Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 09 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Shzm wrote: »
    Looks like this is out today, anyone been following it? Going to get it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irPtocBaLyU

Yep. Downloading at home right now. 1.6G d/l. Really looking forward to it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Downloading atm.

This game mode is absolutely fantastic. Its the same thing as from Champions League 06/07 which was great to play, instead of releasing a new game EA just made an addon which im really happy about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

How much? Can you play online with these teams, seperate from Xbox Live? Hopefully that'll stop people using custom teams against regular teams.

800MS poitns I think. you can buy (with MS poitns) card packs if you want (bronze, silver, gold) but you don't HAVE to. You earn coins from games to buy them in game.

You can play online & offline 32 team tournaments. Not sure if you can play one off 1v1 games with your UT.

Trophies ahve been added to the PS3 version today and also new acheivements for 360 UT mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Sorry lads, what is this?

Everything blocked at work so I cant check out what it is.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

How much are the booster packs to buy???

I think the packs themselves are cheap but you don't have to buy them. Only if you want a head start. You can earn coins through UT mode games to buy, with virtual moeny, more packs.

The ES servers are down now anyway ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Looks pretty good...Will have to d/l it when i get home from work...

Can you do leagues with UT?? That would be pretty good :p

Looks pretty good...Will have to d/l it when i get home from work...

Can you do leagues with UT?? That would be pretty good :p

Waaaaay ahead of you!

There is a massive problem though, and that is money talks. I have been playing these types of games for years and whoever spends the most money is going to have the upper hand. I need to see how fast you can earn packs by playing games, but I'm probably going to spend real money on getting packs, provided they are not overly expensive. Welcome to the world of collectable card games...it'll be cheaper to have a hard drug addiction :rolleyes:

brianon wrote: »
    800MS poitns I think. you can buy (with MS poitns) card packs if you want (bronze, silver, gold) but you don't HAVE to. You earn coins from games to buy them in game.

You can play online & offline 32 team tournaments. Not sure if you can play one off 1v1 games with your UT.

Trophies ahve been added to the PS3 version today and also new acheivements for 360 UT mode.

I tried downloading it this morning and it seems to be free when you download it from within FIFA 09 but when you do it from the Dashboard, its 800 points. Are they different things? (I didnt wait for it to download as i didnt have the time to wait!)

Also, anyone know where to get cheap MS Points? (in case I do have to pay 800 points!) :)

• Advertisement

You download the game for free and you get 5 free games...then you spend 800 to activate the full game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

FutureGuy wrote: »
    You download the game for free and you get 5 free games...then you spend 800 to activate the full game.

Dont like the look of it at all to be honest. Its going to end up the person with the most money at the end of the day will do the best. And i couldnt be arsed spending money on it. Id prefer to just stick with the normal leagues...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Delighted with this.

Loved it in the UCL game. It'll be class :D
    Have 990 points so I'll download it later.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Delighted with this.

Loved it in the UCL game. It'll be class :D
    Have 990 points so I'll download it later.

Downloaded. Played a few games and bought it. Is cool offline BUT with my 1* team of 50-60 rated players my first two online tournament games v teams full of superstars was not much fun :(

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Has anyone noticed how slow UT is?? They have all the UT info comming from their servers rather from your HDD which means its completely slow.

Played a match last night and it lags and that was V computer

Then I went to play my next match and my created player dissapeared for one match and re-appeared for the next match.
    My stats wouldn't update ether so i couldnt buy packs because the coins from my recent game wasnt updated

I like the idea of UT but having it from their servers is redicilious concidering Ranked matches where bad enough as they where...

Anyone else having these problems or am I the only one going mental at it?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Banes05

Definitely not, its so annoying having to wait after every single selection you make!Which is such a shame as it's a great concept but it really lets itself down when all you want to do is have a couple of games with your new players:mad:

Getting disconnected from the EA servers when you're right in the middle of something is also driving me up the wall, but i read on the official fifa forum that theyre workin on a fix for it,so fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Irish Iron

lads i think it must be yer internet connections rather than there servers, is that possible?

coz ive played 7 games and no problems at all.

its such a good addition to fifa, like a new game.

first 3 games i played i didnt concede a goal and won them.
    then had enough skill points to play a cup game again won without conceding.
    all these matches were against teams of equal quality 1*

in the next round of the cup i played a 4* team who had mark viduka up front , he got a first half hat-trick against my slow defenders. then i got a defender sent off, all going wrong until my left winger popped up with 2 quick goals. 80th min and its 3-2, there keeper is making dodgy kick-outs as i used one of them gamer cards and i hit the bar and get 3 corners... no goal.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Im lovin' too.. very slow for me yesterday but was fine today. Well worth the 800points

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Irish Iron

had to open my mouth, cant get into it at all today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Yeah its not loading for me at all either. Probably EA's servers or something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Banes05

Theyve been sorting out the server for the past day or so,seems much,much better for me this morning thank god!

heres a link to the EA teams twitter http://twitter.com/EARom to keep us all up to date on what theyre up to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Anyone else having these problems or am I the only one going mental at it?:confused:

I played my 6th game, unlocked the silver packs, then any game i played after that last night, nothing was updating! no coin, no match record and no skill points! despite it saying i'd earned some after each game! bloody annoying! and i also bought packs that i didnt get till after another game and i couldn't train & negotiate players etc cos it said unknown error....

