Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Teabag! wrote: »
    then we could take turns 'doubling the size of the hole':eek::D

" teabag gets his coat....."

I think I'll skip out on the beach idea..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Teabag!

Rozabeez wrote: »
    I think I'll skip out on the beach idea..

aw your no fun anymore.......:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Oh I'm getting out of this thread before it descends in to utter debauchery! :D

Night!

And I too am going to bed. Partially because between teabag's excitement about shovels and digging and large bags of mud are starting to become reminiscient of a horror film and also because I wanna work on my fantastically un-PC, strictly ambidextrous song.

Buenas Noches!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Teabag!

And I too am going to bed. Partially because between teabag's excitement about shovels and digging and large bags of mud are starting to become reminiscient of a horror film and also because I wanna work on my fantastically un-PC, strictly ambidextrous song.

Buenas Noches!

i wanna hear this song at the xmas drinks thing!

Teabag! wrote: »
    aw your no fun anymore.......:(

BANNED!!!

• Advertisement

Anyone know if the college will be taking part in the next strike?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Anyone know if the college will be taking part in the next strike?

IFUT were only balloted for one days action, they represent a lot of academic staff.

Siptu, Impact etc. were balloted for multiple days action.

Personally, I dont think most IFUT members (especially in the Arts Depts.) will cross the pickets.

--

on a sidenote, PrivateEye is going onto a national radio station to talk about 'Ahernia' soon.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

PrivateEye wrote: »
    on a sidenote, PrivateEye is going onto a national radio station to talk about 'Ahernia' soon.

Ye still haven't told us how the college are going to pay for a new lecturer if Bertie is cancelled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

irish_goat wrote: »
    Ye still haven't told us how the college are going to pay for a new lecturer if Bertie is cancelled.

Maybe someone who works here and is qualified will do it. You know, like a lecturer in the business and law department.

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Maybe someone who works here and is qualified will do it. You know, like a lecturer in the business and law department.

No one in the business or law department is timetabled/prepared to take on his lectures. I'm not certain but I'd assume any extra hours a lecturer would have to put in to cover would entitle them to overtime pay.

Thus my question, who is going to pay for it?

• Advertisement

damn paedophile priests clogging up the airwaves...

tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

irish_goat wrote: »

It's an unpaid position I thought? Honourary lecturer?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭5Aces

I would go to berties lectures before my own. they make good movies about successful conmen... at any rate it would be good entertainment if he came here. he probably couldnt care less about these petitions. not trying to take anything away from you privateeye, post the link to your ahearnia chat. is it on the last word?

5Aces, trust me Ahern cares loads abut 'attacks on his character' as he always puts these things. When The Northside People went around door to door in Drumcondra with 'Conflict Ahead (see what they did) For Professor Ahern At NUIM' it caused a bit of a stir. He probably cares more about his own personal reputation than any other Irish political figure.

His big day out is ruined before it starts, the level of secrecy is something new altogether.
    Honourary lecturer

Yep.

Two good points would be that a) the college will undoubtably pick up expenses from having him here. €1 is too much. b) its not just a 'guest' lecture, its an honorary adjunct professorship. This seems to be what annoyed the academic staff who signed that letter most. Interestingly, some of the staff signatures we've picked up did not sign the letter at the time (Didn't hear about it, it was quite hush hush)

Should be on Liveline tomorrow.

Maynooth kept Maynooth off the radio!

Jakkass wrote: »
    It's an unpaid position I thought? Honourary lecturer?

Aye Bertie will be unpaid but a lecturer from the business and law school isn't going to do it for free.

They would do as they're salaried employees. They don't get paid by the hour, hence no overtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

It's way colder outside the library than it is inside the library.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Is the library stuffy? It's so very cold outside.

Any of ye commuters get stung by the change in train timetable today? I was lucky, I didn't realise it was changing but my train time was only one minute different. There were about 30 people on the opposite platform though who were standing there for half an hour. I could hear them all huffing and puffing and giving out about it :P

Lulz

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭5Aces

ah you love the drama

• Advertisement

I just hit myself in the nose with my bedroom door, how does one do this? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Any of ye commuters get stung by the change in train timetable today?

No, but I almost got stung by a giant bumblebee on Monday. At seven am, walking out of my room to get the train, I hear the buzzing, look down and there is this massive bumblebee crawling across my freezing cold room.

If you were watching that Dave McSavage thing last night you'll know that bumblebees get everywhere :eek:

The is no emoticon type thing that can possibly describe my face after hearing that.

:S Does not come close.

Bewleys sambo for lunch is not a good lunch :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Any of ye commuters get stung by the change in train timetable today? I was lucky, I didn't realise it was changing but my train time was only one minute different. There were about 30 people on the opposite platform though who were standing there for half an hour. I could hear them all huffing and puffing and giving out about it :P

They had signs up all over the place saying the timetables would change on Sunday! I now get ten minutes' extra sleep :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    If you were watching that Dave McSavage thing last night you'll know that bumblebees get everywhere :eek:

Complete arse, but the Sarah Jessica Parker hooves thing was spot on :)

El Pr0n wrote: »
    They had signs up all over the place saying the timetables would change on Sunday! I now get ten minutes' extra sleep :)

And there's also train that will get to Maynooth at five to nine too. No more gettting the 7:50 train to arrive at 8:10 for a nine o'clock lecture anymore.

Not that I have any of those but still...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

And there's also train that will get to Maynooth at five to nine too. No more gettting the 7:50 train to arrive at 8:10 for a nine o'clock lecture anymore.

Not that I have any of those but still...

Hmm, is that the opposite way to me? I'm coming from Dublin, I either get there at 8.42 or 9.06.

9.06 yeh but that's only if it's on time. The other one is a straight through I assume cause it doesn't stop in Leixlip anyway.

• Advertisement

Maybe I made it up...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement