Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Promotion Code - Irish Ferries / Stena Line

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

cormie wrote: »
    Thanks karl! Any idea when that might expire?

Should have expired sept 12 so use as soon as.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,834 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

has anyone a code which works over the christmas break or are ferries in that period just excluded.
    Ive tried a number of codes that I found online which are accepted by the system (no unknown code or expired code error) but they dont trigger any discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,834 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

has anyone a code which works over the christmas break or are ferries in that period just excluded.
    Ive tried a number of codes that I found online which are accepted by the system (no unknown code or expired code error) but they dont trigger any discount.
    în the end I gave up on codes and because I needed a channel crossing too I just booked a landbridge combi package over the phone which saved a few euro over individual fares.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭Donie75

Anyone got a code for Irish Ferries/Stena? Planning to travel next week Dublin Holyhead.
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

This is still working for Stena: RAKEIN30

I don't think it works for booking any sailings within 24 hours though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Chelon

Anyone have one for Stena Belfast-Cairnryan? It accepts the RAKEIN25 or RAKEIN30 but doesn't apply any discount

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Chelon

Chelon wrote: »
    Anyone have one for Stena Belfast-Cairnryan? It accepts the RAKEIN25 or RAKEIN30 but doesn't apply any discount

Just tried ESCAPE and it's applying discount but only for some ferries.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Looking to book Dublin Holyhead at Easter 2019. Just wondering when is the best time to book. It is currently coming in at €408. Do the prices usually increase as we get closer to the sailing date. Is waiting for a promo code likely to be of benefit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Looking to book Dublin Holyhead at Easter 2019. Just wondering when is the best time to book. It is currently coming in at €408. Do the prices usually increase as we get closer to the sailing date. Is waiting for a promo code likely to be of benefit?

Sign up for Irish Ferries news letter and they will email you when the offers are available. There is normally at least one 25% each year well before Easter so I'd wait for that. I used to travel to the UK in March every year and always got 25% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Looking to book Dublin Holyhead at Easter 2019. Just wondering when is the best time to book. It is currently coming in at €408.

That must be Stena - IF don't go past 6/1/19 as I type this. As far as my experience goes, IF are always cheaper. Others' experiences may vary. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

Which begs the question - is it essentially a monopoly of two? Ferry crossings are horrendously dear, despite all the "from €89" or whatever hype. Yes, there's the Liverpool route but as we usually take the dog, that crossing's too long.

What's the views? Too dear? Just right? Too cheap even?

My view is that the 25% off discount price is the actual price for regular travelers because there are so many 25% off discounts think there were at least 4 this year and a 30% off one. The list price is just a scam to catch out the unaware.

Even with the extra discount you can get of regular full price fairs if you are a regular traveler (think you need to do a min if 3 trips there and back each year to qualify but check yourselves) its still much cheaper to use the discount offers.

I doubt passengers and cars go very far to pay the costs of running IF or Stena Ireland/UK runs its the heavy haulage that pays the bills and keeps them running. I normally go Rosslare to Pembroke Dock on the night sailing (Tuesday or Wednesday) and the ferry is empty often only 20 cars, but always packed with lorries/trailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I usually book under freight. For a van it's a much better deal if you're VAT registered as there's no VAT charged when doing a regular booking through the company sites. I book through an agent, usually as I'm driving to the ferry, without any pre-booking, literally a 30 second phone call and it's booked as they have all my details on file. On their cheaper sailings 08:00 Dub - Holyhead and 14:00 Holyhead to Dub, it was €199 including vat last time, but that also gives a shared cabin with another freight driver so you get a bed (which I always take advantage of) and a meal.

Pricing between IF and Stena are very similar, sometimes IF is cheaper, other times Stena, but always only by a few Euro. Stena has been cheaper lately, seem to have a healthier selection of veg and salad and if you ask nice, they'll try give you a private cabin too as a freight driver.

The problem for most people is that they need to travel at the Weekends (or bank holidays) and these times during the day are almost twice the cost per vehicle than overnight midweek sailings.

Holyhead of a Sunday during the day (inc driver no other passengers) is €152

Same trip in the middle of the night of a Wednesday is €83 with 25% discount you can get that down to €62.50 same for the return journey travelling at night so with discount and the €6 booking fee the cheapest you can get is €131 for both ways.

Compare that with a family (2 Adults 2 Kids) who didn't get a discount and travel at the weekend ( out Sat back Sun during the day) and they could be paying €450 - book 28 days in advance leave it to the week before and it will be €494

I'm excluding all extras as I never book a cabin because I've never not been able to lay out and sleep on the seats. I do often pay the extra €12 for the Flexibility Option on the return trip as I've recently been visiting elderly relatives and may need to extend my stay (or shorten it if they get on my nerves).

All examples from Irish Ferries site.

Edit> I stick with IF over Stena for the Rosslare sailing as imo the IF ferry is the better ship and isn't stopped from sailing quite as often.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

25% off Stenaline to France and UK
    https://www.stenaline.ie/supervalu
    25% off Economy, Flexi & Premium motorist fares to Britain or France
    Available on Dublin to Holyhead, Rosslare to Fishguard & Rosslare to Cherbourg routes
    Book by 23:00hrs 17 February 2019
    For travel up to 18 December 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 12 strong silent type

25% off Stenaline to France and UK
    https://www.stenaline.ie/supervalu

Anyone any idea how this offer works? Can't find any details of a code on the SuperValu site.

Anyone any idea how this offer works? Can't find any details of a code on the SuperValu site.

Have you tried making a booking? It looks like no code needed just use the link you posted. If you go direct to stenaline.ie none of the prices show the discount but the link above does show the discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 strong silent type

my3cents wrote: »
    Have you tried making a booking? It looks like no code needed just use the link you posted. If you go direct to stenaline.ie none of the prices show the discount but the link above does show the discount.

I was going in from the main page and not the link, I'm a dope, thanks my3cents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Any codes available?!

Pacifico wrote: »
    Any codes available?!

When are you travelling? Both carriers have recently had 25% off offers and I suspect it will be a month before there are any more. The next offer in the year is often 20% off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ExoPolitic

Anybody know if the st patricks day foot passenger offer will be around again?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

Wouldn't surprise me. It must be a cashflow boost. And most of those that travel no doubt spend more on board.

I won't be bothering myself this year though. Have done 2 speculative bookings for later in the year for the last 2 years and never ended up using them.

Since they got rid of the Explorer from Dun Laoghaire, our ferry travel has dwindled to next to nothing.

Wouldn't surprise me. It must be a cashflow boost. And most of those that travel no doubt spend more on board.

I won't be bothering myself this year though. Have done 2 speculative bookings for later in the year for the last 2 years and never ended up using them.

Since they got rid of the Explorer from Dun Laoghaire, our ferry travel has dwindled to next to nothing.

Not on the trips I do. I travel overnight a lot and most of the passengers just lay out seats and go to sleep. You can tell those that have traveled before because they bring sleeping bags and blankets. Some mid week journeys would have less than 30 cars on them - Irish Ferries Rosslare-Pembroke

I always travel Irish ferries but I signed up for the Stena Lines newsletter and about a week later they sent me a welcome code discount of 20% so that might work for other people if the sign up for their newsletter. Can't share that code as I think they are personal.

Irish Ferries flash sale 25% if you book this weekend.

https://www.irishferries.com/ie-en/offers/25off-flashsale-britain/ .

Stena are also having a flash sale again 25 % off but there's "sale" lasts till Wednesday code for anyone can't spot it on the website TAKE25

my3cents wrote: »
    Irish Ferries flash sale 25% if you book this weekend.

https://www.irishferries.com/ie-en/offers/25off-flashsale-britain/ .

My bad this one actually runs till Tuesday, main graphic says this weekend only but text says Tuesday March 5th.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mailspaining

On mobile so searching is a bit limited but are there any more discount codes for Irish ferries going anyone know? Hoping to sail in July

On mobile so searching is a bit limited but are there any more discount codes for Irish ferries going anyone know? Hoping to sail in July

There should be something along before then, hold out till at least May.

• Advertisement

ExoPolitic wrote: »
    Anybody know if the st patricks day foot passenger offer will be around again?

Here it is from Stena

https://www.stenaline.ie/sailebrate

€3 single fair foot passenger, book by 11pm on the 17th March

Advertisement