So yeah, i'm having problems too! :)

The UT servers were in a heap last night but all is supposed to be good today.

I am liking it...will help if they can speed things up outside of the game. Trading section is really slow :(

I got some quite good players together but was still not 'feeling' like I had a decent team at all. Players seemed sluggish in game.

My team chemistry was quite low though. So I decided to buy 5 irish players. 1 GK and 4 defenders. Kiely, Dunne, Finnan, Sheehan(?) and McShane.

Chemistry has no gone green and even though these guys are mostly rated below what I had...the team plays MUCH better now.

BTW...I have Del Piero and Sam E'to for trade if anyone is interested ?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sd08

Then I went to play my next match and my created player dissapeared for one match and re-appeared for the next match.
    I have this problem as well, every time i start the game up my created player is just gone, i can re-create him no problem with all his stats ok but it's a real pain, especially when i go to start a match only to find out my star striker is missing. Also what's up the packs 90% of the players i get are defenders, i now only have 1 striker and he's the one from the start so he's crap.:mad:

Lost my created player last night as well :(

Check out http://twitter.com/EARom

Seems they are fixing(attempting to) issues left right and centre.

To anyone playing UT. From my experience over the first few days....THE most important thing is team chemistry.

I had E'to, Del Piero, Lampard, Sweisteiger(?), Dunne, Lehmann and a few other good players but low team chemistry because not many from the same country and very few who prefer 442.

Now I have 5 Irish defenders, 4 German midfielders and 2 english strikers.

I have
    Keily
    McShane, Dunne, Sheehan, Finnan.
    4 mid 70 rated German midfielders,
    2 reasonable english strikers.
    Almost all prefer 442.

They have team chemistry of 80!

They are FAR superior to my previous team even though man for man the other team was WAY better.

So although you might want a dream team. You will have to sacrifice if you want a good team.

brianon wrote: »
    To anyone playing UT. From my experience over the first few days....THE most important thing is team chemistry.

I had E'to, Del Piero, Lampard, Sweisteiger(?), Dunne, Lehmann and a few other good players but low team chemistry because not many from the same country and very few who prefer 442.

Now I have 5 Irish defenders, 4 German midfielders and 2 english strikers.

I have
    Keily
    McShane, Dunne, Sheehan, Finnan.
    4 mid 70 rated German midfielders,
    2 reasonable english strikers.
    Almost all prefer 442.

They have team chemistry of 80!

They are FAR superior to my previous team even though man for man the other team was WAY better.

So although you might want a dream team. You will have to sacrifice if you want a good team.

Yeah it's all about the chemistry. I have been quite lucky with my pulls from the gold packs. Pulled Sir Alex and Wenger as managers and Rio Ferdinand and John Terry as my CBs.

My current team is...SPHEREBUILDERS (4-4-2)
    Manager: Sir Alex Ferguson

======================James=====================

===G. Neville==== R. Ferdinand====J. Terry=====L. Baines===

===P. Nedved====A. N. Other========Deco===Geremi=====

=============D. Berbatov======A. Johnson============

The plan is to have an English defense and a Portuguese Midfield if possible...am in the process of making a bif for Ronaldo :)

Berbatov has undergone some gruelling training and is now 92 :)

Have some good trades like Xavi too so hoping to get some good offers today.

Has the speed of it improved any bit? I played it last Sunday for a few hours but it was really slow and crashed a couple of times. I kinda gave up on it after that.

Seems to have been running much better last night.

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Yeah it's all about the chemistry. I have been quite lucky with my pulls from the gold packs. Pulled Sir Alex and Wenger as managers and Rio Ferdinand and John Terry as my CBs.

My current team is...SPHEREBUILDERS (4-4-2)
    Manager: Sir Alex Ferguson

======================James=====================

===G. Neville==== R. Ferdinand====J. Terry=====L. Baines===

===P. Nedved====A. N. Other========Deco===Geremi=====

=============D. Berbatov======A. Johnson============

The plan is to have an English defense and a Portuguese Midfield if possible...am in the process of making a bif for Ronaldo :)

Berbatov has undergone some gruelling training and is now 92 :)

Have some good trades like Xavi too so hoping to get some good offers today.

My team chemistry is up to 95 now. Whats yours at ?

Advertisement