Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI shares steadily rising... Worth a punt?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Amigomenor

so if your prediction comes true we are going to be a governmentless and lawless country with inflation escalating at enormous rates

so the money in your bank wont buy yuou a loaf of bread so u might aswell gamble and see if u can make enough to buy lots of high inflationary loafs of bread or loose the lot and still not be able to buy a loaf of bread

you are f***ed if you do and you are f^^^ked if you dont

I believe it could go this way although I hope not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

It's not gonna happen. It's a recession not armaggedon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭TTNYWWBM

Why BOI + AIB are falling like meteors...

Simple, Davy analysts reported this morning that Investors are bailing out from the shares because Brian Cowen announced NAMA bill will only be the finally draft before the July 4th Dail recess and then voted on in September!

It was supposed to be a re convening of the Dail in July to pass it through, but he's a doofus and now economically was a better time to implement it!

Simple as that! Badabing :(

I'm wary of buying back in until most of the sell offs stop. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭jonnyj

Gone back up to 1.82 this evening and AIB are gone up to 1.87.
    Have the Sell offs halted for a bit? anyone know or will we see in the morning!

Sell offs vs buy tipped to 50:50 for 2 hours yesterday around the 1.56 mark, which was well below the TNAV for BOI, AIB turned around the same time.

Looks like the start of a wee rally today, but it won't be anything like previous heights as NAMA has been postponed. Anyone who bought at 1.51 to 1.60 mark could sell at around 1.9*-2.** and let the price recede today or next week a next buy back.

I think we should have normal fluctuations again for a few weeks on the run up to NAMA in September.

• Advertisement

Aha, smart money is selling at 1.95, half split sells a bit of bet hedging...

BOI is now trading at wee bit above TNAV, it's danger zone... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭ranger4

TTNYWWBM wrote: »
    Aha, smart money is selling at 1.95, half split sells a bit of bet hedging...

BOI is now trading at wee bit above TNAV, it's danger zone... ;)

Boi- Aib sp could still have modest gains this afternoon.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

Hoping your right ranger. Very tempted to get out at €2. This post has come along way since I started it and hope people have made plenty of € :D

ranger4 wrote: »
    Boi- Aib sp could still have modest gains this afternoon.:D

You were saying... Have a look at your screens now! ;)

http://www.rte.ie/business/2009/0619/boi.html

Whoooah! Breaking News here!!!

Keep or buy some shares in BOI as you then are eligible for buying cheaper shares on their right issue! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭pocketdooz

Keep or buy some shares in BOI as you then are eligible for buying cheaper shares on their right issue! ;)

Davys are a pack of idiots and havent a clue imho

I wouldn't pay any attention to what they have to say

(My personal opinion)

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭royaler83

Not exactly breaking news in fairness, brokers and sunday papers predicting this for a long while, SP will drop then anyway, less risk that way

You were saying... Have a look at your screens now! ;)

Yea, Nice spike at close for aib.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

what do you reckon the discount would be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭RebelGirrrl

So you'd expect a rise on Monday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

pocketdooz wrote: »
    Davys are a pack of idiots and havent a clue imho

I wouldn't pay any attention to what they have to say

(My personal opinion)

I wouldn't have much belief in what any stockbroker would have to say TBH.

That being said I do believe that the BOI won't have to raise any more capital ( bar what was said in the original article). Just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

June 19th CLOSE of trading NYSE CHART

irejune19.png

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

P, just to add to your chart as it seems to track the XLF pretty well, given that the XLF didnt confirm the S&P in June , it is looking weak here , hard to imagine the irish banks holding up if the US banks start correcting over the summer

xlf.jpg

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

silverharp wrote: »
    P, just to add to your chart as it seems to track the XLF pretty well, given that the XLF didnt confirm the S&P in June , it is looking weak here , hard to imagine the irish banks holding up if the US banks start correcting over the summer

True but if you look at barclays and other cross atlantic banks they are most resilient when the S&P financials fall. If london or dublin post a positive gain and JP morgan/citi/bank of america NYSE and financials decline. Buyers will jump onto the Irish or london banks. It's seems we can have more of an advantage, but of course if barclays has a bad day in london it will open lower on the NYSE and follow NYSE trend.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

pirelli wrote: »
    True but if you look at barclays and other cross atlantic banks they are most resilient when the S&P financials fall. If london or dublin post a positive gain and JP morgan/citi/bank of america NYSE and financials decline. Buyers will jump onto the Irish or london banks. It's seems we can have more of an advantage, but of course if barclays has a bad day in london it will open lower on the NYSE and follow NYSE trend.

