Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Just started season 4. I'm in love with Jimmy McNulty's voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Was on my way to get my massive kilo tub of 100% Peanut Butter in Vitality and it seems like they're the latest store to close down :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Just started season 4. I'm in love with Jimmy McNulty's voice.

Ah same here!! (watching, not McNulty :)

Went back over them on my week off, I'm up to the end of season 3. Season four is the best IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Ah, yes. The Wire. Another HBO gem. Filled the gap left by Oz ending on TG4 nicely :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Ah, yes. The Wire. Another HBO gem. Filled the gap left by Oz ending on TG4 nicely :pac:
    If that pun was intentional you are one sick bitch :D

The Wire is class. It feels greta to be able to sit down of an evening and watch it on tv, considering all the other crap that does be on. There's hope yet. A new show called Kings starts on RTE2 tonight at 12.20am. Worth a watch (stars Ian McShane.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Been meaning to get into The Wire, even if for no reason than it'll get the people who keep telling me to watch it - now including my mother - to shut the hell up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I was meant to watch it for Sociology, there was even an exam question on it....but still haven't seen an episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Rozabeez wrote: »
    I was meant to watch it for Sociology, there was even an exam question on it....but still haven't seen an episode.
    Your assignment was to watch the Wire and you still didn't do it? Man, you trippin' :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

^^ My mate just finished third-year sociology and he got to watch Ali-G in class. If you get to watch great stuff like The Take (the documentary, not the crap Sky1 show!), Ali G and The Wire....you picked a good class.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Rozabeez wrote: »

State and Society? :)

• Advertisement

Why can't my subjects have easy things like that? Oh, I know, because I don't do Arts :p *shields body and face with arms*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Mod-like question- should we maybe have a thread with subject descriptions/experiences from every faculty to try and avoid a rampage of "Wat 2 xpect from maths?" or "Anybody doin english and irish?" threads between now and sept? (especially after results come out?)

just a thought. Cos I could say quite alot about English and Spanish, and I know the likes of Ro could offer info about sociology and Banquo about music, LeixlipRed about maths etc. (only ones I could remember off the top of my head, I know there's German, Psych., Chemistry, Physics, Anthro., Geog and all the rest floating about here aswell) BUT i get sick of writing it out over and over.

yay/nay?

seems quite neurotic but I'm on a bit of a life-organisation kick atm and think it's carried over into boards :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

A resounding yay from me, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

feck it, I'll do it anyway. I've no energy left to organise my room any further so organise the internet I shall. Wait for it- I'll organise my bebo as well tonight. :pac:

feck it, I'll do it anyway. I've no energy left to organise my room any further so organise the internet I shall. Wait for it- I'll organise my bebo as well tonight. :pac:

Oi! Back on topic...what's the topic again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Liking the fact that serious bstards seem to be going to the gym these days. I love seeing people squat :confused:

ouw5yt.jpg

Great day. Took the dog swimming, walked around Howth, went to a talk to hear two Spanish Civil War vets (Including a 92 year old lad from Spain), had two of the finest pints I've ever been lucky enough to get my hands on, and watched A Clockwork Orange for the first time in donkeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

PrivateEye wrote: »
    ouw5yt.jpg

Great day. Took the dog swimming, walked around Howth, went to a talk to hear two Spanish Civil War vets (Including a 92 year old lad from Spain), had two of the finest pints I've ever been lucky enough to get my hands on, and watched A Clockwork Orange for the first time in donkeys.

Where was there a talk by the Spanish Civil war vets?

http://dublinopinion.com/2009/07/13/a-conversation-with-roma-marquez-santo/

Teachers Club last night, Roma Marques Santo (Who fought in the P.O.U.M before joining with the Anarchist Militias and befriending Durruti) and Jack Edwards (Liverpool lad from the International Brigades)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

That does sound like a productive and enjoyable day.

I drove 7 hours from as far south-west as you can get to home again. With sunburned legs and shoulders.

Savage holiday though. :D

• Advertisement

^Awesomes. We all attempt to do that kind of roadtrip every now and then, but normally it starts raining and we turn the car around :pac:

Where'd you go?

Left Dublin on Tuesday 7th July and drove to Letterkenny via Strabane Co. Tyrone. Stayed in a caravan in Fanad (very northerly tip of Donegal) for four days, three nights and then had a night on the tiles in Letterkenny.

Drove to Achill in Mayo via Sligo the next day, had aspirations of camping but our tent was too flimsy to stay up in the gale force 8 winds so ended up having to stay in a hotel for the night.

Next day we drove from Achill to Kerry, via Galway, Clare and Limerick. This was the worst day for driving, left and 12pm and got there at 10pm that night. Was knackered! We were in Waterville in Kerry, really far west and south. We were there for four nights and then drove home yesterday.

All done with 7 people and their luggage squashed in to a micra and a three door punto.

Best 10 days ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭gra26

Was it cheap?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭mp3guy

The big question

Left Dublin on Tuesday 7th July and drove to Letterkenny via Strabane Co. Tyrone. Stayed in a caravan in Fanad (very northerly tip of Donegal) for four days, three nights and then had a night on the tiles in Letterkenny.

Drove to Achill in Mayo via Sligo the next day, had aspirations of camping but our tent was too flimsy to stay up in the gale force 8 winds so ended up having to stay in a hotel for the night.

Next day we drove from Achill to Kerry the next day, via Galway, Clare and Limerick. This was the worst day for driving, left and 12pm and got there at 10pm that night. Was knackered! We were in Waterville in Kerry, really far west and south. We were there for four nights and then drove home yesterday.

All done with 7 people and their luggage squashed in to a micra and a three door punto.

Best 10 days ever!

Whoo! Mayo! Everyday's a holiday :) I was supposed to be going to KL but repeats got in the way *shakes fist at exam results*

gra26 wrote: »
    Was it cheap?

Did it all for under €300. Including all petrol, accommodation, food, drink, activities and going out.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭gra26

SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly. :)

So quiet around campus today...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭mp3guy

It is every day. It's summer. Though the construction work keeps the place noisy enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement