Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 09 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

brianon wrote: »
    My team chemistry is up to 95 now. Whats yours at ?

A miserable 52. It's definately a work in progress but I have a plan which I am sticking to. My defense is nearing completion but everything else needs work. My only annoyance is that JT is 4-5-1 so he may have to go...however hes training hard and so he should make me alot of money when I do eventually sell. I am looking for a 4-4-2 manager or the card that changes a manager to 4-4-2...they are bloody hard to find!

The one thing that is annoying me is that you have to put teams in your collection once you have 20 or so already. That means if I want to switch to 4-3-3, all my brilliant 4-3-3 players are not accessible as they are already in the folder.

I beat another 5-star 11-0 last night...Johnson is a legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

The change formation cards for 442 are like gold dust it seems. Could cost you up to 40k for one.

I have Dunne in my irish defence but 442 is not his preferred formation so he's on the bench til I get a 442 card :(

Managed to get Heskey, Agbongahor(?), Ashton for strikers.
    Everyone in my team is now 442 with a 442 manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Yeah it's all about the chemistry. I have been quite lucky with my pulls from the gold packs. Pulled Sir Alex and Wenger as managers and Rio Ferdinand and John Terry as my CBs.

My current team is...SPHEREBUILDERS (4-4-2)
    Manager: Sir Alex Ferguson

======================James=====================

===G. Neville==== R. Ferdinand====J. Terry=====L. Baines===

===P. Nedved====A. N. Other========Deco===Geremi=====

=============D. Berbatov======A. Johnson============

The plan is to have an English defense and a Portuguese Midfield if possible...am in the process of making a bif for Ronaldo :)

Berbatov has undergone some gruelling training and is now 92 :)

Have some good trades like Xavi too so hoping to get some good offers today.

If you feel like off loading Nedved...let me know!

I will probably trade him soon and you can have first offer. Am primarily looking for good 442 cards peferably Portuguese midfielders

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Irish Iron

was there someone on hear that said they had del piero to off load??

let me know i have pandev (gold 81) and will trade for any italian or irish striker

• Advertisement

I HAD DelPiero and I HAD Keane.

Sold them yesterday though sorry.

are people filling their collections or are they trading all their cards?

I want to fill one premierleage team before the weekend I think I have 5 Portsmouth already.

are people filling their collections or are they trading all their cards?

I want to fill one premierleage team before the weekend I think I have 5 Portsmouth already.

do u get bonus coins if you fill it??

my teams in tatters i cant win a game at the moment

gonna try and offload some players during the night for 2k or 3k in coins and start out with a high chemistry team

I won a bid for a 4-4-2 advanced manager tactics card last night for 14000 coins (well below average) so that increased my chemistry from 52 to 68.

However, I made a crucial error with my midfield..Germany don't have a LM!!! Tonight, I'm going to get Warnock (4-4-2) LB and hopefully a Advanced 4-4-2 card for JT.

The one thing that is really annoying me is the garbage I am getting in Gold packs...3 in a row had no decent player at all!

Irish Iron wrote: »

gonna try and offload some players during the night for 2k or 3k in coins and start out with a high chemistry team

Apparentyl you get a sizeable bonus...looking forward to checking out that definition. It woud want to be briliant considering the amount you lose by placing a card in the collection compared to trading it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

It just looks too much like collecting stickers, which I grew out of a long time ago...plus you have to buy it...I don't really have any interest to be honest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

I've been reading a lot about this, even though I can't play it at the moment. For filling the collection book, it is, apparently:

5K per Premiership team. 1K per lower league team.

Irish Iron wrote: »

Chemistry is FAR more important than player ratings.
    Only use players that fit together and have same prefered formation.

Sell the rest.

jasonorr wrote: »
    It just looks too much like collecting stickers, which I grew out of a long time ago...plus you have to buy it...I don't really have any interest to be honest!

Im 31 and I think its a great laugh tbh. Brings be back to my younger days :)

Y2J if its omly 5000 per team I wont be doing it again lol...I was expecting 50000 lol. 5000 is only 1 gold pack!

Wil be selling a 92 Berbatov tonight with 99 Attack :) Must get a 4-4-2 English striker to link with Andy Johnson! (or maybe theres another great Bulgarian striker I missed!)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Im 31 and I think its a great laugh tbh. Brings be back to my younger days :)

Y2J if its omly 5000 per team I wont be doing it again lol...I was expecting 50000 lol. 5000 is only 1 gold pack!

Yeah, I dunno...might have given it a proper go if it was free, but can't be arsed paying for something that, to me, looks very childish!

Cé mhéid?

jasonorr wrote: »
    Yeah, I dunno...might have given it a proper go if it was free, but can't be arsed paying for something that, to me, looks very childish!

