4-4-2 cards for a player make loads of coins though, dont they? Yeah, I have managed to work up to 13K, highest I've ever had. I could blow that one two packs and get jack all.

In about 12 packs, best I had was Julio Cesar. I always get silver and 76-81 ranked players.

I've loads up for trade that no one will buy.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

I've loads up for trade that no one will buy.

Who you got for sale? Any 4-4-2 players?

Umm, I'm not sure if they are 4-4-2, but Mauri, Barry Robson, Chalme. I can't remember the rest of them

I've nearly sold all my silver players. I got 800 for a rubbish 72 ST last night, but I couldn't get 500 for Engelaar, a gold 79 , decent midfielder.

• Advertisement

I've nearly sold all my silver players. I got 800 for a rubbish 72 ST last night, but I couldn't get 500 for Engelaar, a gold 79 , decent midfielder.

You won't get much for Engelaar. I play the 4-3-3 and he's the only decent dutch midfielder in it and even still he's around the bottom of the pile of the gold 4-3-3 ers. Narrow your search to midfielders who play in that formation and you'll see they're quite cheap.

My team atm is looking quite decent bar a few positions

Agliardi

Sardo
    Domizzi
    some gold 81 ITI----Grosso

Conti
    De Rossi----Toure(need to replace)

---Taddei/Cole
    Fred/Pelissier
    Mancini/Vicente

All my best players are tied down to 15+ games which is great

Advertisement