I havnt looked at US versus orther banks stocks but I cant imagine any out performance would last for long, directionaly they will be the same over the intermdiate term

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement

Anyone know if the Bank of Ireland AGM is on this Friday. Just heard it from a fella is it true?

AGC is on Friday July 3rd O'Reilly Hall UCD, Belfield D4.
    Starting 11.00

BOI trading is awful cagey at the moment, decent size sells all day today 10k to 30k chunks, further split into little buys...

THE SMART MONEY buckos bailed today at approx 1.75 to 1.78, IMHO I think the price will fall on average a bit on the run up to Friday to see what transpires.

NAMA haircuts are to be variable based on the 'quality' of each toxic debt. It will be interesting to see if this is discussed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

AGC is on Friday July 3rd O'Reilly Hall UCD, Belfield D4.
    Starting 11.00

BOI trading is awful cagey at the moment, decent size sells all day today 10k to 30k chunks, further split into little buys...

THE SMART MONEY buckos bailed today at approx 1.75 to 1.78, IMHO I think the price will fall on average a bit on the run up to Friday to see what transpires.

NAMA haircuts are to be variable based on the 'quality' of each toxic debt. It will be interesting to see if this is discussed!

Any chance we'll see 2euros a share soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Read in an investors forum that as the dollar is getting weaker towards 1,50-/EUR , DOW will most probably reach 9.3000 & BoI will most probably jump to 2.50 per share . The DOW 9.300 will provide guidance .
    The good news : the ECB is providing practically without limits 1 year financing to the banks against collateral, without paying too much attention to the quality of the collateral, which means that if the banks do not need capital to cover some losses then this money will be pouring in the economy .
    !!! THROUGH THE NAMA CONCEPT IRELAND IS INSURING THAT THE BANKS WILL CHANEL THIS MONEY INTO THE ECONOMY AS THE BANK LOSSES WILL BE COVERED UPFRONT . NO OTHER COUNTRY IS DOING THIS !!!

AntiRip wrote: »
    Read in an investors forum that as the dollar is getting weaker towards 1,50-/EUR , DOW will most probably reach 9.3000 & BoI will most probably jump to 2.50 per share . The DOW 9.300 will provide guidance .
    The good news : the ECB is providing practically without limits 1 year financing to the banks against collateral, without paying too much attention to the quality of the collateral, which means that if the banks do not need capital to cover some losses then this money will be pouring in the economy .
    !!! THROUGH THE NAMA CONCEPT IRELAND IS INSURING THAT THE BANKS WILL CHANEL THIS MONEY INTO THE ECONOMY AS THE BANK LOSSES WILL BE COVERED UPFRONT . NO OTHER COUNTRY IS DOING THIS !!!

Very very interesting please add links to any press articles on this!

I heard rumblings on something quite similar but I think this already lifted prices quite suddenly from the 1.60s to around 1.75 on Monday, kept in the air further by punter buys today, and before closing today 1.685.

Early on today 10k to 30k blocks were being sold off while the price rose, quite unusual, smaller volume punter bids were keeping the stock price rising, in partial buys, while smarts kept putting up blocks for sale. This petered out about 3ish today. See the graph and a few trades off the end of today attached...

feed://www.ecb.int/rss/press.html I don't see anything corroborating your post – please add links!

Ya I was thinking they might fall comming up to Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

AntiRip wrote: »

1. RE: Collateral, it's simply prolonging the pain, kicking the can down the road etc.
    2. Would appreciate it if you would provide links to back up your analysis/thoughts on ECB/collateral issues. It can be difficult for some readers to follow sometimes (including myself) as it's a pretty technical subject.
    3. I'd love to see the analysis (or link to the forum you mentioned) that shows the correlation between the DOW, the dollar and BOI.

See attached first, I will edit this message to add more!

_________________edit

There were a few dinky 15 block trades this morning to push the price up, this is highly frowned upon!

The Mr Bigs are selling yesterday and Monday, so please don;t be fooled into thinking this is a rally!
    Cute hoooors are trying to shift at 1.75+ so IMHO this is not a good time to buy!

I see a few 3ks went through now, lads please don't be fooled today, I will keep u posted!

_________________edit

IMHO I forgot to state the obvious, that if ye have a few right now to sell is the time to take advantage of the 1.74!

See attached, the share price went from 1.69 to 1.79 in 4 trades, most just 15 shares, this might temporarily boost the price but this will drop very quickly back! :mad: Highly Unethical! :mad:

Notice the ? Vol. column starts after trade 9, now the price is falling back to sensible.
    ________________edit

There will be more opportune times to buy back than 1.7* IMHO!

• Advertisement

Wonder will a possible rights issue with boi be discussed at fridays agm?

Advertisement