Cé mhéid?

You download it for free and you get your first 5 games and a starter deck for free. So if you really like it, you can play 800 MS points to play beyond the 5 games.

If you think its childish, then you dont have to pay a cent, but you may enjoy it.

It really doesn't seem worth it. I've seen some gold players go for 10K on the UT forum. Some guy claiming he sold Puyol for 32K, and some lad claiming he sold Messi for 50K.

Although, if you get 500 for putting in each gold card, and 5,000 at the end of that, and is it 14 cards for a full team? Thats 500 x 14 + 5,0000 you get in total.

I could be wrong about all of this, I'm only going off what I've read on other forums and my experience of playing it for about an hour at a mates house.

I sold Xavi for 15.5K last night so it definately happens. I understand your maths, but when you see Ronaldo going for 70-80 K, it would be mad to put him in a folder.

The fact you cannot take the cards out of the folder is rediculous tbh.

I sold Xavi for 15.5K last night so it definately happens. I understand your maths, but when you see Ronaldo going for 70-80 K, it would be mad to put him in a folder.

I think its fair enough to not allow cards back out of the collection once put in.

However, you should be allowed to bring cards back from your trade pile if you want. Not ones you have listed mind.

• Advertisement

Yeah, thats the thing. When I finally get this up and running, I'll be flogging the big name players for 5 digit sums rather than putting them in the collection.

I guess the majority will all want Messi, Torres, Ronaldo, etc, and not realise that its the team chemistry that is nearly the most important thing.

I'll happily sell a big player to fund the rest of my team. I've got loads of rubbish players who aren't great, but I like, in real life. So I hope to fill my team with those who fit into my formation and have a high chemistry.

The collection will be the last thing on my list to do once my team is already fairly well self funded. Miight slap some lower league players in there at the start when I don't need them.

My trade list is like a whos-who of football...Messi, Xavi, Van Persie, Chivu, Nedved, Jo...

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Yeah, thats the thing. When I finally get this up and running, I'll be flogging the big name players for 5 digit sums rather than putting them in the collection.

The problem is that, for example, you get 50000 for a player, thats only 10 Gold packs and you can easily go though 4-5 cards without getting a decent player.

And when you buy any more than 4-5 packs, you find your trade section is full and you have to discard alot of cards you dont want to.

got the team chemistry up to 68 with mediocre players who i like

______adam rooney__me_____
    chadwick__noble__barton__eagles
    __4 italian defenders__
    italian goalie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

What's the story with the packs, do you have to buy them yourself with MS points or once you buy the game do you get them with points

Bubs101 wrote: »
    What's the story with the packs, do you have to buy them yourself with MS points or once you buy the game do you get them with points

You can buy with MS points or you can buy with coins you get in game.

Gold pack if 5k coins (about 500 coins per victory) or 80 MS points.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

D/loaded this last night - played one game with my starting team agaisnt a 4 star team and won...

got a bronze pack full of crap then afterwards... How long would it take for my team to be full of gold star players with a good chemistry?

Also how much is the game to buy once I finish the trial?

800 points - around €9 quid or so.

It depends, its a slow process. You need luck while searching the trade list, you could stumble across some bargains. Or you could get Messi in your first gold pack and trade him for $$$$$$ and fund your team that way. It all depends really.

Also, I was reading the ultimate team forum, and everyone is complaining, that contract cards are very hard to come by and there is not enough of them, but I was at my mates last night and he got at least 2 in every pack. One pack even had 4. 3 silver and 1 bronze.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,431 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    800 points - around €9 quid or so.

It depends, its a slow process. You need luck while searching the trade list, you could stumble across some bargains. Or you could get Messi in your first gold pack and trade him for $$$$$$ and fund your team that way. It all depends really.

Also, I was reading the ultimate team forum, and everyone is complaining, that contract cards are very hard to come by and there is not enough of them, but I was at my mates last night and he got at least 2 in every pack. One pack even had 4. 3 silver and 1 bronze.

stupid contract cards..i'm gettign a crap load every time..
    Was so bad i had gold contact cards and all my players were on 30 game contracts..

• Advertisement

stupid contract cards..i'm gettign a crap load every time..
    Was so bad i had gold contact cards and all my players were on 30 game contracts..

Thats crazy, I've seen countless posts saying that they game is ruined because they can't get any contract cards, but from what I have seen, they seem to be the most common.

Although, I started my team last night (brought my mates 360 back to my house late last night), I got my started pack and bought a bronze pack. No contract cards at all.

Did anybody else have their created player injured at the start of the game? After two games my player was injured. Same with my mates. Have to play two midgets (both 56, one isn't even a striker) up front. lol

Advertisement